Macon County, Georgia⁞430± ACRES
One of the Top Deer Hunting Properties in the State of Georgia Under 500 acres
- 430± acre Trophy Recreation Property in Macon County, Georgia
- One of the Top Deer hunting Properties under 500 Acres
- Significant timber income potential with mature pines
- Intensively managed for whitetail deer and turkey - Truly a role model property for deer management program
- Surrounding landowners for thousands of acres practice Trophy Deer Management
- Exceptional burn program and rotation
- Several Natural Duck Ponds
- Enormous hardwoods with great hardwood bottoms
- Exceptional trail and road system throughout
- Multiple established food plots
- Large amount of planted mast-producing trees
- Minimal Hunting Pressure and Selective Harvesting produces Trophy Deer year after year
- Would be extremely difficult to reproduce a property of this caliber
- Beautiful 2,394 sq ft Main House, 3 BR/3 BA
- Large living space with fireplace
- Expansive screened-in porch
- 836 sq ft Bunk House perfect for guests
- Enclosed Metal Barn with Office
- Pole Barn & Dog Kennel
- Small Pecan Grove surrounding main cabin site
- Located 6 miles to Montezuma, 15 minutes to Lake Blackshear & 30 minutes to Americus
- Located 18 miles to Interstate 75
- Additional hunting acreage available less than 2 miles from main grounds
Located in the Macon County/Dooly County Area which are two of the top trophy deer counties in the SE
Honed over the last 15 years, today Indian Mound is one of the top Deer hunting Properties under 500 Acres. Located in Macon County, which holds 72 Georgia Deer Registry Records, this is truly a role model property for quality deer management. It would be extremely difficult to reproduce a property of this caliber with the improvements, infrastructure and surrounded by like-minded landowners.
Every aspect of this 430± acres property has been planned and executed with one focus - trophy hunting. The habitat here is second to none. Large established food plots have been spaced throughout among the mature pines and hardwoods. The current land steward has complemented various plots, transition and staging areas with planted mast-producing trees. There are massive hardwood bottoms that provide great cover and forage. Numerous waterfowl ponds and water holes dot the landscape as well.
Unlike many other trophy deer properties, the next land steward can rest assured that the neighbors also want to produce trophy whitetail deer. There are thousands of contiguous acres of large landowners that all follow Quality Deer Management practices - not only by choice but also by additional regulations. Macon County is one of two counties that is subject to additional antler restrictions which bucks must have a minimum outside antler spread of 15 inches. The Flint River Valley serves as a highway for record-breaking whitetail deer. The genetics found in this region are a result of the Georgia DNR restocking of deer from Wisconsin throughout the middle of the twentieth century. This property produces great deer year after year which can be attributed to minimal hunting pressure, selective harvest and great neighbors. The hunting of this level simply cannot be duplicated or beat in the southeast.
For hunters looking to extend their season well into the spring, the turkey hunting here is world class as well. The amount of habitat here attributes to the overall sporting experience. Well-built roads and walking trails meander throughout the property, yet all converge back at the main lodge grounds.
The amount of timber on this property is astonishing. The current landowner has left large stands of pine untouched. The next land steward could immediately harvest approximately $100,000 in timber and still look untouched. The rotational burning keeps the understory managed and beautiful.
Indian Mound has served as the confluence for friends, family and memories for the last 15 years. The beautiful main cabin is 2,394 square feet and features three bedrooms and three baths. The large downstairs living space features an open floor plan overlooking the fireplace. The additional cottage is the perfect private retreat for extra guests. The house also features a large fire pit overlooking the pecan grove surrounding the main grounds.
Additional improvements include an enclosed metal barn with office which supports all aspects of the property management. The covered pole barn is extremely well built and is perfect to store oversized equipment. Adjacent to the pole barn is the dog kennel.
This property is located 6 miles south of quaint town of Montezuma and only 18 miles west of Interstate 75. Lake Blackshear Resort & Golf Course, located 25 minutes to the south, is a great summer time destination for golfing and water activities including fishing and boating. All of this combined makes this a great year-round destination property.
Indian Mound is a rare opportunity to a high quality recreational property in one of the top whitetail producing counties. Every aspect of this property is top notch and allows the next land steward to step in and enjoy immediately.
The Kohler & Associate’s
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Or want to discuss the market with the Leader in this niche?
Contact us to discuss one of our properties, for information on properties that are not yet released to the market or to discuss the market.