Gadsden, Florida⁞215± ACRES
Perhaps the Epitome of a North Florida Gentleman’s Farm
- 215 +/- acre recreational retreat in Gadsden County, Florida
- Private 10-acre spring-fed stocked lake
- A beautiful steephead feeds the lake – it’s very rare to see this geological feature in this part of Florida
- Ten acres of blackberry fields, leased for income
- Three hay pastures are leased for regular income-production - 55+/- acres
- Amazing elevation changes - the front porch house view likens views from the Georgia mountains
- Quaint 1,842 sq. ft. 3 bed/3 bath home that looks straight out of a Pottery Barn catalog
- Custom chicken coop
- Picturesque Guest Cottage with 1 BR /1 BA
- Small fenced pasture with one stall and a lean-to, completing the quintessential farmhouse look behind the home
- Guest Cabin, 1.5 BA, 1 bed, sitting area, and full kitchen; set up to produce income as an Airbnb destination or great for family and friends
- Two beautifully renovated tobacco barns at property front used as a wedding venue
- 1st Tobacco barn is used for the reception and has outdoor wrap around porch and indoor seating area with farm tables and cross back chairs
- 2nd Tobacco barn
- Band setup area outside
- Outdoor bar
- Modern gentlemen's lounge inside
- Indoor Lounge: pool table, a bar, a game table, and two sitting areas
- Firepit area
- Catering shed
- Produces $4,000 per wedding weekend
- Additional structures include a third tobacco barn, horse barn, equipment barn, and pasture barn
- One mile of paved drive
- Ten minutes to downtown Havana, FL, and thirty-five minutes to downtown Tallahassee, FL
This Property Offers Something for About Everyone and It is Income Producing
Moments from the ever-charming and quaint town of Havana, Florida, Woodberry Farms is tucked away among rolling hills and farmland. Woodberry Farms is a 215 +/- acre recreational property in Gadsden County, Florida. It features a private lake, historically preserved buildings, old tobacco barns, a large blackberry orchard, stunning wedding and event spaces, and more.
This lovingly restored working farm compliments the land and there are beautiful elevation changes with views. There are nearly 48 acres of improved pastureland and three leased, income-producing hayfields. In addition there are ancient hardwoods, southern yellow pine woods, and classic pecans. A ten-acre blackberry orchard is tucked on the southeast-side of the property, which is also leased. With a wealth of fertile soils, water, and topography, this farm boasts some of the oldest and best examples of pristine hardwood bottoms left in North Florida.
Unique to the area, and hitting on the town's historical roots, a preserved 100-year-old old tobacco barn overlooks nearby pastures. Interestingly enough, downtown Havana is known to have produced much of America's best shade tobacco, with Hoyt Woodbery (the face behind the famed Hav-A-Tampa company, and the source of the property's namesake) having farmed this very property. Hundreds of architecturally unique “tobacco barns” that represent his era once lined the countryside, however, with time, most fell into ruin. Here, the landowner has restored and repurposed two of them into the most charming and sought out outdoor wedding and event venues in North Florida. Currently the owner enjoys the property for their family but also rents the front portion of the property and event barn as a wedding venue five months out of the year. The new landowner could continue wedding/event operations or cease to rent the venue and just enjoy the property for personal pleasure, pending their preference.
"The reason we really like it is the venue portion is at the very front of the property and our house is in the back, so even when there is a wedding or an event going on, once it starts, we're back here and it's not right in front of us, which I really like because it allows us to step back and get away from it." - Stacy Rasky, Landowner, Woodberry Farm
The beautifully restored tobacco barns are now rented/used for weddings and special events, with one being a showstopper reception space with a wraparound covered porch and the inside reception space lined with farm tables and cross back chairs. The other barn is poised perfectly to host an outdoor band with an outside bar on one side and on the other side are large barn doors that lead you into a modern “speak easy” type space. It has an indoor bar, pool table, game table, and two separate sitting areas. This area serving as the perfect space for the groom's party to prepare / lounge or would make a great family gaming area. Steps from the tobacco barns is a modern 1-bed / 1.5-bath cabin (bed, sitting area and full kitchen are set up studio layout), that can be rented through AirBNB outside of wedding season or would make a great guest cabin for family and friends. This bright and airy cabin also serves as the perfect space for the ladies to get wedding-ready day of. Currently, booked weddings produce $4,000 in income per weekend.
“I have analyzed dozens of venues of all types. What this landowner has created is by far and away the simplest and most profitable combination we have seen.” - Jon Kohler
A classic 1,842 sq. ft. country farmhouse sits not far from the lake and is privately tucked away on the north end of the property. The farmhouse is a quaint three bedroom, three bath home that appears to be straight out of a Pottery Barn catalog. Behind the house is a charming 1-bedroom /1-bath guest cottage, a custom chicken coop, and a small, fenced pasture with one stall and a lean-to, completing the quintessential farmhouse look.
The private ten-acre lake is well stocked and spring-fed for recreational pursuits from fishing and kayaking to sun-basking and more. A beautiful steephead also feeds the lake; it is very rare to see this geological feature in this part of Florida. While the current landowner does not hunt, there are abundant deer and turkey on the property.
Additional structures include a third tobacco barn, catering shed, horse barn, equipment barn, and pasture barn.
Currently, Tall Timbers holds a conservation easement on the property, with a rare allotment for three additional homesites, and improvement/expansion of the existing structures.
Woodberry is positioned just ten minutes from downtown Havana, known for antiquing, shopping, and charming eateries, and is just 35 minutes to the Capital City of Tallahassee, Florida.
The Kohler & Associate’s
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Or want to discuss the market with the Leader in this niche?
Contact us to discuss one of our properties, for information on properties that are not yet released to the market or to discuss the market.