Excellent working cattle ranch strategically located to enjoy both “Old Florida” and the excitement, growth, and social aspects of South West Florida
- 190± acre working cattle ranch in Sarasota County, Florida
- One of the largest tracts available in South West Florida
- Excellent Social Storm® features
- Located in Florida's fastest growing county
- Strong income potential from cattle
- Great soil and location for agriculture production
- One of the top areas for sod production in South West Florida
- Close to 30 minutes from Sarasota
- Less than 30 miles from Port Charlotte and the beaches of the Gulf Coast
- Surrounded by some of Florida's most historic cattle ranches
- Minutes from Myakka River State Park, one of Florida's oldest and largest parks
- 120± acres of improved pasture and 70± acres of oak hammock
- Oak hammocks provide abundant population of deer, Osceola turkey and wild hog
- One dwelling per 160 acres
Sarasota Ranch is a 190± acre working cattle ranch located in Sarasota County, Florida. This ranch is an excellent glimpse at old Florida. It is perhaps the perfect blend of recreation, beauty, and income production. The property is located just outside of Sarasota on historic State Road 72. Sarasota County is one of the fastest growing areas in the Southeast. Sarasota Ranch is located just miles from massive growth yet is buffered by great neighbors. The surrounding properties are some of the most historic cattle ranches in Florida. Just to the west is the Myakka River Conservation Area. This region makes up one of the largest and oldest state parks in Florida. Less than 30 miles from Port Charlotte and Siesta Key, this property is conveniently located near the white sand beaches of the Gulf Coast.
Sarasota Ranch is one of the largest working cattle ranches on the market in South West Florida. The highly improved pastures are configured for rotational grazing throughout the property. Having the ability to store wealth in cattle and with multiple nearby markets make this a very liquid investment. There are certainly other agriculture opportunities to consider with this investment as well. Sarasota County boasts of one of the top sod-producing counties in South West Florida.
This property is a highly rated Social Storm® Property. This Social Storm® property belongs to a unique asset class with key property attributes that investors gravitate to for safety in bad times and buy for a recreation reward in good times.
One of the key features of this ranch is the zoning ordinance. Per Sarasota County, properties zoned in agriculture can build one dwelling per 160 acres. This property and the surrounding area are safe from encroachment.
This is a great opportunity to own high-quality land in one of Florida’s fastest growing and most desirable counties. Ranches of this caliber are dwindling and becoming harder and harder to find. Many similar properties are State Parks and can never be owned. All it takes is one bad landowner in history, and all of the legacy, all of the beauty you see here is lost forever. There are only a few ranches really left in Florida and across the south that can compare to the quality of a property like this.
Co-listed with Saunders Raultston Dantzler