Beaufort, South-Carolina⁞58.18+/-± ACRES
Located on Saint Helena Island in the Low Country of South Carolina, This is a Rare Opportunity on a Property in this Location with This Much Acreage. Private Trail Access Leads Directly from the Property to the Beach, Meaning You Can Be Horseback on the Atlantic in Just Minutes!
- 58.18 +/- Acre Equestrian Center, Beaufort County, South Carolina
- Annual 2022 Revenue Stream Earned - $348K+
- Multiple Access Trails from the Property to the Beach; Enjoy the Coastal Charm of the Low Country with Your Favorite Equine, Taking Sunrise Beach Trail Rides Which Generated $139K in 2022
- The Property Could Continued To Be Operated As a Business (Beach Trail Rides, Boarding, Lessons, RV Campground Rentals & Rental Property Onsite Currently)
- Featured on RFDTV (6 Episodes) - Horse Master Television Show With Julie Goodnight
- State of the Art Turnkey Morton Horse Barn
- 14 Stalls - Medal Sliding Doors and Visitor Openings – 12x12 Matted Stalls, Nelson Automatic Water Fountains and Custom Feeders with Individual Fans. Landscaped with Auto Sprinklers Around Barn; Handicap Friendly
- 14 ft. Concrete Center Isle with Soft Custom Designed Rubber Tile Covering; Automatic Fly Spray System, Screened Windows; Heated Wash Station with Oversized Fan, Swinging Hose Holder, $165K Sprinkler System to Ensure the Safety of Your Horses. Auto Night Lights in case of power loss
- Stained Oak Interior with Beautiful Strained Glass Windows Above Each Entrance to Welcome Guest as They Enter the Barn Area. Designated Space to Store Riding Equipment and Tack Half Bath in the Entry Lounge Area, 2 Cold Water Fountains are Located in the Lounge Area
- Covered Riding Area with Lights and Irrigation With 6 Stall Receiving Barn with Tack Area Conveniently Located Just Steps from the Riding Arena with Observation Pergola for Guests
- 300 X 500 Foot Jump Arena/ Pasture, Other Training Obstacles on Property with Riding Trails; 125 X 200 Flatt Work Arena; (2) – 60 Ft Round Pens; 4 Horse Hot Walker with Remote Control
- Clinton Anderson Patience Pole; Two Large Cross Tie Areas with Concrete Footing Holding Up to 15 Horses for Baths and Tacking Up; Full-Size Dressage Arena
- Feed and Storage Barn Located Behind the Main Barn; Pole Barn for Equipment, Hay and Horse Trailer Storage Located Behind Main Barn
- Multiple Trails Throughout the Property, and Beachfront Riding for Riders to Enjoy; 28 Cross Fenced Pastures – Many Over an Acre in Size; 3 Pastures Have Large Run-Ins
- 6 Slot RV Campground with Electricity/Water/Bath House and Corral Panels; Dump Station on Site
- Regional Airport in Hilton Head Island, SC; Int'l Airports in Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC
- One Hour 40 Minutes to Charleston, SC; One Hour to Savannah, Ga; 50 Minutes to Hilton Head Island, SC; 20 Minutes to Historic Beaufort, SC; Private Executive Airport Located in Beaufort, SC;
- Located Close to Hunting Island State Park, A Popular Tourist Spot with Miles of Atlantic Ocean to Enjoy
- Wildlife is Plentiful for the Hunter at Camelot Farms, Wild Turkey and Deer are Abundant and Can Either Be Harvested or Simply Enjoyed
- The Possibilities are Endless; Low Country Waterfront Living with Abundant Wildlife at Your Fingertips; Create a Boutique Preserve Hunting Experience or Build a Fun 5-Stand Trap House for the Clay Sporting Enthusiast
- (2) Ponds on Property Which are Enjoyed by the Campers and Riders Alike
- Camelot Farms is Nestled Down a Quaint Palmetto Palm Lined Drive Transitioning into a Mossy Canopy of Live Oaks Leading to the Main Residence and Barn
- VBRO “The Saddle Pad” Rental - (2022 Income Earned $31K) - 3 Bedroom Guest House Located Onsite; Plenty of Room for a Boat or Horse Trailer; Paddocks Beside the House for Guest Horses; Other Designated Paddocks for Equestrian Guests; 3 Additional Onsite Rental Properties Generating $3,650 Per Month With Third Home Used As Housing For Barn Manager
- Homeland Security Tower on Neighboring Property on the Southwest Boundary that Insures Our Nations Coastal Security
This Property Could Continue to Be Operated As A Business As It Is Today With 2022 Revenue Streams of $348,000 With Potential for Additional Income
Located 20 Minutes from the Historic Town of Beaufort, South Carolina – Experience the Charm of ‘The South’s Best Small Town’ and All the Low Country Has To Offer
Located just 20 minutes from the historic town of Beaufort, South Carolina, lies Camelot Farms, a 58.18-acre equestrian estate with a private trail from the property to the beachfront. This is a true horse lover’s utopia; it is ready to step in and enjoy and has an idyllic location just steps from the Atlantic waterfront. Camelot Farms features every amenity imaginable for the equestrian lover. The property could be enjoyed as a private equestrian estate or operated as a business (2022 revenue stream generated $348,000) or both. This is a rare opportunity on a property of this caliber, with this much acreage in this location and access to the beach.
“One word comes to mind when thinking of Camelot Farms, idyllic. From beachfront horseback rides and coastal marsh views to the charming town of Beaufort, South Carolina.” – Lori Bembry Weldon
Wildlife is plentiful for the outdoorsman at Camelot Farms, wild turkey and deer are abundant and can be either harvested or simply enjoyed with views overlooking a large pasture leading to the marshes of The Saint Helena Sound.
“The quaint town of Beaufort is dripping in southern hospitality – named ‘America’s Best Small Town’ by Southern Living Magazine,” there could not be a better place to live.” - Lori Bembry Weldon
BEACH TRAIL RIDES
Enjoy the coastal charm of South Carolina with dreamy beach trail rides. This property is ideally positioned with multiple access points to the ocean and tidal creeks on the marsh. Explore the many trails on-site and end up at the beach to allow the horses to cool off in the waters of the Atlantic Ocean. It is incredibly rare to find a property of this caliber, so incredibly close to the coast.
"This is one of the only places in America where you can be riding a horse on the beach in minutes.” -Lori Bembry Weldon
THE MAIN BARN
A palm and oak canopy-covered lane lead the way to the immaculate Morton custom horse barn. An equestrian lover's dream, this barn spares no detail. Finished in stained oak on the interior with stained glass windows at either end of the barn's entrances, one can't help but be mesmerized by the level of craftsmanship this barn displays. There are 14 (12X12) matted stalls with Nelson automatic water fountains and custom feeders, each stall has its own individual fan to keep the horses cool on warm South Carolina days. Each stall is outfitted with an automatic fly spray system and screen windows to keep flies at a minimum. A 14 ft center aisle with soft custom-designed rubber tile covering leads to a heated wash station near the center of the barn where an oversized fan and swinging hose holder make bathing as seamless as possible. To ensure your equines' safety, a state-of-the-art $165K sprinkler system was installed with auto night lights should the property ever lose power. As you enter the barn, there is a guest restroom and designated space to store riding equipment and tack with two cold water fountains to complete the lounge area. An automatic lawn sprinkler system surrounds the grounds of the main barn to keep the landscaping and grass lush and green.
ADDITIONAL EQUESTRIAN AMENITIES
Camelot Farms features every amenity imaginable for the equestrian lover, including, but not limited to: a fully covered, lighted riding arena with a ventilated observation pergola; a 6-stall receiving barn with tack area; a full-size Dressage Arena; a 300 X 500 ft jump arena complete with training obstacles; a 125 x 200 flat work arena; a 4-horse hot walker with remote; two 60 ft round pens; a Clinton Anderson Patience Pole and two large cross tie areas with concrete footing to tack and bath up to 15 horses; a feed and storage barn; a pole barn for storing hay, equipment and horse trailers, a 2,600 sq ft barn office with lounge area, tack storage, kitchen and restroom; and finally, 28 one-acre cross-fenced pastures for horses to roam freely.
“This is the perfect setting for the multi-generational family to come and gather. The whole family – kids, grandkids, and so on - can ride along the beach together, go fishing, boating, or just enjoy nature. With the additional home and camping options, there’s plenty of space for everyone to come and enjoy.” - Lori Bembry Weldon
OTHER IMPROVEMENTS (RV AND TENT CAMPING):
If camping is your love, bring your RV and set up camp at one of the six RV Campground slots complete with water, electricity, a bathhouse, and corral panels for your equine friends. There is a dump station close by to make your stay convenient. While you camp, wet a line and fish in one of the two stocked ponds on the property. Riders and campers alike both enjoy wrapping up their days with a little fishing.
There is also a 3BR/ 2BA home on the property called the "Saddle Pad" (which is currently rented through VRBO). The Saddle pad has plenty of room for your boat or horse trailer parking and a paddock is located beside the house for guest horses. The new owner could use this home for their guests or family or could generate income by continuing to rent it on VRBO.
AREA ACTIVITIES AND DINING OPTIONS
There is always something to do while visiting Camelot Farms, Little Horse Island with its wild miniature horses roaming the beach is a short drive from the property. Camelot Farms is also located close to Hunting Island State Park, a popular tourist spot with miles of Atlantic coastline to enjoy. The destination is also home to Jonathan the Tortoise, believed to be the world's oldest land resident. If you are not up to cooking an evening meal, the historic town of Beaufort, SC is a short 20 minutes away. Enjoy live music and a fantastic dinner overlooking the Beaufort River or for those that like to cook, Gay Seafood is just down the road to take home and prepare the fresh catch of the day! Great seafood is served up year-round at JCT’s which is just a couple of miles away from Camelot Farms. In season, The Shrimp Shack is the place to go for local delights, such as the shrimp burger.
BOATING AND FISHING
For the adventurer, try your luck at the many local fishing spots along the creeks, rivers and low country coastline. Multiple marinas are in the area for those that like to get out on the water for boating and fishing.
The property could be enjoyed as a private, equestrian estate or it could be operated as a Business (Beach Trail Rides, Boarding, Lessons, RV campground rentals, or rent the guest house on VRBO). Currently, the owner enjoys the property and also operates a business on site including trail rides, riding lessons, indoor/outdoor boarding, (6x) 30 amp RV sites - Max 44 ft. plus a truck. Each RV site includes a corral and access to dump station. There are 2 rental opportunities on site. The revenue generated from all sources in 2022 totals $348,620.00. Camelot Farms is that rare property where the new owner buyer, most likely an equine lover, has the potential to carry on a lucrative turnkey equine business, should the new landowner wish. For those looking to purchase as an equestrian estate for pure enjoyment; it provides a peaceful setting to live onsite with your horses and soak up the sunny days along the South Carolina coast.
Camelot Farms is located just one hour and 40 minutes from Charleston, SC; one hour to Savannah, Ga; 50 minutes to Hilton Head Island, SC and a short 20 minutes to historic Beaufort, SC. The Private Executive Airport Located in Beaufort, SC; is the perfect choice for private aircrafts and either the Regional Airport in Hilton Head Island, SC, or the International Airports in Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC are great choices for commercial flights.
Camelot Farms is that rare property where the buyer, most likely an equine lover, has the potential to carry on a lucrative turnkey equine business, should the new landowner wish. For those looking to purchase as an equestrian estate for pure enjoyment; it provides a peaceful setting to live onsite with your horses and soak up the sunny days along the South Carolina coast.
**Please contact the broker to inquire about multiple streams of income producing revenue.
The Kohler & Associate’s
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Or want to discuss the market with the Leader in this niche?
Contact us to discuss one of our properties, for information on properties that are not yet released to the market or to discuss the market.