Honey Lake Plantation
Jefferson & Madison Counties, Florida⁞2844± ACRES
2,844 +/- acre Historic Red Hills Plantation Featuring a Rare 80-acre Deep Water Lake Jefferson County and Madison County, Florida
- 2,844 +/- total acres, Madison and Jefferson Counties, Florida
- The 80+/- acre deep-water, spring fed lake is one of the most beautiful in the Southeast
- Approximately 40 minutes to both Thomasville and Tallahassee
- Mapped on the prestigious Georgia-Florida Field Trial Map, nearby to Dixie Plantation, Pinckney Hill, Pinion Point, Turkey Scratch, and Avalon Plantation
- Plantation established by Elizabeth
- Over six miles of high-fence
- 40-acre irrigation pivot currently planted for a total of 80+ acres in perennial peanut hay production
- Gated entrance
- 6,994 square foot estate on a hill overlooking the 80-acre Honey Lake
- Four bedrooms/four bathrooms and two half baths
- Master bedroom wing with lake views and patio access, wet bar, claw foot tub, glass shower, and closet/dressing room
- Foyer with curved grand staircase and marble floor
- Two dream executive home offices with beautiful woodwork
- Home gym
- Open floor plan between kitchen & breakfast nook, dining room, and living room- great house for entertaining
- Large bonus room
- Horseshoe-shaped infinity pool and over 3,200 square feet of patios and porches
- Theatre with tiered seating and state-of-the-art sound and technology
- Beautiful heart pine and cypress millwork
- Located on Honey Lake adjacent to the main house
- Completely remodeled and updated three bedroom house
- Offers some of the best views of the lake
- Fishing pier and boathouse, large brick fire pit/barbeque combo
- Excellent management for trophy bucks and turkey
- Wild quail coupled with preseason release for some of the top wing shooting in the southeast
- Extensive fencing, road systems, landscaping, and irrigation throughout the plantation
Sealed Bid Auction Sale
Bidding Deadline: June 20, 2019
Sealed Bid Auction Sale
- 2,844 +/- acre Historic Red Hills Plantation
- Featuring a Rare 80-acre Deep Water Lake
- Jefferson County and Madison County, Florida
Bidding Deadline: June 20, 2019
Jon Kohler & Associates is proud to offer Honey Lake Plantation via its Sealed Bid Auction Process. Honey Lake Plantation is without a doubt, one of the most beautiful and unique plantations in the South. The landowner wants certainty of sale and the opportunity here and now is unprecedented.
Due to the fact that there isn’t another lake like Honey Lake, the plantation was originally founded by Pansy Poe as an annex to Pebble Hill. Under the current landowner’s stewardship, it was further enhanced earning the title by Sporting Classics as the “Lodge of the Year” and in 2008 a classic revival home was built on the lake. This is a unique opportunity on a historic Red Hills Plantation. The Sealed Bid Auction Deadline is Thursday, June 20,2019 at 2 PM ET.
Honey Lake Plantation encompasses 2,844 +/- acres, featuring its namesake Honey Lake, a spectacular 80-acre private lake that is one of the most gorgeous natural, spring-fed lakes in all of North Florida and South Georgia. Unlike most lakes in this area, it is a clear, deep water lake directly connected to the Florida Aquifer. The lake is one of the top wonders of the region.
Honey Lake Plantation is mapped on the prestigious Georgia-Florida Field Trial Map. It is located in Madison and Jefferson Counties, Florida and is approximately 35 miles to Thomasville and 38 miles to restaurants and shopping in Tallahassee’s Market Square. Plantations on the Florida side of the belt present the additional benefits of Florida residency tax status and property taxes for land under a conservation easement is zero (there is currently no conservation easement on Honey Lake Plantation).
The main plantation house “Selah”, is the name given to the 6,994 square foot estate located on the banks of the 80-acre lake. The setting is one of the most unique in the southeast, with vistas of mature quail woods and seasonal understory grasses out the front door rivaled only by the beauty of the private, spring-fed lake out the back. Selah was built in 2011. The open floorplan of this four bedroom/four and two half bath home is ideal for today's family and entertaining.
The Historic Pansy Poe cottage is on the shores of Honey Lake. It’s been completely updated and has three bedrooms. There is a fishing pier and boathouse and large brick patio/barbeque combo here, as well. Other plantation improvements include a custom gated entrance, over six miles of high fence, two grain bins, a boardwalk through the cypress, chicken coop, high fenced vegetable garden, and a 40-acre irrigation pivot.
An enormous variety of habitat and wildlife fills Honey Lake Plantation, giving it great habitat diversity. Vast acres of classic quail country — with rolling hills, 45+-year old pines and sweeping native grasses — flows through the heart of the plantation. The North portion is also working timberlands (majority in saw timber and chip-n-saw) that provide significant income, aesthetics and habitat. There is one 40 acre center pivot and almost 80 acres in perennial peanut production. Because of high fence protections located in strategic areas, the landowner is able to manage, protect and hold more than its fair share of 5+ year old bucks with great consistency. There is also a floodable duck pond.
Due to the plantations location and the lake, there is significant “higher and better use” and the property is an ideal candidate for a conservation easement.
Jon Kohler & Associates is proud to offer Honey Lake Plantation via its proprietary Sealed Bid Auction Process. This process is developed to cater to our high net worth planation investors who wish to simply invest in a n operating plantation without the risk and uncertainty of a typical auction. "Bids" (the amount that a buyer would be willing to enter into a binding contract (with a full due diligence period)), may be submitted by June 20, 2019 at 2:00 ET to the law firm of Davis, Schnitker, Reeves, and Browning. Please see Bid Form. Traditional offers may be submitted prior to the auction date.
This is an incredible opportunity to buy one of the most unique properties in North Florida.
Traditional Offers May be Submitted Prior to Auction Date (on its entirety 2,844 acres); or as divided:
- Parcel #1 (613 +/- acres including 80 acre lake, 6,994 sq ft main house, Pansy Poe Guest Cottage, gated entrance)
- Parcel #2 (540 +/- acres with frontage on Honey Lake Road)
- Parcel #3 (NW 1,155 +/- acres including a 40 acre pivot, a floodable duck pond, high-fence on portion of the Northern and Western boundary, and including two acres with the “Smokehouse” that is located on Hwy 90 and Honey Lake Rd)
- Parcel #4 (NE 534+/- acres including a mile of high fence)
613 +/- acre of the main planation block of the historic Honey Lake Plantation. Including the private 80+/- acre deep-water, spring fed lake; one of the most beautiful in the Southeast. This includes the main plantation house “Selah”, 6,994 sq ft, the Historic “Pansy Poe” cottage, the fishing pier and boathouse and large brick patio/barbeque combo, custom gated entrance and the boardwalk through the cypress.
East 540 +/- acres of famed Honey Lake Plantation, quail/deer/turkey plantation. This portion of the property has no improvements and has frontage on Honey Lake Road.
NW 1,155+/- acres of famed Honey Lake Plantation. This is the portion the landowner intensively managed for trophy deer, turkey and waterfowl. It features an incredible 40 acre irrigated “food plot,” numerous other food plots originally planned out by Tecomate Wildlife Systems, flooded duck pond with room for more, a state-of-the-art bass pond (curently in disrepair), “condo” stands and portion of northern and western boundary being high-fenced. It also includes two acres with the "Smokehouse" that fronts on HWY 90 and Honey lake Road. Exceptional habitat, eco-tones and roads. This Plantation is managed to encourage high quality timber and high quality recreation. There is an exceptional Lodge site overlooking the pond with underground power.
“For a Sportsman who is like me and appreciates the wealth of both being able to harvest Florida’s largest deer on my property as well as have one of the best managed stands of timber on any plantation this is a great investment.” Jon
NE 534 +/- acre portion of famed Honey Lake Plantation. A rare opportunity to own the northeast corner of one of the best deer and turkey plantations in the Southeast. Honey Lake is predominately high fenced and this portion of it has 6,000 feet behind that fence among thousands of acres of deer and turkey management. The result is an unheard of amount of mature whitetails for a property this size. The habitat leans heavily for deer and turkey with a large portion hardwoods, gum and associated islands and hammocks. A small portion of the hardwoods have been cut leaving a very good stand of it as well as pine. There are approximately 120 acres that could be used for a quail course. There are 12 acres of food plots. Power is located along the county road. Located in Madison County, Florida, approximately 40 minutes to Thomasville and Tallahassee.
Essentially one neighbor lies to the north, Madison Oaks Ranch. This is the headquarters ranch for “Bubba Burger” and where they raise their grass-finished beef. Thus, the soil quality here is very good for both cattle and deer.
This is an unbeatable opportunity to have mature whitetails, gobblers, ducks, dove and some quail.