Timber Creek Lodge
Okaloosa County, Florida⁞1200± ACRES
One of the Most Prolific Stands of Native Long-Leaf Pine and Wiregrass surrounding arguably the Largest Custom Log Home in the South
- 1,200 +/- acre Turn-Key High-Quality Recreational Property, Okaloosa County, Fl
- Approx. 3.5 +/- Miles on both sides of Juniper Creek, hard bottom pearl white sand, plus frontage on Pond Creek
- Owner Financing and Trades Considered
- Custom Log Cabin, 16,015 +/- H/C Sq. Ft. with an additional 8,552+/- sq. ft. of garage, decks, & porches
- Built in 2007 with 8 BR and 10 BA
- Designed by noted Log Home Architect
- Highly Maintained
- Paver driveway leading to porte cochere
- Work of art hand-carved door entrance with Extensive customized woodwork and hardwood throughout
- 2,000 Sq. Ft. Living Room featuring floor to ceiling windows and 40 ft. ceilings overlooking Juniper Creek with a Colorado Stone lined two-sided fireplace
- Custom-built Elk Antler Chandelier
- Gourmet kitchen with Thermador appliances
- Billiard/Game Room with pool table, gun display cabinets, and large stone fireplace
- 1,266 sq. ft. master wing
- Elevator to all three floors
- 5,500lb Door to Large Bank Vault and fireproof safe room
- Movie/Media Room
- Stone lined Wine Cellar
- Up to 22-Car Heated garage, Fitness Gym, Wild Game-Processing Room
- Second floor screened cooking room with sink, built in stainless grill & commercial exhaust hood
- Outdoor fireplace with a Second and third floor balcony, 190 ft. long
- 12,500 sq. ft. in out buildings 7,200 sq. ft. Steel building for equipment storage with equipment included
- White Sand Beaches along creek
- Gated Entrance with paved driveway
- 109 +/- Manicured Acres surrounding house
- Lodge located in the center of property for ultimate privacy
- Three Ponds stocked with bass, bream and catfish
- Beautiful stands of natural Longleaf pine
- 116 +/- acres of planted Longleaf pine
- Substantial Timber - Managed with Prescribed Fire and established rotation
- Great Whitetail Deer Habitat and Population with Established Hunting Blinds
- Located minutes from Downtown Crestview, Florida and 10 minutes from Crestview Airport
- 45 Miles to Destin Florida - Home to the World's Most Beautiful White Sand Beaches
- Turn-key with furniture, decor, and equipment
Almost 25,000 sq.ft. Including Porches and 22- Car Garage
3.5 Miles on Both Sides of White Sand Juniper Creek and Several Ponds Located just Minutes to Restaurants & Just 45 miles to Beaches and Shopping in Destin, Florida
Thoughts on the sale: Regarded as the “largest log cabin east of the Mississippi,” this property also contained 1,200 acres of Longleaf Pine. We were able to turn it into a PR “bonanza.” We closed it to a German family relocating from California. Concurrently, they also bought a $16M beach house, the most expensive home ever sold on the Emerald Coast.
Located in North Florida along a 3.5 mile stretch of white sand Juniper Creek, is a property and lodge unlike anything in the Southeast. Timber Creek Lodge is a 1,200 +/- acre high quality recreational property featuring what is likely the largest custom log lodge in the Southeast. Totaling almost 25,000 square feet including porches, this spectacular lodge is in a class all to itself. This property offers year-round enjoyment; it has three stocked ponds, miles on Juniper Creek and Pond Creek, stands of native longleaf pine and great hardwoods, and great deer and turkey. It is located just minutes to restaurants in downtown Crestview, Florida and just 45 miles to beaches, golfing, and shopping and entertainment in Destin, Florida, home of the World’s most beautiful beaches. Timber Creek Lodges the perfect blend of a private high-quality recreational retreat with easy access to restaurants, beaches, and shopping.
The breathtaking custom log lodge is unlike anything you have ever seen. Designed by a noted log home architect, the lodge, built in 2007, took two years to complete and no attention to detail was missed. From custom woodwork throughout, hardwood and stone floors, light fixtures throughout valued at $250,000, a front door that was crafted by an artisan in Vermont, to all the stone in the home coming from Colorado. The lodge has eight bedrooms and ten baths and totals almost 25,000 square feet; 16,015 +/- heated/cooled square feet with an additional 8,552 +/- square feet of garage, decks, & porches. Even with this amount of space, the lodge is extremely energy efficient. The lodge is located in the center of the property for ultimate privacy and the front yard has great views of the pond and the backyard overlooks white sandy beaches on Juniper Creek and towering pines.
Upon entering the property, is a paved drive where you will pass by beautiful pines and ponds and then arrive at the paver driveway that leads from the entrance gate to the porte cochere of the lodge. Entering the lodge, there is a gorgeous “work of art” hand-carved entrance door. Through the foyer is the 2,000 +/- square foot living room with 40-foot ceilings, a massive custom-built Elk antler chandelier, a Colorado stone lined two-sided fireplace, wet-bar, and floor to ceiling windows overlooking beautiful views of the white sand beach on Juniper Creek and touring pines. The gourmet kitchen has granite counter tops, large island, Thermador appliances, a six-burner stove, double ovens, microwave, and commercial hood. There is a breakfast area off the kitchen and a formal dining room, both that lead to the balcony and have beautiful views of the Creek and property. Also, there is a billiard/game room with pool table, gun display cabinets, and the two-sided Colorado stone lined fireplace. There is also a media/movie room that goes out to the screened cooking porch with sink, built in stainless grill, and commercial exhaust hood. Also, on the second floor, is a laundry room and three large guest bedrooms all with private bathrooms and a 190 foot back balcony with an outdoor fireplace, a covered pavilion, and beautiful views.
On the third floor, there are two guest bedrooms both with private bathrooms. Also, there is the master wing, which totals 1,266 +/- square foot, including the master bedroom with fireplace, a bunkroom off the master, and the master bath with his and her vanities, double shower with waterfall, and Jacuzzi therapeutic hot tub. The third floor is easily accessible via stairs or the elevator (which allows access to all three stories). All the bedrooms on the third-floor lead to the 190-foot third floor balcony that overlooks the sandy beach on the creek.
On first floor, (aka bottom floor), there is a stone lined wine cellar, a fitness gym, several storage closets, and a 22-car heated garage. There is also a wild game-processing room with attached mud room/hunt room with full bathroom and is also currently used as a bedroom. Other features of the lodge include an elevator to all three floors, a 5,500lb door to large bank vault and fireproof safe room. The detail throughout the entire lodge is well planned and creates a high utilized space.
Additional cars and equipment can be stored in the 5,000 square foot heated and cooled garage with apartment or the 7,200 square foot of steel equipment garage. Multiple size tractors and implements (included with the sale) are stored here. There is no shortage of storage. Everything one would need to manage this property is included for a simple turnkey operation. One could simply walk in and have everything needed at their disposal.
From the custom lodge to the land, you are quick to realize what makes the Timber Creek Lodge property so unique. The habitat here is managed through a prescribed fire rotation. The grounds around the house campus are immaculate and trails are maintained throughout the entire roll of the property. There are great ecotones on the property with great natural and planted timber (all long leaf pine), good hardwood bottoms providing great habitat and forage for wild game. There is substantial timber value on this property. There are multiple hunting blinds established on the property. The current landowner has held many statewide bass tournament records, and the lakes he has built here are amazing. Three lakes are stocked with bass, bream, and catfish, perfect for the angler of any age.
A Social Storm® Ranked Property: Timber Creek Lodge and it's Social Storm® Property Attributes are Highly Ranked. This Social Storm® property belongs to a unique asset class with key property attributes that investors gravitate to for safety in bad times and buy for a recreation reward in good times.
Why choose a Social Storm® Property?
Timber Creek Lodge is located minutes to I-10 and to restaurants in Downtown Crestview, 10 minutes to the Crestview Airport, and convenient 45 mile drive to Destin and the Emerald Coast, internationally touted as the “World’s Most Beautiful White Sand Beaches”; with ample shopping, dining, golfing, and entertaining options.
Everything on the property from the custom lodge to the ponds to the entrance are done and maintained with class. It would take years to recreate what was done here; this property is a product of years of meticulous planning. Timber Creek Lodge is well maintained with no deferred maintenance and is turn-key and ready for immediate enjoyment. This is exactly the easy to walk into, turn-key, and easy to operate recreational property that is within easy proximate to restaurants, beaches, shopping and entertainment that is in high demand.
Owner Financing and Trades Considered.
The Kohler & Associate’s
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Or want to discuss the market with the Leader in this niche?
Contact us to discuss one of our properties, for information on properties that are not yet released to the market or to discuss the market.