Winding River Preserve
Highly Ranked Social Storm® Property with strong security. 93-acres with access to over 8,000 acres.
- 92 acres+/- recreational & timber property in Levy County, FL.
- Located in the heart of the Suwannee Valley
- Abundant deer, Osceola Turkeys, ducks, wild hogs, and quail
- Minutes from the Suwannee, Wacasassa and Santa Fe River
- 30 minutes to Cedar Key and the Gulf of Mexico
- Excellent timber crop. Over 20 year old untouched planted Slash Pine ready to be thinned
- Part of an over 8,000 acre Property Owners Association
- Large timber and cattle ranch on the northern and western border of the POA
- Great security. Electric gate at entrance of the wildlife community
- Less than 35 miles from Gainesville
- Less than one hour from Ocala
- Good road system
- major wildlife corridor in the Suwannee Valley
- Far northern limit of the Osceola turkey range
Winding River Preserve is a 93+/- acre Highly-Ranked Social Storm® Property located in Levy County, Florida. This tract is in the heart of the Suwannee Valley. This part of North Central Florida offers some of the most diverse properties in the state, ranging from cattle ranches, large agriculture tracts, and timberland. This diversity creates some of the best wildlife management in the state. As a result, this property is loaded with deer, Osceola Turkeys, ducks, wild hogs, and quail.
Winding River Preserve is part of a gated community over 8,000 acres in size. This tract offers great security with a coded electric gate at the entrance of the preserve. All tracts are part of a property owners association that helps maintain the electric gate and roads throughout the preserve. The neighbors throughout the preserve are like-minded when it comes to conservation and implementing successful wildlife management. This benefits the hunting drastically on a place this size. Though this property is only 93 acres, it feels much larger with the access to the roads on over 8,000 acres.
The timber on Winding River Preserve is ready to be thinned and can offer a quick return on investment. The property is at the center of one of the strongest timber markets in the state. There are almost a dozen different wood product mills within 50 miles of this property. 10 of the 93 acres make up a pond on the western border of the property. The rest of the property comprises around 20-year-old untouched planted slash pine with a high density of around 650 trees per acre. This means almost 90% of the property is upland. This is one of the strongest upland to wetland ratios of any tract on the 8,000-acre preserve.
This unique property is a compliment to some of the most popular springs in Florida. Winding River preserve is less than 20 minutes from Blue Springs, Ginnie Springs, Manatee Springs, Fanning Springs, Devil's Den Prehistoric Spring, and Blue Grotto. These springs flow from the historic Suwannee and Santa Fe River. The property is also less than 30 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico and Cedar Key. With so many local recreational activities it makes for a great year-round property.