Camelot Farms Luxury Equestrian Waterfront Estate
Beaufort, South-Carolina⁞63.5+/-± ACRES
Camelot Farms is a Horse Lover's Utopia Located 20 Minutes from the Historic Town of Beaufort, South Carolina and Just Steps from the Atlantic Ocean
- 63.5 +/- Acre Luxurious Equestrian Estate, Beaufort County, South Carolina
- Located Just 20 Minutes from Historic Beaufort, South Carolina; Camelot Farms is Nestled Down a Quaint Palmetto Palm Lined Drive Transitioning into a Mossy Canopy of Live Oaks Leading to the Main Residence and Barn
- Enjoy the Coastal Charm of the Low Country with Your Favorite Equine, Taking Sunrise Beach Trail Rides, As Camelot Farms is Located Just 4/10 of a Mile from the Atlantic Ocean and the Tidal Creeks of the Saint Helena Sound
- Main House
- 2,800 Sq Ft. 3 BR/2BA/1 Half BA Residence with a Tabby/ Stucco Exterior - Built 2001
- Wrought Iron Gate Entry, Gas Lanterns and Fountain; 20 Ft High Ceilings in Foyer Entry and Great Room
- Home is Custom Finished with Travertine Marble and Hard Wood Flooring, Custom Kitchen Counter Tops with Horse Shoes Inlayed; Gourmet Kitchen with Stainless Steel Appliances; Decorative Fireplaces in Great Room and Screened Porch
- Great Room; Soaring Arched Windows and French Doors Provide Open Views of the Beautiful Mossy Live Oaks Over Looking the Low Country Marsh and Tidal Creeks
- Income Potential - VBRO - 3 Bedroom Guesthouse “The Saddle Pad” Located with Plenty of Room for Your Boat or Horse Trailer Parking; A Paddock is Located Beside the House for Guest Horses; Other Designated Paddocks for Equestrian Guests Visiting with Camelot Farms
- State of the Art Turnkey Morton Horse Barn
- 14 Stalls - Medal Sliding Doors and Visitor Openings – 12x12 Matted Stalls, Nelson Automatic Water Fountains and Custom Feeders with Individual Fans. Landscaped with Auto Sprinklers Around Barn
- 14 ft. Concrete Center Isle with Soft Custom Designed Rubber Tile Covering; Automatic Fly Spray System, Screened Windows; Heated Wash Station with Oversized Fan, Swinging Hose Holder, $165K Sprinkler System to Ensure the Safety of Your Horses. Auto Night Lights in case of power loss
- Stained Oak Interior with Beautiful Strained Glass Windows Above Each Entrance to Welcome Guest as They Enter the Barn Area
- Designated Space to Store Riding Equipment and Tack Half Bath in the Entry Lounge Area, 2 Cold Water Fountains are Located in the Lounge Area
- 6 Stall Receiving Barn with Tack Area Conveniently Located Just Steps from the Fully Covered Riding Area with Lights and Irrigation. Riding Arena with Observation Pergola for Guests with Overhead Fans
- 300 X 500 Foot Jump Arena/ Pasture, Other Training Obstacles on Property with Riding Trails; 125 X 200 Flatt Work Arena; (2) – 60 Ft Round Pens; 4 Horse Hot Walker with Remote Control
- Clinton Anderson Patience Pole; Two Large Cross Tie Areas with Concrete Footing Holding Up to 15 Horses for Baths and Tacking Up; Full-Size Dressage Arena
- Feed and Storage Barn Located Behind the Main Barn; Pole Barn for Equipment, Hay and Horse Trailer Storage Located Behind Main Barn
- Multiple Trails Throughout the Property, and Beachfront Riding for Riders to Enjoy; 28 Cross Fenced Pastures – Many Over an Acre in Size; 3 Pastures Have Large Run-Ins
- 6 Slot RV Campground with Electricity/Water/Bath House and Corral Panels; Dump Station Close By
- One Hour 40 Minutes to Charleston, SC; One Hour to Savannah, Ga; 50 Minutes to Hilton Head Island, SC; 20 Minutes to Beaufort, SC
- Private Executive Airport Located in Beaufort, SC; Regional Airport in Hilton Head Island, SC; International Airports in Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC
- Located Close to Hunting Island State Park, A Popular Tourist Spot with Miles of Atlantic Ocean to Enjoy
- Wildlife is Plentiful for the Hunter at Camelot Farms, Wild Turkey and Deer are Abundant and Can Either Be Harvested or Simply Enjoyed
- The Possibilities are Endless; Low Country Waterfront Living with Abundant Wildlife at Your Fingertips; Create a Boutique Preserve Hunting Experience or Build a Fun 5-Stand Trap House for the Clay Sporting Enthusiast
- (2) Stocked Ponds on Property Which are Enjoyed by the Campers and Riders Alike
- Barn is Handicap Accessible
- Currently in the Process of Getting Dock Permitting on the Marsh with Beaufort County
- Homeland Security Tower on Neighboring Property on the Southwest Boundary that Insures Our Nations Coastal Security
- Incredible Income Potential: Should the New Land Steward Prefer to Run the Property as a Revenue Generating Asset; Please See Understanding the Investment, Possible Revenue Upwards of 70K a Month If All Potential Exercised
Low Country Waterfront Living with Abundant Wildlife at Outside Your Front Door – Experience the Charm of ‘The South’s Best Small Town’
Saddle Up for Breathtaking Sunrise and Sunset Rides on the Beach. What Are You Waiting For? Come Experience Luxury Coastal Living at Its Best!
Located just 20 minutes from the historic town of Beaufort, South Carolina, lies Camelot Farms, a 63.5-acre luxury waterfront equestrian estate. A true horse lover’s utopia, it's an idyllic location just steps from the Atlantic waterfront. Saddle up for incredible sunrise and sunset rides on the beach or simply enjoy the abundant wildlife located on property.
Enjoy evenings on the veranda of the main estate home, watching deer and turkey feed with St. Helena Sound as your backdrop. Surrounded by the beauty of nature, Camelot Farms quiets the soul and exemplifies low country living at its best.
“One word comes to mind when thinking of Camelot Farms, idyllic. From beachfront horseback rides and coastal marsh views to the charming town of Beaufort, South Carolina.” – Lori Bembry Weldon
This gorgeous property is nestled down a quiet Palmetto Palm-lined drive that transitions into a canopy oak-covered lane. Here, one will find the entrance of the main residence, a magnificent 2,800 sq ft, 3 BR, 2.5 BA home. The entry has a beautiful courtyard and garden with black wrought iron gas lanterns, wrought iron entry gates and a beautiful, tiled fountain. Once inside, one immediately notices the custom Venetian finish. The foyer and great room area tout grand 20 ft ceilings, with an equestrian scene painted on the foyer ceiling. The wrought-iron features and travertine marble accents lead into the expansive great room with French doors and arched windows, providing beautiful views of the back veranda and horse pastures lining the marsh.
The family chef will not be disappointed with the gourmet kitchen. Custom concrete countertops inlayed with iron horseshoes give this space a personal touch to compliment the lifestyle. All appliances are stainless steel with a gas-burning range top and vent. The dining room area features custom artwork on the ceilings and sets the stage for a relaxing evening entertaining dinner guests. After meals, step out onto the screened-in porch to get some fresh air and sit by the outdoor fireplace to finish spirited evening conversation.
The master suite offers gorgeous views of the marsh and pasture. This space offers every amenity one would expect and creates the perfect space to unwind after a busy day on the farm.
Follow the travertine marble upstairs transitioning into hardwood floor hallways lined with wood and wrought iron railing to enjoy views across the great room that give way to the peaceful setting outback. There are two spacious bedrooms upstairs with a Jack & Jill bath between. The third bedroom features French doors leading to a private balcony beneath the oaks with views of pastures and marshland. It's the perfect space to have your morning coffee or watch another spectacular sunset at Camelot Farms.
Wildlife is plentiful for the hunter on Camelot Farms, wild turkey and deer are abundant and can be either harvested or simply enjoyed while sitting on the back veranda overlooking a large pasture leading to marshes of The Saint Helena Sound.
“The quaint town of Beaufort is dripping in southern hospitality – named ‘America’s Best Small Town’ by Southern Living Magazine,” there could not be a better place to live.” - Lori Bembry Weldon
BEACH TRAIL RIDES
Enjoy the coastal charm of South Carolina with dreamy beach trail rides. The property is ideally positioned less than 4/10ths of a mile from the ocean and tidal creeks on the marsh. Explore the many trails on-site and end up at the beach to allow the horses to cool off in the waters of the Atlantic Ocean. It is incredibly rare to find a property of this caliber, so incredibly close to the coast.
"This is one of the only places in America where you can be riding a horse on the beach in minutes.” -Lori Bembry Weldon
THE MAIN BARN
A palm and oak canopy-covered lane lead the way to the immaculate Morton custom horse barn. An equestrian lover's dream, this barn spares no detail. Finished in stained oak on the interior with stained glass windows at either end of the barn's entrances, one can't help but be mesmerized by the level of craftsmanship this barn displays. There are 14 (12X12) matted stalls with Nelson automatic water fountains and custom feeders, each stall has its own individual fan to keep the horses cool on warm South Carolina days. Each stall is outfitted with an automatic fly spray system and screen windows to keep flies at a minimum. A 14 ft center aisle with soft custom-designed rubber tile covering leads to a heated wash station near the center of the barn where an oversized fan and swinging hose holder make bathing as seamless as possible. To ensure your equines' safety, a state-of-the-art $165K sprinkler system was installed with auto night lights should the property ever lose power. As you enter the barn, there is a guest restroom and designated space to store riding equipment and tack with two cold water fountains to complete the lounge area. An automatic lawn sprinkler system surrounds the grounds of the main barn to keep the landscaping and grass lush and green.
ADDITIONAL EQUESTRIAN AMENITIES
Camelot Farms features every amenity imaginable for the equestrian lover, including, but not limited to: a fully covered, lighted riding arena with a ventilated observation pergola; a 6-stall receiving barn with tack area; a full-size Dressage Arena; a 300 X 500 ft jump arena complete with training obstacles; a 125 x 200 flat work arena; a 4-horse hot walker with remote; two 60 ft round pens; a Clinton Anderson Patience Pole and two large cross tie areas with concrete footing to tack and bath up to 15 horses; a feed and storage barn; a pole barn for storing hay, equipment and horse trailers, a 2,600 sq ft barn office with lounge area, tack storage, kitchen and restroom; and finally, 28 one-acre cross-fenced pastures for horses to roam freely.
“This is the perfect setting for the multi-generational family to come and gather. The whole family – kids, grandkids, and so on - can ride along the beach together, go fishing, boating, or just enjoy nature. With the additional home and camping options, there’s plenty of space for everyone to come and enjoy.” - Lori Bembry Weldon
OTHER IMPROVEMENTS (RV AND TENT CAMPING):
If camping is your love, bring your RV and set up camp at one of the six RV Campground slots complete with water, electricity, a bathhouse, and corral panels for your equine friends. There is a dump station close by to make your stay convenient. While you camp, wet a line and fish in one of the two stocked ponds on the property. Riders and campers alike both enjoy wrapping up their days with a little fishing. If camping is not your style, there is also a 3BD/ 2BA home on the property called the "Saddle Pad" (which is currently rented through VRBO).
AREA ACTIVITIES AND DINING OPTIONS
There is always something to do while visiting Camelot Farms, Little Horse Island with its wild miniature horses roaming the beach is a short drive from the property. Camelot Farms is also located close to Hunting Island State Park, a popular tourist spot with miles of Atlantic coastline to enjoy. The destination is also home to Jonathan the Tortoise, believed to be the world's oldest land resident. If you are not up to cooking an evening meal, the historic town of Beaufort, SC is a short 20 minutes away. Enjoy live music and a fantastic dinner overlooking the Beaufort River or for those that like to cook, Gay Seafood is just down the road to take home and prepare the fresh catch of the day! Great seafood is served up year-round at JCT’s which is just a couple of miles away from Camelot Farms. In season, The Shrimp Shack is the place to go for local delights, such as the shrimp burger.
BOATING AND FISHING
For the adventurer, try your luck at the many local fishing spots along the creeks, rivers and low country coastline. Multiple marinas are in the area for those that like to get out on the water for boating and fishing.
Camelot Farms is located just one hour and 40 minutes from Charleston, SC; one hour to Savannah, Ga; 50 minutes to Hilton Head Island, SC and a short 20 minutes to historic Beaufort, SC. The Private Executive Airport Located in Beaufort, SC; is the perfect choice for private aircrafts and either the Regional Airport in Hilton Head Island, SC, or the International Airports in Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC are great choices for commercial flights.
Camelot Farms is that rare property where the buyer, most likely an equine lover, has the potential to carry on a lucrative turnkey equine business, should the new landowner wish. For those looking to purchase as an equestrian estate for pure enjoyment; it provides a peaceful setting to live onsite with your horses and soak up the sunny days along the South Carolina coast.
**Please contact the broker to inquire about multiple streams of income producing revenue.
The Kohler & Associate’s
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Or want to discuss the market with the Leader in this niche?
Contact us to discuss one of our properties, for information on properties that are not yet released to the market or to discuss the market.