Bullock County, Alabama⁞5060± ACRES
Largest Wild Quail Plantation Available on the Market in the Southeast
- 5,060± acre Wild Quail Plantation in Bullock County, AL
- Largest Wild Quail Plantation on the Market in Southeast
- Legacy Property - First time on Market in 65 Years
- Well Above the Average Amount of Timber for a Shooting Plantation
- 6 Established Quail Courses
- 2,464 sq. ft. Beautifully Designed Main House
- 3 BR, 3 BA
- Extremely well utilized spaces
- Designed and Built using the finest materials
- Built in 2007, minimal deferred maintenance
- 6.4 Acre pond adjacent
- Guest Cabin - 3 BR, 5 BA
- Horse Barn, Tack Room, and Horse facilities
- Dog Kennel plus additional fenced dog runs
- Covered Pole Barn for Equipment Storage
- Breathtaking Mature Natural Pine Stands
- Wild Quail, Excellent Deer & Turkey, Duck & Dove
- Established Food Plots and Shooting Blinds
- Great Timber Income Potential
- Walter Rosene Designed Brood Patches
- Unmatched quail habitat
- Multiple Flowing Creeks
- Longleaf pine planted throughout in collaboration with Longleaf Alliance
- Multiple Ponds throughout Property plus well water distributed
- Two large ponds totaling 7 acres could easily be converted to floodable duckponds
- A rare abundance of pristine and beautiful hardwoods stands and drains
- Very Good Soils - over 27 different soil types - Typically of what one would find in the Red Hills or Albany
- Incredible draws and Rolling Topography
- Excellent Ecotones between Hardwood bottoms and Pine Upland
- Majority of Property located in Federally Designated Opportunity Zone
- There is Currently no Conservation Easement on the Property
- Gopher Tortoise Relocation Site
- 6.5± miles of paved road frontage
- Located in Midway, AL
- Short Drive to Airstrip in Union Springs, plus jet strip with refueling capabilities in Eufaula 45 minutes from property
At $2,500 per acre this is undoubtedly one of the best large land investments on the market today.
A legacy can live on in photos, stories and memories, but it’s land that can truly provide a tangible example of those before us. Three Notch Plantation as it exists today is one of the finest legacy properties in the Union Springs Plantation Belt. At 5,060± acres, this is the largest wild quail plantation on the market today in the Southeast. It boasts rolling topography, multiple ponds, flowing creeks, very good soils, pristine hardwoods, great timber, and unmatched quail habitat. This is a rare opportunity on a wild quail plantation of this size.
And as the name infers, the history here goes beyond the family, named for trail markings on Andrew Jackson’s march to New Orleans. While the history here is fascinating, the modern day Three Notch is absolutely breathtaking. Slow rolling hills and mature pine timber dominate the landscape. The hardwood draws and edges remain intact, as recommended by the the renowned quail biologist, Mr. Walter Rosene, almost six decades ago. Nearly 50 miles of roads complement the bends and hills of the terrain, making it extremely easy to access every portion of the property.
Maintained with prescribed fire and a simple approach, the habitat quality and diversity here is second-to-none. The byproduct is world class hunting opportunities including wild quail, trophy whitetail, wild turkeys, and the occasion flight of woodcock. Established food plots help supplement the large numbers of mast producing trees. Additionally, the current hunting group strictly adheres to Quality Deer Management practices which leads the trophy deer.
Three Notch’s Quail management plan centers around the formula producing the most amount of birds per acre for the lowest amount spent. The habitat in parts can almost be described as textbook and the numbers show. Strategic brood plots are scattered all across the property near the maintained feed line. Limiting the number of hunt days as well as rotating courses help maintain Three Notch’s high bird count.
The city of Union Springs, known as the Bird Dog Field Trial Capital of the World, welcomes hundreds of tourists during the field trial season. Three Notch has been the site of several field trials for the bygone landowners association. Three Notch’s own “Sis”, an Irish Setter, won first place at the Alabama Shooting Dog Invitational. Near the main barn are multiple dog runs along with a smaller 5-run kennel. Between the pointers and setters, the history of quality dogs contributes to the legacy of Three Notch.
The plantation working headquarters features a horse barn, tack room, pole-barn for equipment, grain bin, haybarn, and additional storage barn. The managers house is adjacent to headquarters.
The main house sits lakeside in the center of the property. Built in 2007, this 2,464 square foot, three bedroom and three bath, private retreat is beautifully designed and complimentary of the property. The expansive main living space is accentuated by large windows providing great natural light. Every square inch of the house was designed with a purpose which greatly increases its functionality. Significant engineering was done to remove unsightly structural beams and supports. Hallways serve double duty as an office as well as a wet-bar. The main suite plus additional bedrooms are perfect for a family. Additional hunters and guests can find relaxation at the three bedroom, five bath guest cabin near the main grade.
A Social Storm® Ranked Property: Three Notch and it's Social Storm® Property Attributes are Highly Ranked. This Social Storm® property belongs to a unique asset class with key property attributes that investors gravitate to for safety in bad times and buy for a recreation reward in good times.
Why choose a Social Storm® Property?
Three Notch is one of the dominant properties in the Union Springs Plantation Belt of approximately 70 plantations. The quaint town of Union Springs is located just 14 miles away. There are multiple jet strips within 45 minutes of the property with Eufaula being the exclusive strip with refueling capabilities. Montgomery, the Capital of Alabama, is approximately an hour west and Columbus, Georgia about the same headed east.
Capitalize on this rare opportunity on a wild quail plantation of this size in the Southeast.
The Kohler & Associate’s
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Or want to discuss the market with the Leader in this niche?
Contact us to discuss one of our properties, for information on properties that are not yet released to the market or to discuss the market.