Moore Pond Equestrian Estate
Lowndes, Georgia⁞14.9± ACRES
This South Georgia Equestrian Estate is the Best of Both Worlds... A 14.9+/- Acre Gated Estate With All the Feels of Country Living but Located Only 4 Miles From Downtown Valdosta. Currently Run As An Investment Property, Moore Pond Generates An Average of $4300 a Month.
- 14.9 +/- Acre South Georgia Equestrian Estate Located Just 4 Miles from Downtown Valdosta, Georgia
- Gated and Paved Entry Lined With Mature Live Oaks and Tall Georgia Pines
- 1+/- Acre Cypress Fishing Pond with Dock
- 6000 Sq. Ft. Ranch Style Main House and Pool House
- Newly Renovated With 4 Wells On Property; 3 Currently in Use & 4th for Irrigation
- Architectural Shingle Roof, Concrete Siding, Plantation Blinds Throughout
- Multiple Upgrades: New Well, New Living Room & Kitchen AC May 2023, New Paint, Roof, Fencing, New Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System, New Septic and Various Cosmetic Items
- 5 BR / 4 Full Bath With 2 Additional Powder Rooms for Guest
- Hardwood Flooring Throughout With Tile in Bathrooms
- Chef's Kitchen With Abundant Granite Countertops, Stainless Appliances, Fisher Paykal Gas Range, Double Oven, Ice Machine, Dishwasher, Disposal, Microwave, Coffee Nook and Wine Cooler.
- Open Floor Plan That Effortlessly Flows From Room to Room
- Pool: Concrete Lap Pool and Hot Tub With Multi-Speed Motor For Efficiency
- New Septic
- Landscaped Yard With An Assortment of Fruit Trees: Blueberries, Pomegranate, Grapefruit, 2 Satsuma trees, 2 Orange Trees, Lemon, Lime, 3 Pear Trees, 2 Fig Trees, Mulberry and 7 Pecan Trees
- Herb Garden: Hosting an array of Fresh Herbs Such As Oregano, Rosemary, Mint and Parsley
- Detached Pool House
- Heated and Cooled Space For Workouts With Extra Storage Closets
- Full Pool Bath for Pool Guests
- Detached Workshop Area
- Heated and Cooled Workshop Area with Water & Power
- 5-Stall Horse Barn With Additional Feed or Storage Area and Space for Tack - Lighted With New Hot Water Tank, Storage Cabinets and a Sink
- Fenced Paddocks With Auto Water on a Float System Shaded By Large Live Oaks; Lean To Shelter As Well
- Equipment Barn to Store All Maintenance Items and Hay for Horses
- Hen House With Concrete Slab, Auto Water, PVC Roosting Area and 6 Separate Nesting Boxes
- Investment Property
- Currently Rents on VBRO for $500-$700 a Night Generating An Average of $4300 a Month
- Zoned County Schools
- Moulton-Branch Elementary School - PK - 5th Grade - Rated 7/10
- Pine Grove Middle School - 6th - 8th Grade - Rated 9/10
- Lowndes High School - 9th - 12th Grade - Rated 7/10
- RV Slip With Water and Electrical Hookup
- Event Venue Serving Groups Up to 99 Attendees
- Abundant Wildlife On Site; Momma Fox & Her Kits, Momma Turkey With Poults, Occasional Bald Eagle, Hummingbirds, Bees and Various Birds to Watch
Moore Pond Has It All...A Gated Paved Entry Which Winds Along Through Majestic Old Live Oaks and Moore Pond. It's the Perfect Set-Up for Anyone Who Loves the Outdoors and Entertaining. Enjoy a Dip in the Pool or Grille Out Under the Pavilion of the Pool House While Watching the Horses Play in the Pasture.
Moore Pond Has a 5-Stall Horse Barn for the Equestrian Lover, a Fishing Pond, Multiple Fruit Trees, and a Hen House Providing Six Nesting Boxes With Auto Water Capability. Collect Fresh Eggs Each Day and Enjoy the Experience of Living on the Land & Raising Organic Chickens
Moore Pond Equestrian Estate is located in Lowndes County, Georgia just four miles from downtown Valdosta. Moore Pond is the best of both worlds, country living with the convenience of shops and restaurants close by.
14.9+/- acre South Georgia equestrian estate with gated paved entry leading you through a winding drive of mature live oaks and pines to the circular drive front entry.
Newly renovated 6000+/- sq. ft. two-story ranch style home and pool house with 3 BR / 3 BA full baths on the first floor and 2 BR / 1 full bath on the second story. Two additional half-bath powder rooms located on the first floor give guests a private place to access.
A foyer at the front door entry gives access to the formal living room, hallway bedroom en suites, and an open family room area overlooking the pool. The open floor plan ensures effortless flow from room to room.
This home has an architectural shingle roof, concrete board siding, plantation blinds throughout, and an attached 2-car garage that leads to the backdoor entry and kitchen area.
The large chef’s kitchen and breakfast nook area is complimented by a dedicated enclosed hideaway coffee area and bar area with an enclosed wine cooler with plenty of cabinet space so countertops can be clutter-free. The large island is great for food prep and entertaining with granite countertops and bar seating. Stainless steel appliances with Fisher Paykal six-burner gas range, ventilation hood, double ovens, dishwasher, microwave, ice machine, refrigerator, disposal, and wine cooler. A newly installed reverse osmosis water filter system services the entire home with pure drinking water.
There is a separate pantry and large laundry area complete with cabinets, sink, and countertop space as well as an additional storage area for misc. housekeeping items and possibly a second refrigerator. The kitchen with breakfast nook area is perfect for entertaining guests and flows effortlessly into a formal dining room with a formal living room attached. The living room has a beautiful marble gas fireplace as the focal point and is the perfect spot for hosting after-dinner conversations.
All flooring throughout is hardwood with tile in the baths and showers.
The Kitchen area opens up to a massive family room and entertainment room which overlooks the pool and outdoor entertainment space.
This space has a cozy fireplace and hearth with built-in bookcases on each side. This is the perfect space to relax and watch your favorite sporting event or Netflix binge. The large open entertainment and gaming area has wall-to-wall windows which provide open airy views of the pool area, landscaped yard, pool house, and horse pasture. French doors lead the way to a brick-paved covered porch area and detached pool house with workout area storage, closets, and a full bath.
There are three spacious bedroom en suites on the main level and each have walk-in closets and their own full baths with tankless water heaters to provide long hot showers. The master suite is spacious with a dedicated sitting area, brick hearth, and gas fireplace. It also has large his and hers walk-in closets, double vanity, a laundry area, and a unique shower area which leads to a beautifully landscaped pool area and open porch. There are French doors from the master that lead to an attached screened-in porch area which provides a great insect-free space to enjoy your morning coffee or evening wine. The porch area has a gorgeous cedar wood ceiling to give this space an inviting relaxing vibe.
The second story leads to two large bedrooms with walk-in closets that share a full bath. There is a dedicated space for a study and it’s the perfect space to read or work. This home can easily accommodate large gatherings with plenty of space inside and out to entertain or seclude for quiet time.
Land & Habitat:
Moore Pond has luxuriously manicured grounds with sweeping old live oaks, tall pines, jasmine-covered arbors, and a lovely pergola overlooking the horse pasture. The yard is home to over 300 boxwoods, weeping yaupon, hybrid daylilies, pagoda plants, fatsia, eucalyptus, bottle brush, and roses which create the perfect habitat for abundant hummingbirds and bees. Mossy old live oaks create an enchanting shaded outdoor space and a canopy-covered lane that leads to the herb garden, horse barn, and hen house. There are multiple fruit trees in the yard and an additional heated and cooled storage area with power and water, perfect for a workshop space.
Various spots have been planted as herb gardens hosting an array of fresh herbs such as oregano, rosemary, mint, and parsley. The estate could easily be self-sustaining with a large assortment of fruit trees including blueberries, pomegranate, grapefruit, satsuma trees, orange trees, lemon, lime, pear trees, fig trees, mulberry, and pecan trees.
The detached heated and cooled pool house is perfect for grilling under the covered porch area and the vaulted wood ceilings give the space a relaxing outdoor sensation. There is a workout area inside the pool house with storage closets and a full bath for the convenience of guests using the pool facilities. Bricked pavers lead to the gorgeous concrete pool and attached hot tub with open views of the pool house and fenced horse pasture. The pool is outfitted with a multi-speed motor that is extremely energy efficient.
Equestrian Amenities & More:
The horse barn, feed room, equipment shelter, and hen house are all located along the back boundary of the property. The 5-stall barn has new treated lumber doors, hardware, and new fencing along the entire property. The paddock area is shaded by a gorgeous old live oak and provides a nice shady space for the horses to escape the heat with a additional lean to shelter in the pasture. Water supply for the animals is set on a float system from two separate wells. The property has a new septic and four wells on site, one of which is a recently installed magnum well. Three wells are currently used and the fourth could be used for irrigation.
The feed storage - tack room appears to be a charming old living space with a rusted tin roof. It has been repurposed to currently store feed, tack, and other equestrian items. This space has a newly installed water heater, new well, new lighting, new sinks, and new cabinets to organize and store all of your animal’s maintenance needs. There is also an equipment pole barn to store all equipment for property maintenance and hay for horses. Along the back fence of the property is a hen house with a tin roof, concrete pad, concrete board siding, and six different nesting boxes. It has automatic water and PVC piping for the hens to roost. The hen house has great potential to easily be the absolute perfect home for your chickens so you can gather fresh eggs daily.
Moore Pond is a great investment property with current rental income averaging $4300 a Month. Please See VRBO Website for Rental Info - The Fox Den VRBO
Event Venue: Moore Pond is the perfect space for your event ... weddings, family reunions, showers and corporate retreats. Accommodates events up to 99 people.
RV Slip: Small RV pad with both electrical and water, but no dump station for either gray or black water.
Moulton-Branch Elementary School - PK-5th Grade - 618 Students -Located 2.89 Miles From Moore Pond - Rated 7/10
Pine Grove Middle School - 6th Grade - 7th Grade - 764 Students - Located 7.43 Miles From Moore Pond - Rated 9/10
Lowndes High School - 9th Grade - 12th Grade - 2865 Students - Located 6.26 Miles From Moore Pond - Rated 7/10-
If you are looking for a quiet convenient equestrian property that has all of the feels of country living coupled with the convenience of being close to town... Moore Ponds checks all of those boxes!
The Kohler & Associate’s
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Or want to discuss the market with the Leader in this niche?
Contact us to discuss one of our properties, for information on properties that are not yet released to the market or to discuss the market.