High Quality Recreational Property Located in the Red Hills Plantation Belt
- 368+/- acre high quality recreational property located in Jefferson County, FL
- Located in the Red Hills Plantation belt
- Surrounded by large landowners and bordered by Pickney Hill Plantation
- 4-acre Hay Pond (and multiple water holes)
- Small Pecan grove
- Planted dove field
- Moss Draped Oaks, rolling topography, Pasture, Pines
- Newly renovated
- Stone paved, full hookups for 2 oversized RVs
- Modernly appointed laundry facility & bath house
- Large covered 80x120 equipment barn
- Great Deer and Turkey
- Located 6 miles from shopping and dining in the charming town of Monticello, FL
- Just 30 minutes to Thomasville and 45 min to Tallahssee
Hay Pond is a 368+/- acre high quality recreational property located in Jefferson County, Florida in the Red Hills Plantation belt in a very nice area of plantations. The property is quite diverse, with gently rolling topography, moss-draped live oaks, large stands of timber, multiple watering holes, small pecan orchard, the four-acre namesake ‘Hay Pond,’ and more.
When pulling down the winding drive, one is immediately greeted with majestic live oaks sweeping the grounds. Tucked further down the drive, the more open oak-laden grounds are framed by pines, before opening to a small pecan orchard, a large planted dove field, open pastureland and a top-of-the-line glamp site.
The property is bordered and in the neighborhood by some of the Red Hills finest Plantations, including bordered by the 16,000-acre Pickney Hill Plantation. It has great deer and turkey and duck and dove.
A Grade-A glamp site sits tucked further back on the property, overlooking rolling pastureland and the x-acre Hay Pond. The site is newly constructed and features beautiful stone pavers, two oversized pads for two large RVs, 30-amp hookups, water hookups, sewer pump outs, a modernly appointed on-site laundry facility and bathhouse, and beautiful covered and open-air gathering spaces for lounging.
There are gravel roads throughout and several out-structures on the property including an expansive 80x120 covered pole barn for stowing equipment. Some of the outbuildings on the outer reaches of the property (mostly tucked out of sight), are in disrepair, and should either be taken to the studs, and made anew, or removed.
As for location, Hay Pond is ideal. Located 6 miles from shopping and dining in the charming town of Monticello, Florida and conveniently less than 15 miles to I-10, the property is easy to get to. It is only 45 minutes to the heart of Tallahassee and just 30 minutes to Thomasville, Georgia. This is a great recreational retreat with abundant potential for a new land steward to continue to make their own.
Maps & Location
- Six miles to downtown Monticello, FL
- Fifteen miles to I-10
- Thirty minutes to Thomasville, GA
- Forty-five minutes Tallahassee, FL
- Located in the Red Hills Plantation Belt