Flatwoods Tract A
Conveniently located in Madison County with excellent recreation opportunities
- 105 acre recreation/timber property located in Madison County, FL
- Located in one of the largest and most profitable timber markets in North Florida
- Less than two miles North of Greenville, Florida
- 45 miles from Tallahassee, Florida
- 60 acres of planted slash pine
- Great deer and turkey habitat
- Multiple wood duck ponds
- Less than five miles from I-10
- 0.3 miles of Highway 221 road frontage
Flatwoods Timber Tract A is a 105-acre recreational and timber property located in Madison County, Florida in the Suwannee Valley. Tract A is one of three tracts currently on the market totaling 435 acres. This individual tract contains abundant wildlife and beautiful habitat. Flatwoods Timber offers an excellent opportunity for a hunting camp or home site. This property is conveniently located less than five miles from I-10 and 45 miles East of Tallahassee. This tract is an easy driving distance from Thomasville, Atlanta, Jacksonville, and South Florida.
Tract A has an estimated 60 acres of 14-year-old slash pine. This tract offers the highest upland-to-wetland ratio of the three tracts on the market. It has over 0.3 miles of Highway 221 road frontage.
The pine trees growing on tract A are about two to three years from their first-time thinning or harvest. Timber management activities over the next five years will involve thinning 25% of the trees and prescribed burning to allow the control of hardwood competition and fuel hazards. The key ingredient to intensive timber management is pine tree plantation thinning.