The Moody tract is a great long term incoming producing commercial timber property with the benefit of excellent deer, turkey and duck hunting
- 855 Acres of multi-age commercial timber/hunting property located in Taylor County, Florida with multiple income producing opportunities
- Professionally managed income producing timber and potential pine straw harvesting
- 541 acres of multi age planted pines
- 282 acres of natural timber (pine, cypress and hardwood)
- 84 acres prepped for future pine straw harvesting
- 95 acres of planted slash pine ready for thinning
- 32 acres of roadways
- Excellent hunting lease income potential
- 800 acres under 6 foot chain link fence with potential for future 10 foot high fence
- 1150 square foot camp house for cooking or potential sleeping quarters
- 3/4 acre pond located a short walk from the camp house
- Abundant deer & turkey’s along with seasonal duck & dove
- Comparable sales available to support the price
- Perimeter road around property with well maintained interior roadways
The Moody Tract is situated in the timber dominant region of North Florida. This region is predominantly owned by large timber companies and rarely do privately owned tracts of this size become available. The Moody family has owned this property for over 55 years, and with decades of experience have molded this property into the recreational, timber-rich tract that it is today.
This property has excellent income producing potential for the future owners. 95 acres are ready to be thinned, 235 acres of planted pines range from 14-24 years of age, and 306 acres are in the 5–14-year-old bracket. These multi year planted pine stands guarantee long term return on this investment. Potential hunting leases and pine straw harvesting can be added to the returns as well. Recent comparable sales are available to support the price.
This is also an amazing recreational tract with abundant deer, turkeys, ducks, dove and an occasional hog or bear. The turkey population is off the chart. Harvesting that Eastern trophy gobbler is very common every spring.
With a great location in one of the largest and most profitable timber markets in North Florida, this tract is located 3 miles northeast of Perry, Florida. The Tallahassee international Airport is conveniently located 58 miles from Perry or 92 miles to Gainesville Regional Airport. Perry-Foley Airport is 8 miles away and available with a 5,014-foot runway.