Owl and Moon Venue
Brooks County, Georgia⁞75± ACRES
One of South Georgia's Premiere Event Venues, Located Just 20 Minutes from Thomasville, Georgia. The Ideal Self Sustaining Social Storm Property, Live on the Land in Peace With Multiple Income Stream Potential.
- 75 +/- Acre Turnkey Event Venue Located Only 20 Minutes from Thomasville in the Heart of Dixie, Georgia, Within Brooks County
- 13 Acres of Manicured Venue Grounds with 10.5 Acres of 25-Year-Old Planted Slash Pines; 2 Large Gravel Parking Lots for Guests Parking
- Additional 43 Acre Contiguous Parcel of Slash Planted Pines Ready for Thinning; Potential to Use Income Generated From Thinning To Develop On-Site Accommodations For Event Guests
- 8.5 +/- Acre Stocked Deep Pond with Lighted Fountain
- 4 Separate Dedicated Wedding Ceremony Spots; Lakeside Open Air Wedding Chapel, Lakefront Grassed Area with Columns & Sun Setting Through the Georgia Pines as a Backdrop, Altar in the Pines Lakeside Complete with Pine Benches Made From Timber Cultivated on the Property & Jasmine Arbor Accented With the Perfect Lighting
- The Ideal Social Storm Property - Sustainable with Plenty of Room for An On-Site Garden, Fruit Trees, Fresh Fish From the Stocked Pond, Abundant Wildlife in the Surrounding Pines With A Private Remote Location
- Main Event Venue Building, 2556 Square Feet - 4 Existing RV Hookups, 2 Fully Refurbished Airstreams
- Bridal Suite, Grooms Den Complete with 2 Showers, Locker Room Style Dugout, Big Screen TV's Inside and Outside Overlooking Pond, Game Room, Hot tub on Deck, Ping Pong Table, Poker Table, Grills, Foosball, 2 Kayaks, Beach Area with Stand-Up Paddle Boards, Canoe & Fishing Poles
- A Natural High Quality Recreational Property Complete with Wild Quail, Turkey, Deer and a Stocked Bass Pond with the Ability to Generate Income Using the Existing Venue!
- Build Your Dream Home on the Pristine Waters of the Stocked Pond and Spend Your Evenings Watching the Sun Set Thru the South Georgia Pines
- The Perfect Venue for a Weeknight Destination Dinner Site with Areas for Live Music Set-Up
- A + Location - 20 Minutes from Thomasville, Georgia, 25 Minutes from Monticello, Florida , 25 Minutes from Valdosta, Georgia, One Hour from Tifton, Georgia, 10 Minutes from Airport in Thomasville, Ga
Limitless Income Potential Through Event Space Rental With An Additional 43 Acres of 25-Year-Old Planted Pines; A Perfect Area For Building Venue Accommodations For Guest Or Your Forever Dream Home Overlooking the Tranquil Waters of the Stocked Pond.
The Owl and Moon is a 75 +/- Acre Event Venue surrounded by 54 acres of 25 year old slash pines; 13 acres of immaculately manicured venue buildings & grounds with an 8.5 acre stocked pond as a focal point. This peaceful secluded space has unlimited potential and the ability to create various income streams. The existing facilities are designed to accommodate any kind of large group gathering or events both inside and out. The main building overlooks a tranquil 8.5 acre stocked fish pond that is the perfect back drop to frame the sun setting thru the beautiful south Georgia pines each evening. It is a little slice of heaven on earth ... on any given morning you can hear the faint call of the bob white quail and these beautiful pines are home to endless turkey and deer.
Currently run as a turnkey event venue with onsite accommodations for manager or owner, Owl and Moon has a solid book of business with an online booking website and logo that convey with the purchase. Upon entering the property gates, you will pass the check-in point which is the residence of the current owners. They have totally personalized a 40 ft Destination Travel Trailer complete with privacy fences and wooden tin covered decks surrounding the space; an open air outdoor shower and soaking tub to ensure you can enjoy a relaxing bath with total privacy. There is a greenhouse with raised planter beds, an extra-large propane tank, and covered hammock located within this little oasis of a living space.
Adjacent to the living space is the storage area for venue props and supplies to ensure this space is turnkey. The owners have built a large privacy fence around immaculately organized shipping containers that each have Schlage deadbolt smart locks on all areas. These storage areas house every imaginable wedding decoration, prop, tools, tables, white resin chairs, benches, linens, florals and all lawn equipment used to maintain the venue. There is also a 500 Square Foot Storage Barn to store lawn equipment. Included in the sale are Hydogear, Bad Boy Mower with Zero Turn with Accessories, Bad Boy Push Mower, Weed Whacker, Edger, Leaf Blower, Electric Push Mower, Gas Cans and Extra Bags of Wildflowers which are planted throughout the venue space. Also included, a Polaris UTV that makes navigating the entire property very easy. A special covered building houses the 1988 Red VW Photo Booth Van, the Polaris and Mower. There is an office on site which is attached to the living space to easily run all business operations remotely. To ensure great wifi connections, the owners added 2 Starlink satellites and internet extenders throughout the property so everywhere has great wifi. For safety as well as giving the Owl and Moon a magical ambience at night, the entire property is lighted with twinkle lights and solar street lamps which can all be operated from the convenience of your cell phone.
Main Venue Building 2556 Square Feet - Years were spent foraging for the reclaimed Curly Pine, Birdseye Cypress and Juniper Wood displayed in architectural perfection throughout Owl and Moon. The copper and rough edged cypress bar tops, murals, tile mosaics, corrugated tin and breath taking views of the sun setting thru the South Georgia Pines on the lake out back creates the perfect harmony one feels in their soul when entering Owl and Moon Venue. Step out back and take in the serene setting created by the 1188 Square Foot Owl Dance Floor, surrounded by a 963 Square Foot Covered Cabana Area, 320 Square Foot Band Stage and 960 Square Foot Raised Owl's Perch Pavilion/Pergola, the perfect place to seat the wedding party during the reception. There are two large Gas Burning Brick Torches that light up the pergola area in the evenings and give off a warm glow which showcases the Brick Paver and Stone Water Fountain in the courtyard area. The Courtyard Area is 2808 Square Feet and is ample space for setting up guest tables and seating and there is plenty of room on the grass area to set up additional teepee tents should there be a need. There are both mens and women's bathroom/dressing areas with a 344 Square Foot Dedicated Bridal Suite newly painted with plans to remodel and extend an additional space for the brides. There is a dedicated photo booth room located in the building that houses restroom facilities and the owners purchased a Red 1988 VW Bus which is built out as a photo booth. The seats have been removed but also convey with purchase should a new owner decide to resell the bus. An 132 Square Foot Screened In Cook Shed which is a great space to handle all of the florals as well. In 2022, all improvements were reinforced structurally, repainted, decks repainted, electrical updated, new AC System installed in the Main Venue building with business grade fire extinguishers, working smoke detectors and exit signs to ensure the property is up to code. In the coming months the cook shed, which currently has a chest freezer and 8 patio heaters with covers, will be enlarged to be a large outdoor kitchen area with kitchen cabinets, new stove, and refrigerator. This new cook shed will create the perfect space for prepping food and catering activities.
There are 4 different dedicated outdoor ceremony spaces located on property. An 880 Square Ft Open Air Outdoor Wedding Chapel with a Tin Roof and 20 pine wood benches all lighted by lanterns for wedding guest to enjoy the ceremony with views of the lake as a backdrop. A large green grassy area overlooking the lake and large lighted fountain with steps up to the wedding columns and the Georgia pines as a backdrop. The sunsets are simply spectacular as portrayed in the main website photo! A third "Altar in the Pines" with sliding barn doors as an entry and pine wood benches lighted with lanterns overlooking the lake. The last outdoor option is the jasmine covered arbor with chandeliers and lighting to add a whimsical enchanted feel.
There are two fully refurbished Airstream Travel Trailers on property. One 1971 Avion Voyaguer outfitted to serve as the "Grooms Den." It includes a premium queen size Murphy bed, 6 locker room style dug out cubbies for storing Tuxes and clothing items, 2 showers, 2 big screen TV's, outdoor covered deck overlooking the lake with a covered hot tub, ping pong table, foozball, poker table, grill, fish cleaning station, kayaks, paddle boards, a canoe, fishing poles and a gorgeous white sandy beach with umbrellas and chairs to enjoy the gorgeous sunsets each evening. Many grooms ask to come back for "Boys' Weekends" after wedding festivities are over. Located near the "Altar in the Pines" is a dedicated accommodations area with a fully refurbished 1987 Airstream Sovereign- Tin Lizzy. There is a pole barn with a laundry room and the perfect space to install an additional restroom facility for guests.
Owl and Moon Venue would make an incredible destination weeknight "Farm to Table Local Dinner Experience" with an existing area to feature live bands and local musical talents. It is set up to easily accommodate a remote date night destination dinner experience that serves local grown food to those who prefer a fine dining experience. If you are a chef or a "foodie" at heart, this space would allow you to feature your talents a few nights a week by creating special menus nightly that inviting your guest to expand the horizons of their palettes! The current owners have planted 20 fruit trees which will produce in 2024 giving you the option to provide fresh fruit grown on property. It affords an ambience to have outdoor bars set up to enjoy the views of the lake and sunsets while serving appetizers to guest as they relax and enjoy the sounds of the outdoor waterfall with the faint sounds of the birds chirping to signal the closing of another beautiful day in South Georgia.
There is plenty of room for an on-site garden, the option of fresh fish from the stocked pond, abundant wildlife in the surrounding pines and fresh fruit from the trees on site all provided in a private remote location. If your desire is to move to a less congested area and slow your pace of your life down a bit, the perfect spot awaits for you to build your dream home onsite and spend your evenings rocking on the porch, sitting by the fire pit while watching the sunset thru the majestic South Georgia Pines that frame the tranquil waters
Just beyond the Courtyard Area is a Gorgeous 8.5 Acre Stocked Pond with a large Lighted Fountain that compliments the views from the Event Venue. The pond is framed by 25-year-old South Georgia Pines and literally comes to life as the sun sets thru them in the evenings. The area across the pond is the perfect area to build small cabins for onsite accommodations of wedding guest or event attendees. The atmosphere is simply tranquil and the possibilities are endless. It is a true representation of the Southern Outdoors!
Owl and Moon has an A+ location one hour from Tifton, 25 minutes from Valdosta, 25 minutes from Monticello, 20 minutes from Thomasville and just 15 minutes from the Private Airport in Thomasville Ga.
* If you happen to see this listing and are interested in booking an event ... Owl and Moon is fully operational and Kevin and Jodi have agreed to consult after the sale to help make a smooth transition for the new owners. Wedding season is in full swing with multiple events booked for 2023. Although they have truly enjoyed their time growing and improving Owl and Moon; the time has come for them to pass the torch on to a new land steward who will step in and continue to create magical moments for families as they come here to celebrate special occasions.
For Booking Info Click https://www.owlandmooneventvenue.com/
The Kohler & Associate’s
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Or want to discuss the market with the Leader in this niche?
Contact us to discuss one of our properties, for information on properties that are not yet released to the market or to discuss the market.