Recreational and Working Lands Investment Property with Higher and Better Use
A recreational and working lands property, Lynniam Place is approximately 1,299 +/- total acres in Calhoun County, Florida. This is an all around strategic property. There are multiple asset classes in this one property. It is located just 2 miles to shopping and restaurants in Blountstown, Florida and just one hour to shopping and restaurants in Tallahassee, Florida. At $2,200 per acre in Florida and with this proximity to these regional hubs, it's hard to go wrong.
The property fits our description of Florida "Working Lands" which means it's priced right for wealth accumulation "over and above" Florida's appreciation cycles as it grows a needed commodity, timber.
"Much of the timber is planted on fertile farmland. This, combined with conceptual plans for 61 lots across three ranchette communities, makes this one of the sexiest timberland plays we have seen in a long time." - Jon Kohler
There is no current conservation easement so the development potential can still be monetized. There is significant road frontage. The landowner has conceptually platted future home sites; 61 ranchettes in 3 ranchette subdivisions, in various stages of entitlements. Fully entitled lots in a high demand area have the potential to enhance the conservation easement value significantly, adding to ROI potential with significant income tax savings. The platted lots would not impact the option for Ag exemption but would increase the number of options available to manage the property over time. One hundred percent of this tract is in an opportunity zone, meaning another option for increasing future ROI. A good portion of it is USDA grade farmland of which the row crops have recently been converted into pine timber by the current owner.
The three tracts are the 1,000 acre “Durham Woods, the 230-acre “Creek Ridge," and the 69.06 acre “Timber Hill."
- The draft conceptual plan for the 1,000-acre “Durham Woods” ranchette community consists of approximately 42 ranchettes ranging from 10-247 acres.
- A good portion of it is USDA grade farmland, of which the row crops have recently been converted into pine timber by the current owner. This tract was damaged by Hurricane Michael but has been cleaned up and replanted.
- There is significant road frontage.
- The draft conceptual plan for the 230-acre “Creek Ridge” ranchette community consists of approximately 6 ranchettes ranging from 10-12.10 acres with one being approx. 178.58 acres.
- One half mile of road frontage.
- The 69.06-acre "Timber Hill" ranchette community platted for 13 ranchettes ranging from 5-7.34 acres.
- Rolling topography and frontage on Hwy 73A. It was planted in 2022 and the lots are “high and dry.”
While putting in play the multiple options for future returns, this investment and working lands property can offer you and your family outdoor fun immediately. The deer and turkey hunting are very good as the tracts are surrounded by like-minded landowners with agriculture and timber. These tracts are very close to shopping and restaurants in Blountstown, Florida and approximately one hour to shopping and restaurants in Tallahassee, Florida. It is extremely convenient to regional hubs like Dothan, Alabama, Panama City, Florida and Marianna, Florida.
This opportunity is essentially “five asset classes in one.”
- A recreational property
- A timber property
- A “higher and better use” property with three ranchette communities.
- A conservation easement play. Given the preplanned ranchette communities, this property will appraise well from a development perspective. The development value here is well situated to be monetized through a donation conservation easement providing immediate income tax savings - cutting taxable income by half and spread out up to 16 years.
- A Social Storm Property ™ the type of property one would want to own in either bad times or good. It has vast natural resources and multiple income streams. It’s perhaps the perfect hedge.
***For tract draft conceptual development maps, please visit the maps section of this website.
Maps & Location
- Two miles to Blountstown, Florida
- 35 minutes Marianna, Florida
- One hour to Tallahassee, Florida
- One hour to Panama City, Florida
- One hour and 15 minutes to Dothan, Alabama