Upson County, Georgia⁞729.54± ACRES
Recreational and Timber Property with Running Creek Frontage, Class III Whitewater Rapids, Amazing Elevation Change, & Great Deer and Turkey
- 729 +/- Acre High-Quality Recreational Property in Upson County, GA
- Part of the famed "Watercrest" or "Hightower Estate"
- Trophy deer hunting here is exceptional and turkey population good.
- Very rolling topography & heavily forested in a mix of hardwood and natural pine
- 1 mile of both sides of Baroucho Creek
- 1 mile of frontage on Potato Creek
- Class III Whitewater Rapids for almost a mile
- One of the oldest remaining stands of mixed pine and hardwoods in Georgia
- There is an amazing 220 feet of elevation change with heights of 720 feet
- Located in in a high demand area of Thomaston; there is currently no conservation easement & this would be an ideal candidate.
- Located Minutes from Downtown Thomaston, GA & 7.8 miles from Thomaston Upson Regional Airport
- Offered divided; This property is two parcels 372.88+/- acres and 356.66+/- acres
- The #1 airport in the world is 60 miles away
Once part of the famed Hightower Estate and currently part of WaterCrest estate itself, this 729+/- acres is a spectacular of Georgia Piedmont properties. This is an amazing 220 feet of elevation change with heights of 720 feet. The property contains 1 mile of on Potato Creek, 1 mile of both sides of Baroucho Creek, and a Class III whitewater rapids for almost a mile. The property is very rolling and heavily forested in a mix of hardwood and natural pine. The trophy deer hunting here is exceptional and turkey population good.
This high quality recreational and timber property (comprising of two separate 372.88 +/- acre and 356.66 +/- acre parcels) is located in Upson County, Georgia. The northern 372.88 acres that border the esteemed WaterCrest estate. Whereas the 356.66 acres is just south on Peach Belt. Both tracts have exceptional water resources.
The property is in a high demand area of Thomaston. There is currently no conservation easement and this would be an ideal candidate.
The property is just 7.8 +/- miles away from the Upson County Regional Commercial Airport that offers private or Jet strip terminals. Visit the Ocmulgee Mounds National Historical Park located in Macon or Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain for a quick day trip. Newnan is just 45 minutes away where The Walking Dead fans can tour filming locations for seasons 2-6. Head 45 minutes south to soak in the historical sites Columbus has to offer or visit the Swamp Fox Distillery to enjoy libations. Atlanta is just 60 miles away allowing for convenient departure out of the Atlanta Hartsfield airport. The property has beautiful rolling topography, great water, timber, and great wildlife.
Note - This property can be divided 372.88 acres ask price $1,667,960 and the ask price of the 356.66 acres is $1,961,630. Also, there is the opportunity to purchase WaterCrest, an additional 740 +/- acres (contiguous to Crest Shoal's northern parcel) complete with a 12,000 sq. ft. grand estate built by famed architect Philip Shutze, a 2,460 sq. ft. lake house, a 68+/- acre lake, and more for $6,998,500.
The Kohler & Associate’s
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Or want to discuss the market with the Leader in this niche?
Contact us to discuss one of our properties, for information on properties that are not yet released to the market or to discuss the market.