Priced 5% Below 2019 Appraisal.. This Old Family Homestead Was Built in 1904 ... The Perfect Spot for a Turnkey Hunting or Fishing Camp or A Creative Makeover Could Restore This Early 20th Century Old Beauty Back to Her Original Grandeur!
- 199± Acre Recreational Property, Decatur County, GA
- Great Hunting - Parcels on Both Sides that Adjoin are Clear Cut Leaving Ellis Acres as the Premier Habitat for Wildlife
- Trail Systems Throughout with Abundant Deer, Turkey, Feed Plots and Feeders
- Main House - Built in 1912
- 2400 Sq Ft, 4BR/3BA, Classic Furniture and Farm Items
- 2 Car Carport with Electrical Outlets for Charging Boats/Batteries, Cooking Patio, Front Porch with Swing and Firepit
- Equipment Barn and Tool Shed
- Great Fishing - Mosquito Creek Borders Northern Boundary, 5 Miles to the Flint River, 5 Miles to Lake Seminole and 6.5 Miles to the Famous Apalachicola River Landing
- Mosquito Creek, Which Constantly Flows thru the Middle of this Rustic Landscape Empties Into the Apalachicola River Nearby, Wooden Bridges have been Built to Easily Cross the Creek at All Times
- Fine Dining Located 18+/- Miles Away in Bainbridge as Well as Cheney Griffin Park
- 18+/- Miles South of Bainbridge, 35+/- Miles West of Tallahassee, 5+/- Miles East of Chattahoochee
- 40 Minutes from TLH Int. Airport
If only the land could speak, it would have so many wonderful stories to tell. Ellis Acres was established in 1904 by Gordon and Willie Ellis. The story goes, as chronicled by their grandson and current landsteward Mike Smith, that Gordon and Willie Ellis married in 1904. Mike recounts the story that his grandmother Willie used to tell, Gordon Ellis sawed people's lumber at no charge for seven years if they would allow him to have the pick of the lumber. He saved all of this choice lumber and in 1912 built what is now the Ellis Acres Homestead, named in their memory.
Located in Decatur County Georgia, just off of Highway 97, Ellis Acres is a 199+/- acre recreational property perfectly suited for an amazing hunting and fishing camp. Nestled between parcels bordering either side that are open land, it naturally creates the perfect rustic landscape and habitat for an abundance of deer and turkey. Mosquito Creek, which constantly flows thru the property and empties into the famous Apalachicola River nearby, provides the perfect constant water source for a plethora of wildlife. Food plots and deer feeders are set up throughout the property to capitalize on creating the ideal habitat, resulting in a outdoorsman's paradise. Trails cut throughout the parcel make it navigable with a polaris or ranger to all points on the property with 2 handmade wooden bridges to cross Mosquito Creek. The landscape is rolling hills with a mixture of hardwoods throughout. Due to damage from hurricane Michael, some maintenance and clean-up of downed trees is necessary in order to restore to it's full potential as a hunting property.
The possibilities for a turnkey Fish Camp are endless! Mosquito Creek borders the northern boundary, it's just 5 miles to the Flint River, 5 miles to Lake Seminole and 6.5 Miles to the famous Apalachicola River Landing. Cheney Griffin Park and Landing is located just 20+/- miles away in Bainbridge, Ga and provides a great opportunity for boating with an assortment of activities for those who love boating, hiking, dog walking and simply enjoying the outdoors with your family. Ellis Acres would make the perfect spot for someone who loves to fish as well as hunt.
Fining dining options are only 18 +/- miles away in the charming downtown of Bainbridge, Ga. Have dinner at The American and relax in the park on the town square afterwards while enjoying some homemade ice cream from one of the local purveyors.
The 2400 sq. ft lodge was built in 1912 and has 4BR and 3BA. The interior is reminiscent of its' era and the classic furniture pieces compliment to create a true feel of nostalgia. The kitchen has some updates with a granite topped butcher block and earth tone tile floors. The den has a true lodge "feel" with its original heart pine walls and ceilings and the brick encased old wood burning stove in the corner to provide heat. The old homestead is currently the perfect turnkey hunting and fishing lodge but a creative makeover could bring this early 20th century old beauty back to life!
There are plenty of outdoor spaces to enjoy your surroundings including a front porch as well as an enclosed porch area for cooler weather. There is a 2 car carport with electrical outlets to charge boats and batteries, a designated cooking patio and a fire-pit to enjoy the fall afternoons and evenings during hunting season. An equipment shelter and tool shed provide great spaces to store all items needed to maintain this property.
If you are a true outdoor enthusiast and are looking for the perfect weekend "escape" to get out of town and enjoy country life, Ellis Acres is the perfect fit for you.