Excellent timberland investment in one of the strongest pine markets in the Southeast
- 435 acre recreation/timber property located in Madison County, FL
- Located in one of the largest and most profitable timber markets in North Florida
- Large stands of mixed cypress swamps throughout
- Can be divided
- Less than two miles north of Greenville, 45 miles from Tallahassee
- 115 acres of planted slash pine
- 205 acres of natural timber
- 120 acres cypress/gum swamp
- Hunting lease income potential
- Great deer and turkey habitat
- Excellent wood duck hunting
- Less than five miles from I-10
- Paved road frontage on all the tracts
Flatwoods Timber is a recreational and timber property located in Madison County, Florida in the Suwannee Valley. This tract contains abundant wildlife and beautiful habitat. Flatwoods Timber offers an excellent place for a hunting camp, weekend getaway, or home site. This property is conveniently located less than five miles from I-10 and 45 miles from Tallahassee. It is an easy driving distance from Thomasville, Atlanta, Jacksonville, and South Florida.
This property is offered whole or can be divided.
The investment opportunity on this property is strong. The property is located in the epicenter of one of the strongest timber markets in the Southeast. Flatwoods Timber has an estimated 115 acres of 14-year-old slash pine trees. The trees are about a year from a first-time thinning or harvest. Timber management activities over the next five years will involve thinning 25% of the trees and prescribed burning to allow the control of hardwood competition and fuel hazards. The key ingredient to intensive timber management is pine plantation thinning. The goal and purpose of our management scheme is to grow the largest-sized trees in as little time as possible because the bigger trees are more valuable. The sooner this objective can be met, the annualized return to the landowner will be greater.
Flatwoods Timber offers good wildlife habitat. The natural timber stands act as great bedding and feeding areas for deer and turkey. The cypress swamps contain dozens of wood duck holes. This habitat makes every season special at Flatwoods Timber.