Huspa Plantation is often described as “inspiring,” “magical,” or even “heaven on earth.”
- 331.2 +/- acre Plantation in Beaufort County, South Carolina
- A++ location surrounded by water on three sides
- Gorgeous live oak entrance and stunning live oak canopied campus
- Deep water access on Huspah Creek
- 3 +/- acres of controlled duck impoundments
- Abundant wildlife
- Excellent fishing, shrimping and crabbing opportunities
- Open savannas surrounded by live oaks ideal for quail courses
- 4500 + square foot custom home with 5 bedrooms & 5 1/2 bath rooms and custom pool
- Manager’s house, horse barn and stables, round pen, and large riding arena
- Over 30 acres of fenced pasture
- Dual grass airstrips for quick access to the Plantation: 3500 +/- foot and 2000 +/- foot
- Dual airplane hangers
- Protected by a conservation easement with Ducks Unlimited
Huspa Plantation is located in Beaufort County along the coast of South Carolina and features 331.2 +/- acres along Huspa Creek. Huspa is often described as “inspiring,” “magical,” or even “heaven on earth.” Its angel oaks and alleys, coastal sunrises and sunsets, riverbanks and sweeping vistas are simply mesmerizing. Rarely do we find a combination like this for sale in Beaufort County.
1800s live oaks draped with Spanish moss extend a half a mile to the main house and campus. The main house and homesite is stunning and blends with the surroundings perfectly. It features over 4500 square feet of open floorplan living space. Vaulted ceilings and striking views from oversized custom windows in every room bring the outdoors into the home. Adjacent to the house is an outdoor swimming pool and guest house. Large gardens of camellias and ancient live oaks also surround the home. Within the campus are two storage barns, a 3 bedroom manager’s house, and tennis court.
For those with an affinity for horses, Huspa Plantation is a dream come true. There are miles of gorgeous trails, jumps, and paths to wander and explore. In the heart of the property lies a horse barn and round pen. There are over 30 acres of fenced pastures and a large riding arena.
The Plantation’s open savannas surrounded by live oaks would be ideal for quail courses. Deer and turkeys are regularly seen on the property, but are not often hunted. There are excellent spots for deer stands and food plots found throughout. On the South end there are even 3 +/- acres of controlled duck impoundments in a prime area for a mix of wild birds. Three ponds and deep-water access provide endless fishing opportunities for all types of fresh and saltwater fishing.
Huspa Plantation has an A++ location and the surrounding neighborhood is outstanding. Nearby Plantations include Brays Island, Bindon, Oak Grove, Tomotley, Sheldon, Twickenham, and many other historical properties. The North, East and South boundaries of the Plantation are bordered by water and marsh with deep water access providing a tremendous amount of privacy. To the West of the plantation is Brays Island Plantation. In fact, Huspa Plantation’s former owners, Mr. and Mr. Pingree, purchased Brays Island and would later develop the Plantation into the premier sporting community that it is today.
Huspa is centrally located between Charleston and Savannah, and both are about an hour way. Beaufort can be accessed by boat or car with similar distances around 15 miles. If quicker travel is desired, a 3500 +/- foot grass airstrip provides quick access to/from the Plantation. There are dual airplane hangers and a secondary 2000 +/- foot airstrip.
Huspa is protected by a conservation easement with Ducks Unlimited.
Maps & Location
- Nearby Plantations include Bindon, Oak Grove, Brays Island, Tomotley, Sheldon, Twickenham, and many more
- 15 miles to downtown Beaufort by boat or vehicle
- 1 hour to Charleston & Savannah