Jasper, South-Carolina⁞620± ACRES
Maxfield Plantation is an Excellent Legacy Property; Located in the Heart of the Low Country, It Borders Ridegland, SC and is in the Path of Progress Making the Location A+ Plus for a Conservation Easement to Protect Land For Future Generations
- 620 +/- Acre Recreational Plantation in the Heart of the Low Country, Jasper County, South Carolina
- Managed for Wildlife & Timber, Multiple Income & Exit Strategies
- 18 Acre Stocked Pond With Bass, Bream and Blue Gill
- Historical Rice Fields On Property; 18 Acre Lake Was Once a Rice Field Growing Carolina Gold. (4) Other Existing Rice Fields that Could Be Managed for Duck Jasper County, South Carolina is the Home of the Rebirth of Carolina Gold Thanks to Dr Shultz at Turnbridge Plantation
- Excellent Legacy Property - Maxfield Plantation Borders Ridegland, SC In the Path of Progress Making the Location A+ Plus for a Conservation Easement to Protect For Future Generations
- Main House Built for Entertainment
- 6 BR / 6 BA Each Room Has Own Shower and Toilet With Laundry Room on One Side & Kitchen on the Other Side
- Front Sitting Room With Expansive View Of Lake & Dock; Back Screened-In Porch With Rocking Chairs; Huge Dining Area Down the Middle of Cabin
- Post Hunt Cabin
- Walk In Freezer; Interior has Sink, Gas Stove, Ice Machine, Chest Type Freezer , 2 AC’s; Walk Around Covered Porch with TV Outside & Sitting Areas
- Fire Pit - Pizza Oven Outside Cabin
- Equipment Shed – Big One By the Main House; Smaller Shed Up By the Road – 2 Bay
- World Class Golf Close Proximity
- PGA Golf Tournament Hosted at Close By Congaree Golf Course Formerly Vevant Plantation
- Under One Hour to Hilton Head Island -Home of the Famed Harbortown Golf Link; More Than 55 Golf Courses Within An Hour’s Drive
- Great Navigable Road Systems; Abundance of Gorgeous Pines & Mature Live Oaks
- Wildlife- Released Quail, Deer, Turkey & Some Wood Duck; Food Plots and Feeders
- Rifle Range – 300 Yards Longest - 100, 200, 300 Yards; Pistol Range & Shooting House
- A+ Plus Location
- Close to 95; Close to Borders Turkey Hill Plantation
- Airport Close Lands Any Size Jet
- Just 40 Minutes From Historical Savannah & 1.5 Hours Outside of Charleston, SC
A 620 Acre Quail Plantation and Recreational Property Just 40 Minutes From Historical Savannah And An Hour and a Half Outside of Charleston
Built for Entertaining, Managed for Wildlife and Timber, and Having Multiple Income and Exit Strategies; Maxfield Plantation is Genuinely a Unique Find
Welcome to Maxfield Plantation, a gated 620-acre quail plantation and recreational property here in the Beautiful Low Country of Ridgeland, South Carolina …. Just 40 Minutes From Historical Savannah And An Hour and a Half Outside of Charleston. There is an abundance of mature Live Oaks and tall pines on this place that provide a beautiful landscape to navigate the well-maintained road systems. One of the most unique aspects of this property is that it borders the city limits of Ridgeland. A property could not be more in the path of progress than one bordering a new neighborhood and high school. Currently, this property is not protected by a conservation easement, making it the perfect place for someone looking to leave a permanent legacy of conservation in their wake.
Maxfield is in the second generation of current ownership and we were recently brought in to make some significant management changes. The current ownership recognized the need to thin the timber to both raise revenue as well as increase the long-term benefits to wildlife. We have a great timber crew on the property working to improve the health of this mature stand of pine. The current plan going forward is to conduct prescribed fire on a three-year rotation utilizing both dormant season and growing season fires. We also created openings that will be managed as native savannahs and kept in early successional habitat.
On the northeast corner of the property, you’ll find Ricetown on local maps. The name stems from the historical rice fields found on the property. At one time there were over 100 acres of rice fields growing Carolina Gold on this property. Today one of those fields has been turned into an 18-acre lake in front of the house and the other fields have not been fully utilized for ducks. With control structures still in place, repairing these and bringing back the quack would be relatively simple. Jasper County is the home of the rebirth of Carolina Gold Rice thanks to Dr Shultz at Turnbridge Plantation. With modern equipment, planting and maintaining inland rice fields is much easier than it used to be.
Maxfield is 15 minutes to Congaree Golf Club- the newest club on the PGA tour in South Carolina, and under an hour to Hilton Head Island- home of the famed Harbortown Golf Links. There are more than 55 golf courses all within an hour’s drive of the plantation. If golf isn’t your bag, Maxfield offers an 18-acre lake stocked with bass and bluegill, spring turkey hunting, deer hunting, upland pine plantations that have been used for released quail hunting, and over 70 acres of historic inland rice fields that could be manipulated for duck hunting. Built for entertaining, managed for wildlife and timber, and having multiple income and exit strategies; Maxfield Plantation is genuinely a unique find. Wildlife is abundant on the property with designated food plots and feeders at different locations. Get dialed in with your shooting skills at the gun range on the property. The rifle range is 300 Yards Long and there is also a pistol range if you have an affinity for handguns.
Maxfield Plantation is set up to entertain a large family or gathering of friends with 6BR-6BA, a common dining area with great views of the lake, and a dock out back.
Main House – 6 BR / 6 BA each room has its own shower and toilet with Laundry Room on one side and Kitchen on the other side – front sitting room overlooks the serene lake with a screened-in porch on the back with rocking chairs. The center hallway perfectly displays 2 large dining tables with plenty of seating for meals. There is a post-hunt cabin next door with an incredible outdoor space to relax and rehash every detail of your hunt. Enjoy the fire pit, pizza oven, outdoor seating, and big-screen TVs while you sip on your favorite libation. The interior is set up to prepare whatever fish or game you happen to bring home with a fishing cleaning station, sink, gas stove, ice machine, chest-type freezer, walk-in freezer, and 2 ACs. Just across from the post-hunt cabin you will find the equipment shed which stores all of the maintenance equipment needed to maintain the grounds.
The location in the low country doesn’t get much better; Maxfield Plantation is in Jasper County and only 5 minutes from the Ridgeland Claude Dean airport which boasts a 4200’ runway and only 5 minutes off of I-95. Book a visit today and see what life at Maxfield is all about.
The Kohler & Associate’s
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Or want to discuss the market with the Leader in this niche?
Contact us to discuss one of our properties, for information on properties that are not yet released to the market or to discuss the market.