Sugar Lake Plantation Maps
- 2,180+/- acres in Sugar Valley between Centre and Piedmont, Alabama, mid-distance between Atlanta and Birmingham (2 hours)
- Featuring the private, 160+/- acre Sugar Lake with exceptional fishing for bass, bream, crappie
- Beautiful geographic setting in the Southern Appalachian Ridges and Valleys, nestled between the Piedmont Uplands and the Cumberland Plateau surrounded by mountains
- Structures done in a traditional southern architectural style with leanings of lake vernacular, built for the elite Arcadian Club, the southeast's version of the San Francisco-area Bohemian Club of powerhouse executives
- Open-air covered clubhouse with six bunk rooms, an attached cook house (20'x25'), and a bath house (20'x30') with four more bunk rooms upstairs
- Merchantable pine timber estimates of $579,950 per forester on apx 741 acres
- Majority of soils very good for pasture; Property would make a gorgeous cattle ranch conversion and owner is currently converting portions of the property to pasture
- Newly built (2010) Centre-Piedmont-Cherokee County Regional Airport (PYP) with 5,500' runway less than eight miles from Sugar Lake Plantation
- Area has great recreational and ecotourism opportunities: Lake Weiss, nearby golf courses, hiking, rivers, historic nearby towns, and more
- The private lake spans over a mile; State-record runner-up caught in Sugar Lake
- Over 2 miles of creek frontage, duck pond, and great recreation- Big deer, turkey, ducks
- A portion of property, 2,085 +/- acres, is Protected by a conservation easement allowing for Six homesites. There is 95 +/- acres of the property is not under a conservation easement.
- The property is ideal for cattle, quail, timber, and recreation.