Recreational and Working Lands Investment Property with Higher and Better Use
Timber Hill is approximately 69.06 +/- total acres in Calhoun County, Florida. It is a non-contiguous parcel of another large listing and being offered separately. There are multiple uses of this property from subdivision to timber and recreation.
It is located just 5 miles to shopping and restaurants in Blountstown, Florida and just one hour to shopping and restaurants in Tallahassee, Florida. It is extremely convenient to Dothan, AL (55 miles), Panama City, FL (44 miles) and Marianna, FL (less than 20 miles).
There is significant road frontage on HWY 73A from which the landowner has planned to capitalize via a future ranchette community. In 2022, he platted 13 ranchettes ranging from 5-7.34 acres.
The platted lots won't impact the ability to get Ag exemption, but will significantly increase options on how to manage the property over time, including conservation easement opportunities. One hundred percent of this tract is in an opportunity zone. There is not currently a conservation easement.
The deer and turkey at Timber Hill are good as the property is surrounded by like-minded landowners with agriculture and timber.
This opportunity is essentially "five asset classes in one:"
- A recreational property
- A timber property
- A “higher and better use” property with a platted ranchette community concept (13 ranchettes ranging from 5-7.34 acres). The 5-acre ranchettes would likely sell in the $8,000-$10,000 per acre range.
- A conservation easement play. Given the preplanned ranchette community, this property will appraise well from a development perspective. The development value here is well situated to be monetized through a donation conservation easement providing immediate income tax savings - cutting taxable income by half and spread out up to 16 years.
- A Social Storm Property ™ the type of property one would want to own in either bad times or good. It has vast natural resources and multiple income streams. It’s perhaps the perfect hedge.
****For the site plan for the ranchette community concept, please see the Maps section of this website.
****NOTE, there is an opportunity to purchase another 230-acres, "Creek Ridge" and a 1,000-acre "Durham Woods."
Maps & Location
- 16 miles to Blountstown, FL
- 1 hr 10 min to Florida's capital city
- 19 miles to Marianna, FL
- 44 miles to Panama City, FL
- 55 miles to Dothan, AL