Southern Cattle Lands
Jackson County, Florida⁞9677± ACRES
SEALED BID AUCTION - At 9,677 +/- Acres, Southern Cattle Lands is One of the Finest Agricultural Operations and Cattle Ranches in the South with Numerous Wells (existing and permitted), Center Pivots (and Schematics for More), Top Farmland Soils, Improved and Highly Improved Pastures, 130 acre Spring-fed Lake, a Spring, Creek, and Exceptional Improvements
SEALED BID AUCTION SALE
The Seller Added Additional Acreage - BIDDING DEADLINE is Now OCTOBER 24, 2019, 2PM ET
Jon Kohler & Associates and Southern Land Connection are proud to offer Southern Cattle Lands via its Sealed Bid Auction Process. Southern Cattle Lands is one of the finest agricultural operations and cattle ranches in the South with numerous wells (existing and permitted), center pivots, top farmland soils, exceptional improvements, lakes, springs, creeks, and improved and highly improved pastures. Whether one is looking for top farmland soils, or a diverse agricultural and ranch opportunity, this is one of the largest and finest opportunities to become available in quite some time. The opportunity here and now is unprecedented.
Investors have the option of bidding on Southern Cattle Lands in its entirety, or it is being offered divided in fifteen tracts ranging from 168.57 acres up to 1,417.43 acres. Traditional offers may be submitted prior to the auction date. The seller reserves the option of accepting or rejecting any or all bids.
Southern Cattle Lands is being offered through our Sealed Bid Auction Process. This process is developed to cater to investors who wish to simply invest in a property without the risk and uncertainty of a typical auction. "Bids" (the amount that a buyer would be willing to enter into a binding contract (with customary terms and protections)), may be submitted by October 24, 2019 at 2:00 ET to the law firm of Davis, Schnitker, Reeves, and Browning. Please see Bid Form. Traditional offers may be submitted prior to the auction date.
Capitalize on many diverse agricultural opportunities not offered to most. No time in recent memory has a buyer been able to pick and choose this much great land; for a buyer to have the choice of this much high quality land is unprecedented. The opportunity to buy high quality land like this is very rare; Don’t Miss this Opportunity!
- 9,677.64 +/- total acre operation in Jackson County, Florida in a prosperous farming neighborhood
- PASTURE: 5,042 +/- acres in Pasture, including some with Perennial Peanut, TifQuik, Tifton 85, and blends.
- SOILS: Very good, Class II soils- Majority is Chipola, Red Bay, Greenville, Troup, Orangeburg, Grady, Fuquay, and Albany
- Less than 18% wetlands across the entire operation. Significant water features (described below)
- 6,522 +/- Acres Located in Federal Designated Opportunity Zone
Water and Irrigation
- 8 center pivots totaling 914+/- acres currently irrigated
- Generous 20-year water-use permitting already negotiated or currently in-house to be approved by NWFWMD (Three separate permits)
- Plans/schematics for an additional 2,590+/- acres of center pivots (includes permit pending)
- SPRINGS: Waddell's Spring - Magnitude 2 and bottled alkaline water quality, permits being secured, three observation wells already drilled
- LAKE: The historic and spring-fed 130+/- acre lake "Waddell's Mill Pond"
- WELLS: 41 Existing Wells (11 existing irrigation wells, 19 livestock wells, 6 monitoring wells, 3 domestic and 2 limited public supply well). 15 additional permitted irrigation wells not yet constructed. Three new wells are proposed and pending at the NWFWMD.
- CREEKS: 2.6+/- miles on Russ Mill Creek, Apx 1.4 mile on Spring Branch, nearly 1.9 miles on Waddells Mill Creek, and Apx 1 mile on Muddy Creek
Structures and Other Improvements
- 75,000 sq.ft. State-of-the-art Sale Barn with auction auditorium, corporate offices, and entertainment facilities
- Show Barn
- Donor Barn/Embryological Transfer Facility
- 3 Hay Barns, 180' x 200' +/-
- Numerous equipment barns, sheds
- Boathouse on Waddell Mill Pond
- Conservative estimates of over 150 miles of fence with a majority high quality woven wire with wooden posts with premium gates
- Five working set-ups/working pens
- Eight houses
Southern Cattle Lands is located on Hwy 231 approximately 10 miles northwest of Marianna in Jackson County, Florida, just 25 miles south of Dothan, Alabama. The Florida Caverns State Park borders the property to the south, and the UF/IFAS Extension Education Center at Greenwood is to the northeast with whom Southern Cattle Company has partnered by sending SCC cattle for extensive genetic research for feed efficiency.
Wildlife & Recreation
Jackson County is well-known for producing very good whitetails. There is an abundant population of turkey on the ranch. Fishing and boating/kayaking opportunities on the lake.
Click the Individual Tracts below for Detailed Information, Photos, and Maps:
DISCLAIMER: Acreage, Square footage, wetland and creek calculations, and dimensions were calculated for auction purposes only and are approximate. They are not guaranteed by the seller, Jon Kohler & Associates, or Southern Land Connection. All information is believed to be correct but is not guaranteed. It is the responsibility of the buyer and/or the Buyer’s Agent/Broker to determine the accuracy of all specifications of property, including timber inventory and values. The information contained in the bid information (“bid form”, “fact sheet”) and all materials are subject to the terms and conditions of Purchase Agreement. It is recommended to inspect the property and documents. Seller has the right to add or delete property. Not responsible for any third party document. Seller reserves the option to accept or reject any or all bids. AGENCY DISCLOSURE: Jon Kohler & Associates and Southern Land Connection are acting exclusively as an agent for the Seller (or represents the seller in this transaction) and not as an agent for any bidder or buyer, but does not have the authority to make representations on the behalf of the Seller with respect to any matter.