— Overview —
- 2,410 +/- acre historic quail plantation in the Tallahassee/Thomasville Red Hills Plantation Belt
- Located in northeast Leon County, Florida
- Bordering Valhalla Plantation, south of Woodfield Springs, and west of Ring Oak Plantation
- 30+/- acre Cody Lake
- 35+/- acre duck pond "Chemonie Lake" with walk out blinds
- Several other ponds and beautiful hardwood drains
- Extensively managed for quail; all wild birds since around 1940
- Horse stables
- 7,000 square foot main house overlooking Cody Lake
- Gated entrance and paved drive to main house
- Dogtrot style guest house adjacent to main house with four separate bed/bath suites
- Newly built manager's house on Cody Lake
- Three additional employee houses
- Plantation office and headquarters
- Equipment barn, three grain bins
- Great deer, turkey, and duck
- Located on a protected canopy road, designated as one of the country's most scenic roadways
- Approximately half of the property is protected by a conservation easement with Tall Timbers; however, due to its Leon County address we are confident if a conservation easement were placed on the remaining acreage it would yield one of the highest diminutions of value of any plantation in the Red Hills. We cannot emphasize this enough. Please contact our office for more details.
House & Improvements
Out the designated canopied Miccosukee Road, and behind the gated entrance of Chemonie, is a classic collection of plantation improvements. The 7,000+/- square foot brick main house overlooks the 30+/- acre Cody Lake and features expansive living areas and deep southern porches on all sides of the house. Adjacent to the main house is guest lodging with four bedroom suites that all open up to the dogtrot-style center aisle.
Other improvements include a new manager’s house, stables, kennels with a classic revival front facade, barns, plantation office, grain bins, and additional employee housing.