Little Eagle Island
McIntosh County, Georgia⁞22.1 ± ACRES
Take In the Gorgeous Sunsets from the Spacious Wrap Around Porches or Enjoy a Sunset Cruise in your Boat and Experience the Closing of Another Gorgeous Day in the Golden Isles.
- 22.1 +/- Acre Private Island Located in the Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia
- 3 +/- Acres of Upland and 19 +/- Acres of Marshland
- Located Just 25 Miles from the Prestigious Waterfront Community of Sea Island, Georgia
- Golden Isles Recently Named #1 Beaches in the Nation by Travel and Leisure Magazine - May 2020
- Only a 10 Minute Boat Ride to the Historic Docks of Darien, Ga Thru the Winding Creeks in the Marsh
- Included - 2 Golf Carts to Transport Items, Luggage and Visitors Over the Boardwalk to Little Eagle Island
- Located Within the Private Gated Community of Black Island, Darien Georgia
- Access To Public Clubhouse and Boat Lift/Dock for HOA Members
- Existing Main Lodge Totaling 3224 Square Feet Heated and Cooled
- Lodge is 5BR/3.5BA with Vaulted Open Air Feel and Common Living Space in the Center
- Open Floor Plan with Spacious Bar Area in the Kitchen and Separate Mini Bar Area
- Granite Countertops and Stainless Steel Appliances Create an Efficient Space for Any Chef.
- Hardwood Floors / Wood Burning Fireplace Ready to Warm the Living Space on Chilly Fall Evenings
- 1850+/- sq ft of Wrap Around Porches Perfect for Large Families and Enjoying the Waterfront Views
- Upstairs Area - Carpeted Complete with Sitting Area, 1/2 Bath and Grandkids Bunk Room
- Dock - 20X24 Stationary Dock Complete with Catwalk Connecting to 20X8 Floating Dock
- 690 Ft Sea Wall Which is One of the Best Fishing Spots on the Island
- 490 Ft Boardwalk Crossing the Marsh Connecting the Parking Area with Little Eagle Island
- A Great Area to Teach Children About American History; Visit One of the Many Historical Sites in the Surrounding Area
- A+ Location; 5 Minutes from I-95, One Hour to Savannah International Airport and One Hour to Jacksonville International Airport
The Native America History is Astounding on this Island; Archaeologist Unearth the Remains of 25 Creek Indians on Little Eagle Island.
It is hard to capture the peace, tranquility and sense of community that one feels when visiting Little Eagle Island. Little Eagle Island is a tranquil private island escape just off the tip of Black Island, Ga. The drive once inside the gates of Black Island is simply breathtaking. There are countless groves of mature live oaks which create a beautiful canopy covered lane leading to the end of the island where Little Eagle Island is located. Wildlife is abundant and roam freely on the island in a habitat that appears to have barely been disturbed in the common areas.
You simply can not make a visit to Black Island without encountering 86 year old Jack Bethune, who has become known as the "Island Keeper." He has lived on the island for 41 years and takes great pride in keeping the landscape and memorial area on the island in tip top shape. HIs wonderful stories and eagerness to care for others sets the tone for this tight-knit community. If you are looking for a place that is safe where neighbors look after each other, then look no further. Black Island is that type of community, even going so far as to erecting a beautiful memorial for passed residents to honor their remembrance.
As you make your way down to the end of the mossy covered lane, it opens up to views of the salt marshes on the waterfront and you will see Little Eagle island in the distance. Follow the road on around the bend and you will find the shady designated parking area for Little Eagle Island. Once parked, its most convenient to unload your luggage and take the golf carts; included in the sell, over the 490 foot boardwalk that crosses the marsh and arrives at the lodge. Once off of the boardwalk, a 690 foot sea wall picks up and continues the length of the high ground on the island. This is one of the best fishing spots on the island with reds, trout and tons of sheep-head eager to provide any angler the fresh catch of the day!
22.1 +/- acres of land make up this little slice of heaven known as Little Eagle Island. 19+/- acres of surrounding salt marsh create a gorgeous private barrier for the 3+/- acres of upland where Little Eagle Island lodge is located. Built with 360 degrees of wrap around porches with siding and Tabby architecture exterior, this lodge is the perfect space to enjoy all that waterfront living has to offer. The high vaulted ceilings and open floor plan easily accomodate large family gatherings with plenty of room to spread out.
The island lifestyle has so much to offer from fishing, boating, shooting sporting clays, hunting duck on Rhetts Island to enjoying a relaxing day at one of the areas pristine beaches. This area of Coastal Georgia has so much to offer from a historical perspective. In fact, archaeologist unearth the remains of 25 Creek Indians right here on Little Eagle Island and the Community of Black Island created a beautiful burial memorial under the peaceful oaks where their remains were relocated and given the recognition and honor deserved.
Little Eagle Island, located just 10 minutes from the waterfront town of Darien, Ga is less than 15 minutes by boat from the oldest English fort remaining on Georgia's coast. Fort King George was built in 1721 and was the southern most outpost of the British Empire in North America.
This area of coastal Georgia is one of the best kept secrets around; where else can you relax in a small safe community on the water with access to such a plethora of different activities? There is something for everyone to enjoy in close proximity and the best part is you don't even have to leave the island to experience it all! What are you waiting for? Little Eagle Island awaits .....
The Kohler & Associate’s
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Or want to discuss the market with the Leader in this niche?
Contact us to discuss one of our properties, for information on properties that are not yet released to the market or to discuss the market.