Honey Lake Plantation
Madison County, Florida⁞613± ACRES
Historic Red Hills Plantation Featuring a Rare 80-acre Deep Water Lake Jefferson County and Madison County, Florida
- 613 +/- total acres, Madison and Jefferson Counties, Florida
- The 80+/- acre deep-water, spring fed lake is one of the most beautiful in the Southeast
- Approximately 40 minutes to both Thomasville and Tallahassee
- Mapped on the prestigious Georgia-Florida Field Trial Map, nearby to Dixie Plantation, Pinckney Hill, Pinion Point, Turkey Scratch, and Avalon Plantation
- Plantation established by Elizabeth
- Over six miles of high-fence
- 40-acre irrigation pivot currently planted for a total of 80+ acres in perennial peanut hay production
- Gated entrance
- 6,994 square foot estate on a hill overlooking the 80-acre Honey Lake
- Four bedrooms/four bathrooms and two half baths
- Master bedroom wing with lake views and patio access, wet bar, claw foot tub, glass shower, and closet/dressing room
- Foyer with curved grand staircase and marble floor
- Two dream executive home offices with beautiful woodwork
- Home gym
- Open floor plan between kitchen & breakfast nook, dining room, and living room- great house for entertaining
- Large bonus room
- Horseshoe-shaped infinity pool and over 3,200 square feet of patios and porches
- Theatre with tiered seating and state-of-the-art sound and technology
- Beautiful heart pine and cypress millwork
- Located on Honey Lake adjacent to the main house
- Completely remodeled and updated three bedroom house
- Offers some of the best views of the lake
- Fishing pier and boathouse, large brick fire pit/barbeque combo
- Excellent management for trophy bucks and turkey
- Wild quail coupled with preseason release for some of the top wing shooting in the southeast
- Extensive fencing, road systems, landscaping, and irrigation throughout the plantation
Jon Kohler & Associates is proud to offer Honey Lake Plantation via its Sealed Bid Auction Process. Honey Lake Plantation is without a doubt, one of the most beautiful and unique plantations in the South. The landowner wants certainty of sale and the opportunity here and now is unprecedented.
Due to the fact that there isn’t another lake like Honey Lake, the plantation was originally founded by Pansy Poe as an annex to Pebble Hill. Under the current landowner’s stewardship, it was further enhanced earning the title by Sporting Classics as the “Lodge of the Year” and in 2008 a classic revival home was built on the lake. This is a unique opportunity on a historic Red Hills Plantation. The Sealed Bid Auction Deadline is Thursday, June 20,2019 at 2 PM ET.
Honey Lake Plantation encompasses 2,844 +/- acres, featuring its namesake Honey Lake, a spectacular 80-acre private lake that is one of the most gorgeous natural, spring-fed lakes in all of North Florida and South Georgia. Unlike most lakes in this area, it is a clear, deep water lake directly connected to the Florida Aquifer. The lake is one of the top wonders of the region.
Honey Lake Plantation is mapped on the prestigious Georgia-Florida Field Trial Map. It is located in Madison and Jefferson Counties, Florida and is approximately 35 miles to Thomasville and 38 miles to restaurants and shopping in Tallahassee’s Market Square. Plantations on the Florida side of the belt present the additional benefits of Florida residency tax status and property taxes for land under a conservation easement is zero (there is currently no conservation easement on Honey Lake Plantation).
The main plantation house “Selah”, is the name given to the 6,994 square foot estate located on the banks of the 80-acre lake. The setting is one of the most unique in the southeast, with vistas of mature quail woods and seasonal understory grasses out the front door rivaled only by the beauty of the private, spring-fed lake out the back. Selah was built in 2011. The open floorplan of this four bedroom/four and two half bath home is ideal for today's family and entertaining.
The Historic Pansy Poe cottage is on the shores of Honey Lake. It’s been completely updated and has three bedrooms. There is a fishing pier and boathouse and large brick patio/barbeque combo here, as well. Other plantation improvements include a custom gated entrance, over six miles of high fence, two grain bins, a boardwalk through the cypress, chicken coop, high fenced vegetable garden, and a 40-acre irrigation pivot.
An enormous variety of habitat and wildlife fills Honey Lake Plantation, giving it great habitat diversity. Vast acres of classic quail country — with rolling hills, 45+-year old pines and sweeping native grasses — flows through the heart of the plantation. The North portion is also working timberlands (majority in saw timber and chip-n-saw) that provide significant income, aesthetics and habitat. There is one 40 acre center pivot and almost 80 acres in perennial peanut production. Because of high fence protections located in strategic areas, the landowner is able to manage, protect and hold more than its fair share of 5+ year old bucks with great consistency. There is also a floodable duck pond.
Due to the plantations location and the lake, there is significant “higher and better use” and the property is an ideal candidate for a conservation easement.
Jon Kohler & Associates is proud to offer Honey Lake Plantation via its proprietary Sealed Bid Auction Process. This process is developed to cater to our high net worth planation investors who wish to simply invest in a n operating plantation without the risk and uncertainty of a typical auction. "Bids" (the amount that a buyer would be willing to enter into a binding contract (with a full due diligence period)), may be submitted by June 20, 2019 at 2:00 ET to the law firm of Davis, Schnitker, Reeves, and Browning. Please see Bid Form. Traditional offers may be submitted prior to the auction date.
This is an incredible opportunity to buy one of the most unique properties in North Florida.
The Kohler & Associate’s
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Or want to discuss the market with the Leader in this niche?
Contact us to discuss one of our properties, for information on properties that are not yet released to the market or to discuss the market.