Madison County High Quality Recreational Property with a Natural Spring
- 98 Acres+/- recreational & timber property in Madison County, Florida
- Located in the heart of the Upper Suwannee Valley
- Natural spring on the property with correlation to the Suwannee River
- Great Ecotone
- Less than ten minutes from Madison
- Recent Longleaf timber restoration for long-term timber benefit
- Less than ten minutes from the historic Suwannee River & Blue Springs
- Located in the breadbasket of Florida. Neighbors to some of the largest agriculture producers in the state
- Stands in one of the largest and profitable timber markets in North Florida
- Minutes from the quaint town of Lee, Florida
- Two miles from I-10
Madison Springs is a 98-acre recreational & timber property in Madison County, Florida. The property is less than a mile from the historic town of Lee, which is known for its rich agricultural history and small-town charm. This area of North Florida is known as the breadbasket of Florida, as the Upper Suwannee Valley between Live Oak, Madison, and Valdosta, Georgia has some of the richest agriculture-producing soil in North Florida and South Georgia.
This unique property is positioned in one of the largest and most profitable timber markets in North Florida. The timber was recently managed for longleaf restoration. All unmerchantable hardwood was removed leaving all the valuable longleaf pine remaining. This will help the timber value continue to grow and add timber value for years to come. There are cleared areas of hardwood scrub where pines previously could not produce from decades of mismanagement. Today, the ground is cleared and ready to be replanted with timber or can easily be converted to cattle or agriculture fields.
The recent timber management project is a key factor in wildlife habitat. The area is abundant in deer, turkeys, ducks, and quail. Due to the successful combination of agriculture and timber management in Madison County, this has created one of the top wildlife-producing counties in the entire state of Florida. Easily accessible, Madison Springs sits less than five minutes from I-10, making for a great and convenient getaway hunting location.
The spring on the property has a direct correlation with the Suwannee River, which is a few miles east of the property. Contrary to intuition, when the river is high, the water level in the spring drops. When the river level begins to drop, the water in the spring rises. This spring feature is unique to the Suwannee Valley, and as such wildlife thrives with the presence of an untapped local watering hole. Cold and refreshing, the spring makes for a fun swimming hole to enjoy in the hot summer months. Additionally, with the river just around the corner and the spring onsite, this property is a honey hole for abundant year-round recreation.