Double Barrel Ranch at The Oaks
Columbia County, Florida⁞140± ACRES
The Perfect Blend of Horses, Home, and Investment
- 140± Acre Pastoral Property with Far and Away One of the Finest Homes in North Florida, Columbia County, FL
- Located in The Oaks of Lake City - An Equestrian Lifestyle Neighborhood with an Equestrian Center designed by Olympians Karen and David O’Connor
- One of the Largest Acreage Properties in any Planned Horse Community in Florida
- The Benefits of a Planned Horse Community, the protection of great neighbors, plus a Large Property
- Located in One of the Top Equestrian Neighborhoods in the Southeast
- 12,969 +/- sq. ft. Main House - Designed as Modern Western Mountainside Lodge
- Built using methods found in expensive commercial structures for strength, energy efficiency and execution of the design. Designed as one of the most energy-efficient house in the state
- 6 Bedroom, 6 Full Bath, 2 Half Bath
- Kitchen with high end appliances. Serves as focal point for open vaulted Great Room and Dining space
- Marble Floors in multiple spaces. Stone Countertops Paired along with beautiful live-edge slab bar counter
- Master Suite features fireplace, marble surround, covered patio, Dual Large Walk-In Closets with Custom Built Cabinetry and Islands
- Large Family & Game Room features Full Kitchen, 3-TV panels
- Office features vaulted ceilings, wet bar, veranda with breathtaking vantage point of entire property
- Fully-outfitted Home Gym
- Outdoor Kitchen with high end appliances & features Three-sided fireplace with natural stone from Montana, Earthstone built in wood burning pizza oven, Built-in Big Green Egg
- Glass-bead finished pool and spa - accented with 6 raised fire bowl waterfall features and a welcoming 6’ gas fire pit seating area as a backdrop
- Smart Home with Control4 Home Control system plus Entire House under surge protection plus lightning arresting system
- 22-Security Cameras throughout Property
- Paver driveway leads to Air-Conditioned Garage
- Lighted Basketball/Tennis Court and Children’s Playground
- Beautiful fenced Pastoral Setting with incredible live oaks along property edge
- 8,200 sq. ft. Event Barn Built in 2018 has 7 Electric Bay Doors, Climate Controlled, Wet Bar, Men’s & Women’s Bathrooms and Prep-Room
- The community has an Equestrian Center with 33-Stall Main Barn & Covered and Open Eventing Arenas
- Boarding and Training Available
- The Community has Trials meander throughout neighborhood
- Lake City has become known as the “Fresh Water Recreation Capital of America,” with Ocala National Forest, Santa Fe River, Ichetucknee River and Suwannee River all surrounding the region
- Some Equipment Included
- Located just 9 Minutes from I-75, 12 Miles from Lake City, FL, and 42 Miles from Gainesville and University of Florida & Shands Hospital
- Great Social Storm Property
Beautiful Pastoral Property with Far and Away One of the Finest Homes in North Florida; Located in One of the Top Equestrian Neighborhoods in the Southeast, This is One of the Largest Acreage Properties in any Planned Horse Community in Florida
The Double Barrel Ranch is a beautiful, pastoral property with far and away one of the finest homes in North Florida. Located in one of the top equestrian communities in the Southeast, The Oaks, this 140± acre property has a rolling pastoral setting, beautiful live oaks, fenced pastures, and features a beautiful main lodge that has world-class finishes and no detail missed. Built by the owner of one of the southeast’s leading commercial real estate developers, they chose this specific property to build this magnificent estate. This is one of the largest properties in any planned horse community in Florida. Double Barrel Ranch has the benefits of a planned horse community, the protection of great neighbors, convenience to the city, plus a large property. It is the perfect blend of horses, home, and investment.
Located in the Oaks of Lake City, this gated estate includes 140± acres of the finest land in the neighborhood. Constructed in 2015, the lodge was built using methods found in expensive commercial structures for strength, energy efficiency and execution of the design. The breathtaking main lodge is just shy of 13,000 square feet, encompassing 6 bedrooms, 6 and 2 half-baths. It took two years to plan and build the lodge. The finest materials were sourced including stone sourced from quarry in Montana, Western Red Cedar Beams custom made from the Pacific Northwest, wood flooring milled from a decommissioned barn purchased exclusively for this house. Built with reinforced concrete block, steel bar joist floor, structural insulated panel roofing, significant insulation and soundproofing, this estate one of the most energy-efficient houses in the state.
The owner of Double Barrel Ranch grew up locally. Today, he has a nationally recognized and award-winning real estate development company. This estate is what he and his wife personally built for their family. Every detailed was well planned and the lodge has the finest materials and craftsmanship in Florida. In the Oaks community, some of the lots are inside the gated equestrian portion of the community and some are not. Double Barrel Ranch is located in the gated community in the back of the neighborhood and when you are on the property, you don’t see a neighbor.
“If your career gave you the experience of building across America using finishes, materials and modern techniques most have not even heard about and you wanted to go back to where you were raised and build something safe, secure and modern for your own family this may very well be what you would build.” -Jon Kohler
The architecture of the house is absolutely stunning. The modern finishes are designed to complement the stylistic rustic materials throughout the house. The open high-vaulted ceilings in the great room accentuate the red cedar beams. The main kitchen is loaded with high-end appliances, stone counter tops paired along with a magnificent live-edge slab bar counter, which opens to a large sitting area with a fireplace.
The master suite is the perfect private retreat complete with fireplace and marble surround, covered patio, and large master bath. The master bathroom features dual showers, freestanding bath, dual vanities plus an additional makeup vanity. Separate walk-in closets have custom built cabinetry, islands, plus have an additional laundry room.
The additional five bedrooms feature attached bathrooms. When designing this house, the current landowners put significant emphasis on kid-friendly features. A large playroom features three TV panels, full kitchen, bathrooms, and storage. The playroom opens out to the outside patio which leads to a kids playground and lit basketball/tennis court.
The outside patio area is tailored built to relax and entertain. The sitting lanai overlooks the glass-bead finished pool and Jacuzzi, and putting green. The perimeter of the pool is dotted with 6 raised fire pits with built in waterfalls. The pool also features a safety fence for young children.
The Viking grill, wood fired pizza oven and built-in Big Green Egg in the outdoor kitchen are the perfect tools for the outdoor chef’s creations. The highlight of the outdoor kitchen is a massive three-sided fireplace with stone brought in from one of the best quarries in Montana. An additional bathroom and storage room are also located on the patio.
The technology installed in this house is absolutely amazing. The entire house can be managed through touchscreen panels connected with the Control4 Home Control System. Miles of cabling run throughout the house providing multiple access points. Every square inch of the property is monitored with 22 security cameras. Also protecting the house from mother nature, everything is under surge protection plus a lightning arresting system. The lighting inside and outside of the house was professionally designed and engineered. The main garage is also air conditioned. Adjacent to the main garage is a full loaded gym with state-of-the-art equipment and technology.
“In today’s market, I am sure it would take every bit of two plus years and $300 per sf for the home and $700,000 for the barn just to duplicate the construction costs.” - Jon Kohler
The Double Barrel Ranch also features a 8,200± square foot event barn, which was built in 2018. Seven electric bay doors open up to the massive space which features a wet bar, men and women’s bathrooms, prep/storage room. This space is perfect for hosting fundraisers, weddings, corporate events, but could also be easily utilized for vehicle storage.
Adjacent to the property is neighborhood's epicenter for the equestrian activities, The Oaks’ world-class Equestrian Center designed by Olympians Karen and David O’Connor. The facility was built with the highest of standards in equestrian care and training. The main features include a 33-stall barn, covered arena, round pen, barn, cross country course, and more. Boarding and other services allow owners to enjoy riding and training more than worrying about maintenance and upkeep of a facility of this caliber. The entire community is centered around horses. If desired, you also have the ability to add a horse barn and keep horses on this property as well.
“In today’s Florida, undeveloped entitlement rights are both real and important. A great way to profitably “harvest” these rights is by restricting future development with a conservation easement. Here, being located in essentially the back phases of one of the most successful equestrian communities on the I-75 corridor, the NPV of those rights is extremely valuable and ready for the next owner to capitalize on.” - Jon Kohler
The Double Barrel Ranch is located just outside of Lake City, and is the perfect property for those looking for seclusion and privacy, while still maintaining easy access to restaurants and shopping very close by. Known as the Freshwater Recreation Capital of America, this region is loaded with lakes and rivers offering places for fishing and swimming, canoeing and water skiing. The University of Florida and the world-renowned Shands Hospital is an easy 40-minute drive south on I-75. Access to Eastbound I-10 is 15 miles away, and westbound slightly longer at 18 miles.
It would take years to duplicate this property. Capitalize on this opportunity on a beautiful pastoral property with a world-class home that has the finest materials and craftsmanship in Florida located in one of the top gated equestrian communities in the Southeast; the ability to enjoy the peace and quiet of the country yet the convenience of being only 12 miles to all the amenities of the City.
“Today’s I-75 corridor north of Gainesville is one of the more interesting parts of the State. It’s the convergence between old rural Florida and modern conveniences, energy and growth. This property is nestled in to benefit from it all.” - Jon Kohler