Pleasant Hill Plantation





Pleasant Hill Plantation


Improvements on "Tara" Section

Pleasant Hill Plantation

Clubhouse: The genesis of the Clubhouse began more than 100 years ago when Dr. Eugene Morrison built a single room dental office in Estill with a small storage area and a restroom. Winston Lawton, his grandson, gave the building to the current owners and they placed it on the property in 2014 and began improvements. A new kitchen and powder room were added, and a sunroom to its rear. The building has a high efficiency HVAC system and spray in foam insulation throughout, on demand water heater, thick Hardie Plank siding and a metal roof. The kitchen appliances are new and state of the art. The well and septic are also new, and the well tank is housed in the pump house. The grounds have been landscaped and are watered with an irrigation system, including drip irrigation to the live oaks. A fire pot is located about 75 feet from the Clubhouse and the “Barn.” Construction was completed during November of 2015.

Barn: The “barn” is all-new construction and was completed during November of 2015. It is equipped with a high efficiency HVAC system, pine paneling, exterior siding of thick Hardie Plank, and a metal roof. The ground floor has an entry hall, two full bathrooms with tile floors and showers, a utility room with washer and dryer, and a large open kitchen and dining area. The second floor has two small bedrooms equipped with twin beds and a small sitting area. If one desired, the ground level dining Kitchen could be converted into a master suite with bedroom and bathroom. The “Barn” would then be a bunkhouse with 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.

Quail Flight Pen: This top of the line quail flight pen was completed in the Fall of 2014. The flight pen was used during the Fall and Winter quail season by a small group of hunters. About 500 quail were delivered weekly throughout the season beginning in early October and extending through March of 2015.

Duck Ponds: The duck ponds were originally used as old catfish ponds, but have been converted into high quality impoundments consisting of 100 acres of surface water contained by 25 acres of dikes. Two deep-water wells with line shaft pumps driven by three phase electrical power provide plenty of volume to pump up the ponds. These ponds have been in duck management over the past 20 years.

Pleasant Hill Plantation
Pleasant Hill Plantation


Overview - "Swan Hill" Section

About: The Swan Hill Plantation section is comprised of 638 acres of excellent quail woods and straddles Hampton and Jasper Counties. You're invited in by an oak alley that is a stones throw from the main corridor where Sherman's army marched in 1865 from Savannah to Columbia and on to North Carolina in the devastating Carolina's Campaign, which left the Lowcountry in ruins near the end of the Civil War.

Native longleaf and merchantable loblolly sawtimber, poles and chip-n-saw span the property and there are no structures on this section. During a timber summary conducted in April and May of 2016, there were 239 inventory plots taken on the property with an estimate of $420,000 more or less or $658 per acre in total timber value.

Pleasant Hill Plantation
Pleasant Hill Plantation
Pleasant Hill Plantation
 

RCW program: It should be noted that one colony of Red Cockaded Woodpeckers (RCW’s) is present on this section of the property, and there are certain restrictions on timber harvest related to the RCW’s. One restriction pertains to the nesting period during which harvesting activities are not allowed within a certain distance from the colony. Another restriction requires that a certain density of pine forage trees remain after any planned harvest.

For more information on the RCW program, you may wish to contact South Carolina’s Department of Natural Resources. Caroline Causey is in charge of the RCW Safe Harbor Program for South Carolina and may be reached by email at Causey@dnr.sc.gov.


— OVERVIEW —
of Pleasant Hill Plantation

  • 1,845 +/- Acre Lowcountry, South Carolina Plantation
  • Historic Property in Hampton & Jasper Counties
  • Less than one hour from Savannah, Georgia and Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
  • 100 +/- acres of duck impoundments, contained by 25 acres of dikes
  • Two deep water wells with line shaft pumps driven by three phase electrical power providing plenty of volume to "pump up" the ponds
  • Plantation house circa 1890 with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
  • Newly constructed, state of the art, quail flight pen completed in the Fall of 2014
  • Newly constructed clubhouse completed in the Winter of 2015 with state of the art Thermador appliances and gas Kitchen Aid stove
  • Newly constructed two story "barn" or bunk house in the Winter of 2015 featuring 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a full kitchen and dining area.
  • 25 +/- acre showplace lake with excellent bass and bream fishing
  • 7 stall horse barn
  • Newly renovated guest cottage with half kitchen and dining area
  • Main equipment barn with Manager's Office/House
  • Located less than 40 miles to Palmetto Bluff in Bluffton, South Carolina
  • Estimated timber value north of $1,220,000
  • Nearby plantations include Pineland, Black Swamp, Gravel Hill, Woodstock, Bostick, Woodside, Davant, Turkey Hill, Groton, Hoover, and Okeetee among others.
  • High population of whitetail deer and eastern wild turkeys and prime early release quail woods
  • Potential annual hunting lease value of duck impoundments north of $100,000 gross
  • 20 miles from the public airport in Ridgeland, SC.
  • There are no conservation easements on the property
  • May be divided

1,845 +/- Acres
Now Available
$8,225,000

 

CONTACT

CJ Brown

Mobile: 803-480-1260
cj@jonkohler.com