Fort Deposit Outfitters
Lowndes County, Alabama⁞1088± ACRES
1,088-acre Premier Turn-key Recreational Farm, High Fenced & managed for Trophy Whitetails, Exceptional Custom Lodge with sprawling views of Beautiful Manicured Grounds; Perhaps the finest Trophy Whitetail Hunting & Entertainment Property of its size in Alabama
- 1,088 +/-acres Turnkey High Fence Recreational Property, Lowndes County, AL
- Rolling topography with prosperous stands of natural and planted pine
- Managed with prescribed fire has created excellent habitat for deer, turkey, and quail
- Beautiful hardwoods along the creek bottom
- Custom 6,200 SF Lodge, 4BR/4BA with large mudroom, open floor plan, giant wood burning fireplace, outdoor kitchen and large porch offering breathtaking lake views
- Exceptional furniture decorated by professional interior designer
- 150 +/-acres of fenced pasture for cattle grazing with additional adjoining acreage suitable for easy conversion to pasture
- 20 head of Wagyu Cattle
- Fully stocked 4-acre lake
- Large barn equipped with walk-in cooler, stainless-steel game cleaning tables and a whole house automatic generato
- Large open-air shed for heavy equipment storage with enclosed workshop
- 8 ft high fence with electric gated entrance. Designed with a cross fence dividing the property into 400 and 600 +/-acres and equipped with electric gates
- Exceptional high-quality deer herd with an estimated ratio of 50/50 northern to southern genetics
- Pure bred northern genetic bucks will reach 140” as a 2 Year old, 160” as a 3 Year old, 180” as a 4 Year old
- Northern pregnant does have been released into the high fence for years as well as Northern yearling bucks
- The native bucks are very impressive benefitting from the high protein year-round feeding as well as cross breeding with northern genetics
- 7 pen Deer breeding facility stocked with northern genetics
- Good Income potential through paid hunts
- 10 large wildlife food plots
- MB Ranch shooting houses
- 1.8+/-miles of creek frontage along Fort Deposit Creek
- Excellent well-maintained road system throughout
- Farm Equipment essential to maintaining the property
- Located in a neighborhood of large surrounding landowners
- Excellent location with quick access to I-65
- 35 minutes to Montgomery Regional Airport & 2.5 hours to Atlanta airport
- Just 2 hours to Mobile and 1.5 hours to Birmingham
Fort Deposit Outfitters is 1,088 acres intensively managed ground, high-fenced, in Lowndes County, Alabama and is perhaps the finest trophy whitetail property of its size in South Alabama. The custom 6200 SF lodge is spectacular and is overlooking a 4-acre Lake surrounded by rolling manicured pine stands. The property has a diverse landscape and beautiful rolling topography with prosperous stands of natural and planted pine, hardwoods, and fenced pastureland for cattle.
Fort Deposit Outfitters is currently managed for trophy whitetail deer & turkey but has exceptional habitat for quail and is well suited for several gentlemen’s quail courses. The current landowner began making major improvements to the property in 2008. He constructed a high-fence on the entire property, built breeding pens, began managing the big Lowndes County whitetails, bred exceptional northern genetics into the deer herd, built roads, ponds, converted acreage to pasture, built large food plots and continued a controlled burn program. The property has been exceptionally maintained and ranks among the top recreational properties in the Southeast.
The deer hunting will provide an experience unlike anything most have ever seen. Exceptional high-quality deer herd with an estimated ratio of 50/50 northern to southern genetics. Pure bred northern genetics will reach 180” as a 4-year-old and can reach 140” as 2-year-old. The future of trophy whitetail hunting at Fort Deposit Outfitters is very bright. The properties income potential is significant as a commercial hunting outfitter on top of what the property produces in timber and cattle.
The amenities are incredible. The well-appointed custom 6200 SF lodge has 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, kitchen, a large open living room & dining room with a huge wood burning fireplace, mud room, and laundry. The lodge was professionally decorated with exceptional furniture throughout. The front of the lodge features a large covered porch overlooking spectacular views of the lake with an outdoor gas grill, open wood burning grill and sink. This property offers first class amenities perfect for year-round entertaining.
Other amenities include a very nice metal building equipped with a walk-in deer cooler, electric deer hoist, stainless cleaning tables, room for ATV storage and more. This building could easily be built-out to accommodate more bedrooms for additional guest if desired. Tractors & farm equipment are stored under a large open-air metal building equipped with a concrete slab, power, water, and an enclosed shop for all farm tools.
Located in the fertile black belt region of Lowndes County this property is located in a neighborhood of other large landowners. The location is excellent with quick access to I-65 and only 15 miles to Greenville and 30 miles to Montgomery.
Fort Deposit Outfitters is being offered turn-key and includes a large list of farm equipment, shop tools, furniture, northern deer herd, fallow deer, 20 wagyu cattle, deer stands, & much more! Everything is ready for someone to close the gate behind them and enjoy! It would be impossible to duplicate everything this property has to offer for anywhere close to this price.
The Kohler & Associate’s
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Or want to discuss the market with the Leader in this niche?
Contact us to discuss one of our properties, for information on properties that are not yet released to the market or to discuss the market.