Baldwin County, Alabama⁞836± ACRES
Exceptional Hunting & Recreational Property in Baldwin County's most Desirable Location for Sportsmen!
- 836+/- Acre High Quality Recreational Property, Baldwin County, AL, Located 45 miles from Mobile and 20 miles from I65 at Stockton
- A+ Location within 1.5 hours to Pensacola, Fairhope, Orange Beach and Mobile
- Highly Desirable Neighborhood with Large Surrounding Landowners
- Well Above the Average Amount of Timber for a Recreational Property
- Over a Dozen Greenfields with many Redneck Shooting Houses
- Excellent habitat for Turkey, Quail, & Deer
- Frontage on Dunn Lake & Holley Creek
- Over 100 Acres of Exceptional Cypress Timber
- Excellent Ecotones between Hardwood Bottoms and Pine Uplands
- Majority of the Property consist of Breathtaking Pine Timber
- Just over 1 mile to the Alabama River
- Quaint 1 BR/1BA Cabin with heart pine floors
- Large Metal Equipment Barn (open), 3 Bay Equipment Barn with Concrete Floor (enclosed), Smoke House, and other Storage Sheds
- Turn-key with Equipment, Implements, Furnishings, Stands, & more
Offered Turnkey with a Great Cabin & Equipment, Fishing on Dunn Lake, Mature Timber, Large Greenfields, Exceptional Wildlife, Redneck blinds, & more!
Gin Mill is 836+/- acre highly managed recreational property and sits on high ground overlooking the bottomlands of the Alabama River basin. Located in Baldwin County, Alabama in between the communities of Tensaw and Blacksher, this area is an extremely desirable location for recreational buyers due to the quality of land here & its proximity to the gulf coast. Less than 1 hour from Mobile, under 1:20 minutes from Fairhope & Pensacola, Gin Mill will provide convenient access to friends and family throughout the year.
Gin Mill is simply a beautiful piece of property and a testament to committed and intentional land stewards. The management goals and objectives have been all about wildlife and recreational enjoyment. The northern boundary runs along Dunn Lake for approximately 1400’ providing access to excellent fishing, wintering ducks, and beautiful views. Holley Creek flows from Dunn Lake and is the western boundary for approximately 3200’. The properties high elevation along the edge of the Alabama River basin is one of its most unique and important features, with no threat from a high river. However, when surrounding land does flood from high rivers, Gin Mill becomes some of the nearest high ground available to wildlife and that can be something to behold.
The hunting, fishing, and recreational enjoyment to be had at Gin Mill is truly excellent. The property is loaded with deer and turkey and even some wild quail. The existing habitat is great for quail and one could easily incorporate a few half day quail courses. An extensive road network provides access from the front of the property all the way to the back. There are over a dozen food plots total, several large food plots with redneck blinds scattered throughout. The views from these redneck blinds of lush green fields with old growth pine timber in the background is breathtaking. The pine timber here is very impressive, with mature stands making up most of the property. The balance of timber is mature hardwood in the bottoms and bordering Holley Creek. As the elevation drops off, a beautiful stand of mature cypress runs all the way to the northern boundary line. The potential current and future timber income here is substantial and will provide a great store of wealth for the new steward of Gin Mill.
A small but quaint 1 bedroom cabin sits on a hill overlooking old growth cypress that leads to Dunn Lake. A nice field off the front of the cabin is regularly planted keeping deer and turkeys in the front yard daily. Other improvements include an enclosed metal equipment shed with concrete floor and 2 roll up doors, a large open equipment shed, cooking shed, & other extra storage sheds.
Properties that have been managed & cared for like Gin Mill are rare. Properties like Gin Mill in this area of Baldwin County are extremely rare.
Convenient location, great neighborhood, peaceful private setting, excellent timber, excellent hunting & fishing, turnkey and ready to enjoy!
For more information, please give me a call. 334-652-4517
The Kohler & Associate’s
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Or want to discuss the market with the Leader in this niche?
Contact us to discuss one of our properties, for information on properties that are not yet released to the market or to discuss the market.