Working Lands Investment Property with Higher and Better Use Potential
Creek Ridge is 230 +/- acres in Calhoun County, Fla. There are multiple asset classes in this one property. Located just west of Blountstown, Florida, the property is approximately one hour from Tallahassee, Florida, 65 miles to Dothan, Alabama, and 47 miles to Panama City, Florida. At $1,675 per acre in Florida and with this proximity to these regional hubs, it's hard to go wrong.
The property fits our description of Florida "Working Lands" which means it's priced right for wealth accumulation "over and above" Florida's appreciation cycles as it grows a needed commodity, timber.
There is a half mile of road frontage. There is no current conservation easement so the development potential can still be monetized. The current landowner has platted future home sites of six ranchettes ranging from 10-12.10 acres and one with 178.58 acres. Having the property already platted, enhances the conservation easement value significantly, adding to ROI potential with significant income tax savings. The platted lots do not impact the option for Ag exemption, but do increase the number of options available to manage the property over time. One hundred percent of this tract is in an opportunity zone, meaning another option for increasing future ROI.
We believe with the right guidance and a small bit of capital, Creek Ridge is a prime investment property for the right buyer. At Jon Kohler & Associates, we've been guiding landowners with their land investments for over 30 years. We have the knowledge, experience and connections to help the next buyer make the most out of Creek Ridge.
While putting in play the multiple options for future returns, Creek Ridge can offer you and your family outdoor recreation immediately. The deer and turkey hunting at Creek Ridge are very good as the property is surrounded by like-minded landowners with agriculture and timber.
Essentially, Creek Ridge represents "five asset classes in one:"
- A “higher and better use” property. The current landowner has platted future home sites of six ranchettes ranging from 10-12.10 acres and one with 178.58 acres.
- A timber property
- A recreational property
- A conservation easement play. Given the preplanned ranchette community, this property will appraise well from a development perspective. The development value here is well situated to be monetized through a donation conservation easement providing immediate income tax savings - cutting taxable income by half and spread out up to 16 years.
- A Social Storm Property ™ the type of property one would want to own in either bad times or good. It has vast natural resources and multiple income streams. It’s perhaps the perfect hedge.
***For the site plan for the ranchette community concept, please see the maps section of this website.
NOTE, there is an opportunity to purchase the 69.06-acre "Timber Hill" tract or the 1,000 acre “Durham Woods” tract.
Maps & Location
- 3 miles to Blountstown, FL
- 1 hr 6 min to Florida's capital city
- 27 miles to Marianna, FL
- 47 miles to Panama City, FL
- 65 miles to Dothan, AL