Black Island Estate
McIntosh County, Georgia⁞107± ACRES
107± Acre Gated Waterfront Estate With 17± Acres of Upland and 90± Acres of Marsh Located in the Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia.
- 107± Acre Waterfront Estate with 17± Acres of Upland and 90± Acres of Marsh Included Thru a King's Grant from King George of Great Britain, Which Dates Back to the 1700's, Located in Historical Darien, Georgia, McIntosh County, Georgia
- 180 Degree Unobstructed Water Views Located on a Private Secure Island With Frontage on the Deep Water Darien River and Black Island Creek
- 1/2 Acre Stocked Pond Fed by 800' Deep Artesian Well; An Endless Free Flowing Fresh Water and Food Source, with Valves for Controlling Water Level of Pond
- 17 Acres of Upland with a Mixture of Hardwoods, Timber and Open Fields Perfect For Planting Your Own Self-Sustaining Garden or Raising Livestock
- Gated Secure Entrance Located at the End of a Private Secluded Lane of Mossy Oaks
- 13,000 LB Covered Boat Lift and Dock House That Overlooks Historical Ft King George; Which Served As the Southernmost Outpost of the British Empire in the Americas until 1727
- Located Just One Hour South of Savannah, Georgia, One Hour North of Jacksonville, Florida and One Mile East of Interstate 95
- Main House 3000 Sq Ft 3BR/3BA
- Tabby Wood Burning Fireplace; Architecture Indigenous to this Area
- 10 Foot Ceilings Throughout With Glassed Sunroom Providing Beautiful Views of the Water and Sunsets with Concrete Pool for Swimming Laps ; Detached 3 Car Garage with Unfinished Space Perfect for a Caretaker's Quarters
- Spacious Bedrooms and Baths with Wide Hallways; Serene Front and Back Porches to Enjoy the Peaceful Sunrises, Wildlife and Water Views of the River and Marsh
- 25 X 20 Hen House to Raise Your Own Chickens and Fresh Eggs with a Tractor Barn for Equipment
- Abundant Deer and Wildlife
- Black Island is 20 Minutes from the Intracoastal Waterway, 30 Minutes from Sapelo Island Beaches and 35 Minutes from the Atlantic Ocean Taking A Single Engine Boat and 5 Minutes from Downtown Darien by the Causeway
- Located in the Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia just 25 miles from Sea Island
Located just 25 miles from the Prestigious Shorelines of Sea Island, Georgia .... Black Island Estate is a 107± Acre Waterfront Estate With 17± Acres of Upland and 90± Acres of Marsh Located in the Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia.. Black Island is accessible by a causeway and is only 10 minutes by boat from the historic town of Darien, Georgia which was established in 1736.
Winding thru a mossy canopy covered lane to arrive at the front gates, it is almost impossible not to instantly feel a wave of relaxation wash over you as you experience the views this peaceful setting has to offer. Situated on the Darien River with Black Island Creek running along the west border .... it affords 180 degree views of water and absolutely magical sunsets.
This property includes a King’s Grant from King George of Great Britain that dates back to the 1700’s and gives you access to the surrounding 90+/- Acres of Marshland. On the west border, just across Black Island Creek, sits the Historic Fort King George ... a fort built in 1721 by the British which served as the southernmost outpost of the British Empire in the Americas until 1727.
The home is a spacious 3000 square foot heated living space, with front and back porches to enjoy the spectacular water views and breathtaking sunsets. Every window in the home affords water views of the marsh and surrounding rivers. It has a glassed-in sun room, perfect for painting and taking in the beautiful surroundings, with 10’ ceilings throughout, wide open hallways with 3 spacious bedrooms and full baths. There is a cozy wood burning “tabby” fireplace in the living room that fills the home with warmth during the chilly winter months. The attic is unfinished and provides plenty of storage space if needed. A detached three car garage with an unfinished living space above could easily be finished and be the perfect space for a caretaker's quarters.
For those concerned with the construction detail of the home …. All exterior walls, including the tractor barn and garage, are treated 2 X 6s. All interior walls are 2 X 6s which have been insulated for noise reduction. The home is sheathed with real plywood. The floor system consists of treated 2 X 12s on 12” centers and sub-flooring is a double layer of 5/8ths plywood. The plumbing is copper, all windows are Anderson and the fireplace has a double flue and is constructed of block and brick.
There is an existing 25 X 20 Hen House that would allow you to raise your own chickens and have organic fresh eggs. It could easily be converted to a Green House for those that have a green thumb or possibly want to plant their own garden. The large open lawn/pasture area could easily accommodate a couple of horses for the equestrian lover or possibly a couple of cows if you were interested in becoming a self-sustaining property. There is an existing tractor barn and equipment shed to store all items one might need.
Tucked between the dock and the house is a 1/2 acre stocked pond. It is 17’ deep with artesian water flowing from the 800’ deep well that serves the house. This is free flowing water which needs no electricity so you never have to worry about a fresh water source. The well head is near the swimming pool and has a valve that controls flow to the pond. To keep the water level of the pond constant, the valve can be adjusted so that the inflow equals evaporation. It is the perfect spot to fly fish for the fresh catch of the day.
If you need a place to cool off after a long day on the boat, the concrete lap pool never disappoints and is a summertime favorite of Honey, the current owner's golden retriever!
The existing dock has a 13,000 lb. covered boat lift with a dock house as well. There are 35 to 45 foot deep waters on the Darien River frontage portion which provides the perfect place to build a second dock to accommodate larger boats. It is easily navigable in any sport vessel, sailboat or yacht. The Intracoastal Waterway is a short 15 minute boat ride from Black Island, just up the Darien River. If you enjoy off-shore fishing, you can be in the Atlantic Ocean in 30 just minutes.
The existing dock is on Black Island Creek, which is located on the west border overlooking historical Ft. King George. The current owner has operated a 35’ Donzi from this dock and never experienced a problem with water depth. There is a deep hole located just off the dock with waters between 25 and 35 feet depending on the tide.
If you love outdoor activities .... Black Island is your spot and the endless possibilities of outdoor adventure are sure to please all.
Duck hunt just across the Darien River on Rhett’s Island Reserve, a 1845 Acre Tidewater Island with several diked impoundments on the Famous Altamaha Delta. Fly fish in the stocked artesian spring fed pond located next to the house, skeet shoot from the dock overlooking the gorgeous salt marshes, dove hunt in the surrounding fields or simply watch the deer feed each morning and take in the simple peace that God’s magnificent creation provides.
Located just out of your back door, fish on the dock or take the boat out to your favorite in-shore and off-shore fishing spots! The blue crab traps are set hanging off of the Black Island Creek dock and it’s always fun to check and collect the day’s local catch!
The salt marsh creates the perfect setting for some incredible bird watching. There is a huge Eagle’s Nest located less than a mile from Black Island and these beautiful creatures are often seen soaring over the island and marsh area. Hawks, owls, migratory song birds and shore birds are just a few of the other birds seen at Black Island.
Have You Always Wanted To Own A Waterfront Property in Coastal Georgia? Black Island is the perfect opportunity to realize that dream! This is that once in a lifetime chance to invest in a property that checks all of the boxes for an outdoor enthusiast.
A Social Storm® Ranked Property: Black Island Getaway and it's Social Storm® Property Attributes are Highly Ranked. This Social Storm® property belongs to a unique asset class with key property attributes that investors gravitate to for safety in bad times and buy for a recreation reward in good times.
Why choose a Social Storm® Property?