Santa Fe River Retreat
Rare & Unique, High Quality Recreational Riverfront Property
- 274 +/- Acre Riverfront Recreational Property in Gilchrist County, FL
- 1.06 +/- Miles Frontage on Santa Fe River
- 2,700 Sq Ft Main Lodge, 6BR/4BA
- Two Story Stable with Loft Guest Quarters & 3 horse Stalls on Bottom Level
- Cottage, 780 Sq Ft, 2BR/1BA, with a large deck overlooking the Pasture
- 3,600 Sq FT Hay Barn & Workshop
- Multi-level Dock built for entertaining guests - both on land & in the river
- Main Lodge, Stable, & Riverside Dock sits on 26 acre secluded island accessed by a Bridge
- Florida Springs - Gil928972 and Gil928971 Spring Heads are on the property
- Great Hardwood Bottoms for Deer & Turkey
- Great Recreation on the River - canoeing, kayaking, tubing, fishing
- 3,000 ft Grass Airstrip adjacent to Hay barn
- Pasture fenced for Cattle or other livestock
- Additional Acreage Available; Northern 101 acres with a quarter mile on the river
Ideal Family or Entertaining Property with Lodge, Guest Houses, Numerous Porches and Decks on the River
Santa Fe River Retreat is a 274 +/- Acre riverfront recreational property located along the historic and beautiful Santa Fe River in Gilchrist County, FL. It features 1.06 +/- miles of frontage on the Santa Fe River, and the diversity of flora and fauna here is amazing with two natural springs heads. The property has pasture fenced for cattle and livestock, a grass airstrip, hay barn, great hardwood bottoms for deer and turkey, and great recreation on the river. It is located just 15 minutes to High Springs restaurants and shopping downtown. There is a main lodge, guest houses, numerous decks and porches overlooking views of the river. This is an ideal family or entertaining property.
The main lodge, stable and riverside dock sit on a 26 +/- acre secluded island accessed by a bridge. The 2,700 sq. ft. main lodge is 6 bedrooms and 4 baths and is lined with beautiful pecky cypress the interior of the lodge. The Vaulted Ceilings make way for additional loft bedroom which overlooks the living room and large rock fireplace. There is a large screened in porch which steps out onto the second floor deck that provides great views of the river. In addition to the main lodge, there is a two story stable with loft guest quarters and a 3 horse stable on the bottom level. The guest quarters in the stable have two bedrooms, one bath, living room, kitchen, and screen porch and deck.
An additional cottage, 780 sq ft with deck, overlook views of the pastures. A 3,600 sq. ft. hay barn and workshop sits centered in the fenced pastures and provide an excellent amount of covered storage for equipment and supplies. Pastures are fenced for cattle or other livestock. There is a also a 3,000 foot long grass airstrip adjacent to hay barn.
The Santa Fe River is well known for the amount of fresh-water springs that help feed it. Two Springheads are on the property - Florida Springs Gil928972 and Gil928971. The river provides amazing recreation opportunities with friends and family, whether kayaking, swimming, fishing, or tubing. There is a multi-level dock built for entertaining guests; both on land & in the river. The habitat with the freshwater and hardwood bottoms is a haven for all types of wildlife including deer, turkey, and ducks.
Maps & Location
Santa Fe River Retreat
- 1.06 +/- Miles on the Santa Fe River, Spring Heads, and Island Fenced Pastures and Great Deer and Turkey
- Located 30 minutes West of Interstate 75
- 45 minutes from Gainesville
- Located 15 Minutes to High Springs with diners, shops, & downtown