Ocmulgee Creek Farm
Dallas County, Alabama⁞450± ACRES
A Generational Family Estate in the Heart of the Alabama Blackbelt! Where History, Luxury and Land Stewardship Converge.
- 450+/- Acre Generational Family Estate in the Heart of the Alabama Blackbelt
- Premier Location within 1.5 hours of Birmingham, 1 hour to Tuscaloosa, 3 hours to Mobile
- Diverse habitat with 91 acres of Pecan Orchards, 98 acres of Pine Hardwood, 126 acres of Hardwood along the creek, and 98 acres of pasture.
- Improved pasture for cattle including irrigation, fencing, cattle gaps, & more
- Beautiful & diverse land with abundant water resources
- Neary 2 miles of frontage along Ocmulgee Creek & 1.2 miles on Mitchell Creek
- 3 deep wells & 2 active artesian wells
- 1 acre stocked pond with bass and bream
- Exceptional hunting for Deer, Turkey, Dove, and easily capable of managing habitat for quail
- 9810+/- SF modern plantation style primary residence, built in 2001, and sits on a knoll overlooking the farm.
- Custom wood finishes throughout such as western red cedar, Brazilian Ipe, Heart Cypress, Heart pine recovered from old warehouse beams & river recovered sunken logs.
- 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 2 half baths, Library, Study, Sunroom, Art Studio, Dark Room, 2 car garage, fire suppression system, mature landscaping, & fenced gardens.
- Over ¾ mile private drive into the property leading to the primary residence
- (2) Horse barns with paddocks, office, & bathroom
- Manager's house, (2) guest/tenant houses
- 9,000+/- SF Farm Shop, partially enclosed & conditioned
- 10,000+/- SF Hay Barn
- 6,000+/- SF Equipment Pole Barn
- 3,600+/- SF Equipment Pole Barn
- Historic Country Store
- Tractor & implements used for regular farm maintenance
- Conservation Easement
- 1,000 Acre adjoining Hunting Lease Available to a Buyer by Negotiation
Acre for Acre, One of the most beautiful Properties in Alabama!
1,000 Acre Hunting Lease Available to a Buyer by Negotiation!
This remarkable 450-acre estate is a testament to the enduring legacy of a multi-generation Alabama steward of the land and conservationist who had a successful career in the Forest Products Industry. In 1977, he purchased the farm from his father, acquired more timberland over the next 4 decades, and in 2000 retired to the family farm in Dallas County.
Ocmulgee Creek Farm is a sprawling country estate, nestled on the Dallas County - Perry County line, in the heart of the Alabama Black Belt. It's a place with a profound sense of history and tradition. It's a place where you can instantly feel that you're somewhere truly special. The property consists of beautiful meandering pastures, mature pecan groves, old growth professionally managed pine and hardwood timber, and approximately 2 miles of frontage along Ocmulgee & Mitchell Creek, a priceless recreational resource & year-round water supply. A conservation easement exists to ensure a century old passion for the land is passed on to future generations.
The centerpiece of Ocmulgee Farm lies at the end of a long scenic drive into the property with terrific views to the East and West far out of sight and sound from public roads. The modern plantation-style primary residence, built in 2001, blends elements of an English country house with the grand plantation style houses of the US South. Given the owner's career in the Forest Products industry, one goal was to highlight exquisite custom wood finishes throughout the house. Western Red Cedar from British Columbia was used for siding and Brazilian Ipe was used for the porch and decking. Heart pine flooring, recovered from old warehouse beams and river recovered sunken logs were used for flooring and the grand staircase, the breakfast room ceiling, and the library. Heart Cypress was used in the kitchen, breakfast room, office and third floor library. The home is 9,800+/- sf and boasts four suite-style bedrooms, a master bedroom on the ground floor, as well as an art studio, a dark room, extensive covered porches, fire suppression system, mature landscaping & fenced gardens. It's truly an architectural masterpiece with every detail carefully considered in the construction of such quality craftsmanship and provides a timeless appeal for years to come!
" With today's replacement cost of the primary residence well exceeding $400 per square foot, it would be Impossible to Duplicate this Property for this Price! " - Tim James
Behind the primary residence is 6 acres of fenced pasture and a well-appointed horse barn with concrete floors & a tack room. Other improvements include a cattle barn, extensive equipment barns and storage buildings with concrete flooring and roll up doors, large hay barns, irrigated pastures, beautiful fencing, 3 tenant houses, and a historic country store. The improvements are in excellent condition with minimal deferred maintenance. The water resources at Ocmulgee Creek Farm are excellent - in addition to the year around creeks, the property has 3 deep wells and 2 active artesian wells with excellent water. In fact, the water quality is so good, one artesian well available to the public and located along the public road draws people from miles away coming to fill up jugs for drinking water.
Ocmulgee Creek Farm offers such a diverse range of opportunities for a new landowner. The deer & turkey hunting in the area is known to be some of the best in the state and the property could easily be managed to hunt quail. Cattle have been grazed on the farm for years and with numerous barns and fenced pastures, and could be easily expanded, further attributing to the sustainability of the farm. In addition to the cattle, equestrian enthusiast would have most everything they would need for an exceptional equestrian operation. Additionally, significant income could be realized through commercial operation of the 91 acres of mature pecan orchards on the property. Ocmulgee Creek Farm has everything one could want who dreams of a self sustained lifestyle with rich soils for growing timber, cattle, or crops, an abundant water supply, great wildlife, significant utility infrastructure, luxurious amenities and more.
When Jon Kohler trademarked the term "Social Storm Properties", Ocmulgee Creek Farm is exactly what he was talking about. Learn more about Social Storm Properties here.
Rarely will you find a property that blends together the history & beauty of a generational working farm with tasteful luxury upgrades of today. Ocmulgee Creek Farm has been in the same family since the great depression and is now being offered for sale for the first time in nearly a century. A dream property for a family looking to start their own legacy, surrounded by the natural beauty and tradition of the Alabama blackbelt. Come experience God's perfect creation right here at Ocmulgee Creek Farm.
"You can search long and hard in the Southeast to find something like this for $4,695,000, which is $2800 per acre for the Land Component plus all the Improvements discounted 44% off Replacement Cost! " - Tim James
The Kohler & Associate’s
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Or want to discuss the market with the Leader in this niche?
Contact us to discuss one of our properties, for information on properties that are not yet released to the market or to discuss the market.