— Overview —
- 2,410 +/- acre historic quail plantation in the Tallahassee/Thomasville Red Hills Plantation Belt
- Located in northeast Leon County, Florida
- Bordering Valhalla Plantation, south of Woodfield Springs, and west of Ring Oak Plantation
- 30+/- acre Cody Lake
- 35+/- acre duck pond "Chemonie Lake" with walk out blinds
- Several other ponds and beautiful hardwood drains
- Extensively managed for quail; all wild birds since around 1940
- Horse stables
- 7,000 square foot main house overlooking Cody Lake
- Gated entrance and paved drive to main house
- Dogtrot style guest house adjacent to main house with four separate bed/bath suites
- Newly built manager's house on Cody Lake
- Three additional employee houses
- Plantation office and headquarters
- Equipment barn, three grain bins
- Great deer, turkey, and duck
- Located on a protected canopy road, designated as one of the country's most scenic roadways
- Approximately half of the property is protected by a conservation easement with Tall Timbers; however, due to its Leon County address we are confident if a conservation easement were placed on the remaining acreage it would yield one of the highest diminutions of value of any plantation in the Red Hills. We cannot emphasize this enough. Please contact our office for more details.
Investors from outside of the area have sought these lands at Chemonie for nearly 200 years now. These fertile soils first attracted absentee land owners from Savannah, Georgia. Years later, wealthy northerners flocked to the Red Hills to escape the winters and socialize over some of the finest quail hunting in the country.
Chemonie is among about 120 other plantations in the Red Hills. It is rare for a plantation to change hands, and only a very few sell or are available at any given time. What sets Chemonie apart is its northeast Leon County location. This is not only the highly desirable Florida side of the belt for tax reasons, but it also is also on the most desirable path of growth in Tallahassee.
Includes established red hills quail plantation, two 30-acre lakes, 7,000+/- square foot main house, four bedroom guest house, kennels, stables, and more!