Deerwood is available at $2,109,600. Essentially, this is a textbook-managed, but small, quail plantation. It is located in an area bordering other high quality recreational properties and holdings but not large wild-only quail plantations (although there are a dozen within 5 miles). For the location reason alone, the land is priced not in the typical $5,000 to $5,500 range, but at only $3,737 per acre and that includes a 9 acre lake and four ponds. This is an exceptional bargain for someone who wants a quail place but does not need to be directly bordering other main plantations.
- 460± acre showplace recreational plantation on the western side of the Thomasville-Tallahassee plantation belt with a nine acre lake, four bass ponds, two of which are excellent duck ponds, a mile of sandy bottom creek frontage, a 10 acre dove field, and abundant fruit-bearing trees/bushes (pecan, fig, persimmon, pear, blueberry, blackberry).
- Improvements- The replacement cost of the improvements is $710,000.
- Cabin - classic, fully restored century-old hunting cabin with wraparound porch, large fireplace, and Viking cooking range
- Four bedroom guest house/manager's house.
- Fenced and very private, with two electric gated entrances
- Pole barn
- Covered wood shed
- Pump house with storage
- Kennels for four dogs
- Future house site on hilltop on 9-acre lake, already furnished with deep well and golf-course type sprinkler system
- $1,719,020 - 460+/- acres including a 9+/- acre lake and four ponds @ $3,737 per acre
- $390,580 - Improvements (replacement minus 45%)
$2,109,600 Total Ask Price