Perhaps the Perfect Hard Asset
Nearly a decade ago, we trademarked Social Storm™ Properties. A Social Storm™ Property is a property that exemplifies the self-sufficient, independent living that is the basis of freedoms that made this country great. They all share the features of an “A” ranked, high-quality recreational property, but with the additional benefits of wealth preservation, a financial hedge, and safe retreat in case any one of the things the Bible or government is warning us will happen… from Global Pandemics, Terrorist Attacks, Economic collapse, famines, riots, martial law, anything that threatens societal norms.
It is an asset that one owns where, in the case of a bad event, the entire family meets with no questions asked; in uncertain times, these properties are the perfect safe haven for your most precious asset, your family. In good times, they are a great investment and recreational property and place one would take their family and friends to make memories enjoying the outdoors. These unique properties have the benefits of two different asset classes; their high-quality recreational values increase in good times and in bad times their Social Storm™ attributes help increase value, in fact it is times like these that these properties are most valuable.
We recognized a key difference in most properties is that here, if the country’s stability decreases, the value and demand for Social Storm™ Properties increase. These properties have: fertile soils, great water, security, great recreation, sustainable resources, and raise hard assets such as timber, cattle, crops.
The nation’s top investors and business leaders have been adding properties in the plantation asset class to their portfolio for generations. What most people don’t know is they were also buying them for hard times as a safe retreat. Having represented many of them for nearly three decades, we have realized that there is a sub-asset class that is made of certain properties that are a natural hedge against both inflation and bad times. These are properties that investors gravitate to for safety in bad times and buy for a recreation reward in good times.
We have developed Social Storm™ Properties because we share similar views, are concerned about the same things ourselves and prioritize having such property. We also have a very strong Biblical worldview and recognize that there are many, many threats facing our world today. We began ranking and measuring these properties and found we could categorize them into an entirely separate asset class.
8 Attributes of a Social Storm™ Property:
- Land Quality – History of good land stewardship, typically maintained with prescribed fire, managed as plantation, high-quality recreational property or ranch
- Security – Offers Privacy, Personal Safety, Ability to store resources, protected with high-fencing, “end of the road” property
- Natural Resources – Quality water resources, fertile soils, good wildlife, self-sufficient, wells, and gardens
- Hard Assets – Ability to raise hard assets including Timber, Cattle, or Crops
- Location – Easily accessible by family or friends (within two gas Tanks from the Eastern Seaboard), surrounded by like-minded neighbors
- Family-Friendly – Year-round enjoyment, Exceptional recreational opportunities during good times and desired go to spot during social distancing
- Lodging – Established lodge, house, or location for temporary housing
- Operational – Ease of use, necessary equipment accessible, and Like-minded individuals and team already assembled, trusted, and able to assist where needed
As a combination of high-quality recreational properties, agricultural properties, as well as hard asset storage abilities, these properties are perhaps the perfect land investment. If times are better, they go up in value along with the recreational markets and they stay in demand like the agricultural markets. Or if times are worse, they go much higher in value along with gold and other safe haven investments. It’s for investors who don’t like to own paper, gold, or other paper commodities, but fun to own, perhaps the greatest lifestyle investment.
Who should be considering adding to portfolio:
- Those seeking wealth preservation,
- Those who believe in hedges/insurance,
- Those who care about conservation, nature and outdoor family recreation notably hunting
We simply ask our clients if any of the many catastrophic things the government is fearing may happen – where would they go? To their house in the Hamptons or beach house on the Gulf? How about their 500-acre farm in rural Southwest Georgia, Alabama, or South Carolina’s ACE Basin, in a plantation belt with lakes, game, timber, farmland, livestock and a back to earth 1950’s neighborhood? A place where the entire family has been before, perhaps holidays or hunting. A place where the manager is like family and can solve any problem. A place that is a simple drive within two gas tanks of the entire eastern seaboard.
Examples of Social Storm™ Properties
If you are simply looking for a high quality recreational property, why not choose one with the additional features such that it makes it a better and more liquid investment. Either way we are available to help. We offer very discrete and confidential analysis of any property whether we have it listed or not.