White Oak Valley Plantation
Chilton County, Alabama⁞2700± ACRES
The Ultimate in Luxury Recreation only 40 minutes from Birmingham; Offering World Class Hunting & Fishing, Metropolitan Sophistication, & Unmatched Development Potential!
- 2700+/- Acre Premier High-Fenced Recreational Property
- The Largest High-Fenced Plantation in Alabama
- Formerly Approved Planned Conservation Development turned back into High Quality Recreational Property, Great value!
- Exceptional Higher and Better Use Potential
- Conservation Easement Preliminary work completed - benefits available to the new owner
- 55+/- Acre Blue Buck Lake; world class fishery, custom engineered & breathtaking views
- Arguably the best Trophy Bass Fishing Lake in Alabama!
- 6+/- acre and 3+/- acre pond stocked with bass and bream as well as a small trout pond for winter stocking
- 7500 +/- sf Custom Log Lodge, 5 BR, 5.5 BA, granite countertops, vaulted ceilings with wrap around porch views of the lake, detached garage, & boathouse
- 4500+/- sf Custom Log Lodge, 3 BR, 2.5 BA, granite countertops, hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings, & wrap around porch views of the lake & custom lakeside pavilion & pier
- 2400+/- sf Managers Lodge and attached covered storage
- 4 stall horse barn with two attached fenced pastures approximately 3 acres and 5 acres; approximately 100 miles of horse & atv trails
- Metal barn used for a deer breeding operation with 33 acres in custom designed pens to maximize soft releasing deer in to the main enclosure
- Exceptional Texas genetic lines bred for typical frames and survivability have been released onto the property for several years
- World Class turkey hunting and excellent habitat for brood rearing
- Extensive improved road system with multiple permanent steel bridges over creeks
- 4.5 miles of clear flowing creeks with 3 named creeks flowing through the property including Watson, Third, & Cobb Creek
55+/- Acre Blue Buck Lake is in a class of its own producing 120 fish weighing 10-16 lbs!
The Largest High-Fenced Sporting Plantation in Alabama!
White Oak Valley Plantation is the ultimate in luxury recreation and higher and better use potential and offers the very best in class for hunting, fishing, amenities, and location. It’s convenient location just 40 minutes South of Birmingham spurred a vision and preliminary approval for a conservation development with 29 home sites centered around its 55+/- acre Blue Buck Lake, where members would own a 5-acre home site on the lake and have an undivided interest in the surrounding 2700+/- acres of recreational land. This potential remains today.
When you enter the gates at White Oak Valley you immediately notice the enormous vision the developers had for this property. From every curve of the 55-acre lake, to the location of each lodge to maximize the vistas, every detail was deliberate. The main lodge is a beautiful, custom-built three-story log lodge built by Jim Barna in 2007. Situated on the bluff overlooking Blue Buck Lake, it has 7,500+ square feet of living space, not including an attached garage and multi-story decks for panoramic viewing. The lodge has five bedrooms, two living spaces, one on the middle floor and one on the bottom floor, a gourmet kitchen, dining room, laundry room, and a custom bar on the lowest level. An elevator conveniently transfers guests among the three floors. The lodge is also home to a boat house, a trout pond and a fishing deck.
The second lodge, better known as the “Jim Barna Lodge,” was built atop another hill overlooking Blue Buck Lake in 2007. The lodge, totaling 4,500+ square feet, is three levels with a kitchen, dining area, living room with a fireplace and has two bedrooms and two and a half baths on the top two floors. It has a full suite on the bottom floor, complete with a second kitchen, living room with a fireplace, and dining area. This lodge has a sweeping wrap-around porch for enjoying views of the lake and wildlife. Additional amenities convenient to the location include the Barbecue Pavilion with a fire pit and boat dock.
Near the custom gated entrance to the property is a Texas-style barn that can be used for additional guests or a manager’s lodge. The 2,400-square foot lodge/barn built in 2006 has an office, kitchen, bath, and living quarters. It also has a skinning area and hay storage above. It overlooks the horse pastures beside the Barn & Lake. There is also a horse stable located by the barn that has four stalls and two fenced pastures. There are over 100 miles of horse-riding trails meandering through the property for your enjoyment.
White Oak Valley is a large watershed in itself, with several all-dispersed flowing streams. Watson Creek, Third Creek, Cobb Creek, and several smaller streams cover over 4.5 miles within the boundary lines of the plantation. They have been found to contain a very good diversity of aquatic life, as well as adding to the aesthetics and functionality of the habitat.
Blue Buck Lake is the 55+/- acre focal water feature of the property, custom engineered and currently at full pool. The lake bottom was carefully created for fish structure; each having been GPS’d for reference by fisherman or management. This lake has produced more than 120 Largemouth Bass weighing 10 pounds to 16 pounds in the last few years. Additional water features include a 6 +/- acre lake on the eastern side of the property that is yielding 10-pound bass as well as holds a lot of wood ducks in the winter, a small trout pond stocked each fall is located near the boat house on Blue Buck Lake, as well as a 3+/- acre pond near the entrance to the property.
The whitetail deer population at White Oak Valley is exceptional. Approximately 2,620+/- acres of the plantation is high-fenced; It is the biggest enclosure in Alabama. There is no doubt these animals are wild and hunt like a fair chase hunt. There is a very strong native deer population on the plantation. New genetic lines from some of the best Texas deer breeding sires have been introduced into White Oak Valley Plantation and are producing bucks up to 270 B&C. For the last several years, the current owners have released numerous genetically enhanced deer from their trophy herd program into the main population. There is no better way to instantly enhance the quality of the entire deer herd than what is being done at White Oak Valley.
The high-fence management program, excellent habitat, and regular trapping practices have benefitted all wildlife, mostly notably the turkey population. The turkey hunting is excellent and makes for unforgettable mornings when coupled with a great day on the lake after the hunt.
White Oak Valley Plantation, a prime location, abundant water, higher and better use potential, unmatched wildlife, luxurious amenities; simply walk in and enjoy. For an exclusive look at the largest high-fenced sporting plantation in Alabama, please contact us today.