Owl and Moon Wedding and Event Venue
One of South Georgia's Premiere Wedding Event Venues Located Only 20 Minutes from Thomasville, Georgia.
- 80+/- Acre Wedding and Event Venue Located Only 20 Minutes from Thomasville in the Heart of Dixie, Georgia
- 65 Acres of 20 Year Old Slash Pines
- 15 Acres of Manicured Venue Grounds
- 8.5 +/- Acre Stocked Deep Pond
- Located Just 20 Minutes from Downtown Thomasville, Georgia
- Main Event Venue Building, 2556 Square Feet
- A + Location
- One hour from Tifton, Georgia
- 25 Minutes from Valdosta, Georiga
- 25 Minutes from Monticello, Florida
- 20 Minutes from Thomasville, Georgia
- 15 Minutes from Airport in Thomasville, Ga
The Owl and Moon is an 80 +/- Acre Wedding and Event Venue with 65 acres of 20 year old slash pines and 15 acres of immaculately manicured buildings and grounds where the events are held. It is a little slice of heaven on earth ... on any given morning you can hear the faint call of the bob white quail and the beautiful pines are home to endless turkey and deer.
It’s only fitting that this special place which creates lifetime memories for so many has a personal story of its own. Owl and Moon Event Venue was a personal vision made possible thru a true labor of love by current owners John and Abigail Sowell. With a desire to create something special on land that holds a special place in their hearts ... they embarked on a vision for this unique entertainment facility. They wanted to create a space that captured the true essence of southern living with textures and design that represented Abigail's cherished memories of her youth. In the main dining area you will find a beautiful mural of Pope's Pond, a huge cypress pond that was in Abigal's backyard and served as a childhood haven. She spent many afternoons fishing this pond with her daddy. There are so many personal special touches throughout this venue that give it a warm Shabby Chic Southern feel. In fact, Abigail has a hard time talking about this place without smiling and her face lighting up. She and John have put endless hours into making this place a turnkey show piece to host all kinds of events and parties.
The 2556 square foot main house is fully furnished and includes a foyer, big room, banquet area, commercial kitchen and back porch area all tastefully designed to create the perfect space to celebrate any important event. Years were spent foraging for the reclaimed Curly Pine, Birdseye Cypress and Juniper Wood displayed in architectural perfection throughout Owl and Moon. The copper and rough edged cypress bar tops, murals, tile mosaics, corrugated tin and breath taking views of the sun setting thru the South Georgia Pines on the lake out back creates the perfect harmony one feels in their soul when entering Owl and Moon Venue. Step out back and take in the serene setting created by the 1188 Square Foot Owl Dance Floor, surrounded by a 963 Square Foot Covered Cabana Area, 320 Square Foot Band Stage and 960 Square Foot Raised Owl's Perch Pavilion/Pergola, the perfect place to seat the wedding party during the reception. There are two large Gas Burning Brick Torches that light up the pergola area in the evenings and give off a warm glow which showcases the Brick Paver and Stone Water Fountain in the courtyard area. The Courtyard Area is 2808 Square Feet and is ample space for setting up guest tables and seating. There are both mens and women's bathroom/dressing areas with a 344 Square Foot Dedicated Bridal Suite as well. An 132 Square Foot Screened In Cook Shed Area Doubles as a cook shed and a great place to handle all of the florals. There is also a 500 Square Foot Storage Barn to store all tables, chairs and wedding props.
Just beyond the Courtyard Area is a Gorgeous 8.5 Acre Stocked Pond that compliments the views from the event venue. A picture perfect spot to set up the Outdoor Altar Area and Columns for any wedding ceremony. The pond is framed by 20 year old South Georgia Pines and literally comes to life as the sun sets thru them in the evenings. Across the pond there is a perfect spot to build your dream home overlooking the water or it could also be a great area to build small cabins for onsite accommodations of wedding guest. The atmosphere is simply tranquil and the possibilities are endless. It is a true representation of the Southern Outdoors!
Owl and Moon has an A+ location one hour from Tifton, 25 minutes from Valdosta, 25 minutes from Monticello, 20 minutes from Thomasville and just 15 minutes from the Private Airport in Thomasville Ga.
* If you happen to see this listing and are interested in booking an event ... Owl and Moon is fully operational and Abby has agreed to stay on after the sale to help make a smooth transition for the new owners. Abigail and John have enjoyed their journey of seeing Owl and Moon come to life and cherish this tranquil space they have created. The time has come for them pass the torch on to a new land steward who will step in and continue to create magical moments for families as they come here to celebrate special occasions.
For Booking Info Click https://www.owlandmooneventvenue.com/