Baldwin County, Alabama⁞4300± ACRES
Historic 4,300 Acre Legacy Property with World Class Hunting & Fishing, Managed Timberlands, & Highly Desirable Social Storm Attributes!
- 4,300+/- acres Historic Recreational Hunting Property in Baldwin County, AL
- Largest Recreational Hunting Property on the Market in the State of Alabama
- Premier Location within 40 minutes to Mobile, 1 hour to Pensacola, 3 hours to New Orleans
- Incredibly Game Rich Property with a Rare Combination of Pristine Bottomland Hardwoods & Diverse Pine Uplands
- Breathtaking 1700+/- acres of Bottomland Hardwoods & 2600+/- acres of diverse Pine Uplands
- Abundant Water with Frontage on the Alabama River, Majors Creek, Oxbow Lakes, & manmade pond
- Above Average Timber Value on a High Quality Recreational Property
- Excellent Deer & Turkey, Duck & Dove, Squirrel, & Potential for Quail
- Great Timber Income Potential with Nearly Every Acre Productively Growing Timber
- 3 Bedroom Lodge with Commercial Kitchen on county water and utility power
- Bath house with multiple showers
- Outdoor Pavilion with Fireplace
- Walk in deer cooler & indoor game cleaning room
- Extensive road networks
- Large destination food plots & Shooting blinds
- High & Low House Skeet Range
- Rifle Range
- Fishing pond with covered dock
- Extremely private with a 1 mile long drive entering the property
- There is Currently no Conservation Easement on the Property
- Ideal for a Corporate Retreat, Legacy Asset, or Social Storm Property
- Located near the Community of Tensaw
- Short 40 minute drive to Mobile with Airstrip & Jetfuel
Fort Pierce is one of most game-rich properties you will find in Alabama! For those with an affinity for the outdoors and exceptional hunting and fishing, Fort Pierce checks every box for every season.
A legacy can live on in memories, stories, and photos, but it’s the land that can truly provide a tangible example of those that came before us. Fort Pierce as it exists today is one of the best large legacy properties in the Southeast. At 4,300 acres, this is the largest recreational hunting property on the market in the State of Alabama. It boasts incredible diversity, fertile soils, miles of river frontage, flowing creeks, pristine bottomland hardwoods, diverse pine timber, and unmatched wildlife.
The history here goes beyond the current family, named for a small stockade built by the Pierce brothers in the 1700’s. It was a settler’s fort on the Alabama River that was abandoned after the Massacre at Fort Mims during the Creek Indian War. Fort Pierce was home to a sawmill, mercantile, and Alabama’s very first public school.
While the history here is fascinating, the modern-day Fort Pierce is equally as interesting. Fort Pierce was previously owned by Scott Paper Company and used as a corporate treat. Fort Pierce was referred to as a ‘playground’ to one of Scott Paper Companies long time employees, Tom Kelly. Spending most of his work life in the woods as a forester, Mr. Kelly is best known for telling stories about turkey hunting and his book, “Tenth Legion”. He is a legend in the turkey hunting world and was said to be very fond of Fort Pierce and the mornings he spent chasing turkeys here. It’s said that turkeys were never over hunted at Fort Pierce, self-imposing strict limits on the number of turkeys harvested to improve turkey populations. Decades later, its not uncommon to hear 10-12 gobbling turkeys on a good morning.
The diversity here is a rare find when you consider everything this legacy property has to offer. Over 1700+/- acres of pristine hardwood bottoms that transition into 2600+/- acres of highly productive uplands. To have sizable acreage of both bottomlands and uplands is not only rare but a tremendous advantage for managing wildlife and habitat.
The stands of pine timber are diverse, ranging between young pre-merch stands to old mature stands creating sustainable current and future income for years to come. The hardwood bottoms are simply breathtaking with cypress and tupelo filled oxbow lakes, miles of frontage along the Alabama River and tributaries, established food plots to help supplement the large numbers of mast producing trees, a concrete boat ramp, and an extensive road network. It’s truly an outdoorsman’s playground, with year around hunting & fishing opportunities that are second to none. The deer, turkey, and duck hunting is excellent with low hunting pressure and strict deer management. It’s not uncommon to either see or harvest a 125-135” deer with the largest being in the 150” class range.
The fishing in the oxbow lakes and pond can be excellent with unlimited fishing & boating opportunities up and down the Alabama & Tombigbee Rivers.
Fort Pierce is in the highly desirable area of North Baldwin County near the community of Tensaw. The property sits just 7 river miles north of confluence of the Alabama and Tombigbee River and approximately 40 miles north of Mobile Bay. The property is easily accessible just 14 miles north from Interstate 65 with road frontage along CR 59. A well-maintained gravel road leads you into the property for 1 mile where you find a 3-bedroom lodge, pavilion with a fireplace, and a separate bath house. Other improvements include a walk-in cooler and game cleaning station, tractor shed, miles of internal roads, stands, feeders, and more.
Fort Pierce and its Social Storm Property Attributes are Highly Ranked. This Social Storm property belongs to a unique asset class with key property attributes that investors gravitate to for safety in bad times and buy for a recreation reward in good times.
For those with an affinity for the outdoors and exceptional hunting and fishing, Fort Pierce checks every box for every season. As a sustainable investment, a hard asset hedge, and a Social Storm Property, Fort Pierce is unmatched. Truly a legacy property & undoubtedly an opportunity of a lifetime.
The Kohler & Associate’s
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Or want to discuss the market with the Leader in this niche?
Contact us to discuss one of our properties, for information on properties that are not yet released to the market or to discuss the market.