One of the Most Noted Gentleman's Farms in Jefferson County
- 212+/- acre high quality recreational property located in Jefferson County, FL
- Located in the Red Hills Plantation belt
- Surrounded by large landowners and bordered by the 16,000 acre Pickney Hill Plantation
- 28-acre hay pond, 4.5-acre fish pond and 18-acre floodable duck pond (duck pond needs repair)
- 6.5-acre Pecan grove
- 13-acre dove field
- Moss Draped Oaks, rolling topography, Pasture, Pines
- Newly renovated
- Stone paved, full hookups for 2 oversized RVs
- Modernly appointed laundry facility & bath house
- Large covered 80x120 equipment barn
- Great deer, turkey, duck and dove
- Located 6 miles from shopping and dining in the charming town of Monticello, FL
- Just 30 minutes to Thomasville and 45 min to Tallahssee
Hay Pond, one of the most noted gentleman's farms in Jefferson County, Florida, is a 212+/- acre high quality recreational property located in the Red Hills Plantation belt in a very nice area of plantations. From the 28-acre lake, duck ponds, pecan grove, dove field, quail woods and gorgeous live oaks, this is as "park-like" and wildlife friendly as it gets. The game flow couldn't be better with one of the south's most iconic quail plantations surrounding three sides. The property is quite diverse, with gently rolling topography, moss-draped oaks, large stands of timber, multiple ponds, a pecan orchard, the 28-acre namesake "Hay Pond", and more.
When pulling down the winding drive, one is immediately greeted with majestic live oaks sweeping the grounds. Tucked further down the drive, the more open oak-laden grounds are framed by pines, before opening to a small pecan orchard, a large planted dove field, open pastureland and a top-of-the-line glamp site.
The property is bordered and in the neighborhood by some of the Red Hills finest Plantations, including bordered by the 16,000-acre Pickney Hill Plantation. It has great deer, turkey, duck and dove.
A Grade-A glamp site sits tucked further back on the property, overlooking rolling pastureland and the 28-acre Hay Pond. The site is newly constructed and features beautiful stone pavers, two oversized pads for two large RVs, 30-amp hookups, water hookups, sewer pump outs, a modernly appointed on-site laundry facility and bathhouse, and beautiful covered and open-air gathering spaces for lounging.
There are gravel roads throughout and several out-structures on the property including an expansive 80x120 covered pole barn for stowing equipment. Some of the outbuildings on the outer reaches of the property (mostly tucked out of sight), are in disrepair, and should either be taken to the studs, and made anew, or removed.
When it comes to Social Storm™ Properties Attributes Hay Pond is at the top of the list. The Social Storm™ Properties score here is exceptionally good, providing this property with additional investment benefits whereby it will increase in value in good times and in bad times, stands as a perfect hedge. The wealth and appreciation of the merchantable timber stored here is safer than in any bank, the freedom / independence this property offers is sadly foreign to most Americans today, there is water everywhere and the crime here is almost non-existent. A smart person once defined wealth as the ability to help others in times of sickness or need. To be able to offer friends and family a place like this to spend the next pandemic or worse is the definition of true wealth.
As for location, Hay Pond is ideal. Located 6 miles from shopping and dining in the charming town of Monticello, Florida and conveniently less than 15 miles to I-10, the property is easy to get to. It is only 45 minutes to the heart of Tallahassee and just 30 minutes to Thomasville, Georgia. This is a great recreational retreat with abundant potential for a new land steward to continue to make their own.
Maps & Location
- Six miles to downtown Monticello, FL
- Fifteen miles to I-10
- Thirty minutes to Thomasville, GA
- Forty-five minutes Tallahassee, FL
- Located in the Red Hills Plantation Belt