Upson County, Georgia⁞372.88± ACRES
1.5 mile Stretch of Whitewater with some of Georgia's Oldest Remaining Stands of Natural Hardwood and Pine
- 372.88 +/- Acre High-Quality Recreational Property
- Just west of Thomaston, Georgia
- Part of the famed “WaterCrest” or “Hightower Estate”
- 9/10th of a mile on Crest Highway
- 1 mile of both sides of Baroucho Creek
- 1 mile of frontage on Potato Creek
- Class III Whitewater Rapids for almost a mile
- Trophy deer hunting here is exceptional and turkey population is good
- An amazing 220 feet in elevation change with heights of 720 feet
- One of the oldest remaining stands of mixed pine and hardwoods in Georgia
- There is currently no conservation easement. This would be an ideal candidate.
- Located Minutes from Downtown Thomaston, GA & 7.8 miles from Thomaston Upson Regional Airport
- The #1 airport in the world is 60 miles away
High Quality Recreational Property with One Mile of White Water Rapids
Once part of the famed Hightower Estate and currently part of WaterCrest estate itself, this 372.88 +/- acres is one of the most spectacular of Georgia's Piedmont properties. There is an amazing elevation change spanning 220 feet. The property contains a mile of Potato Creek. Most of the creek entails spectacular Class III whitewater. Baroucho Creek too flows for a mile thorough the property.
The trophy deer hunting here is exceptional and turkey population good. Upson County is one of Georgia’s higher rated deer counties. This area in particular has excellent genetics and excellent age class. The property could use a Nutritional program.
Note - there is the opportunity to purchase WaterCrest, an additional 740 +/- acres (across the road from this parcel) complete with an 8,690 sq. ft. grand estate built by famed architect Philip Shutze, a 2,460 sq. ft. lake house, a 68+/- acre lake, and more for $6,998,500.
The Kohler & Associate’s
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Or want to discuss the market with the Leader in this niche?
Contact us to discuss one of our properties, for information on properties that are not yet released to the market or to discuss the market.