Charleston County, South-Carolina⁞124.8± ACRES
Rare Opportunity on a Private Waterfront Mini-Plantation Featuring a World-Class Custom Home Located Less than 15 Miles to Charleston
- 124.8 +/- Acre Recreational Property and Estate in Charleston County, South Carolina
- Located less than 13 Miles to Shopping and Dining in Downtown Charleston
- Beautiful Views of Rice Fields & Rantowles Creek
- One of the Finest Homes on the Market Outside of South of Broad
- Live Oak Gated Entrance and Beautiful live oak canopied campus
- 7,300± sq. ft. custom home, 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms
- Open Floor Plan with cathedral ceilings with large exposed reclaimed wood beams
- Wood Floors
- Thermador appliances
- Stormproof windows and doors
- Billiards Table, Large bar and entertaining space
- Backs side of home opens out to outdoor space and pool
- Large Pool Overlooking Beautiful Views of Rice Fields and Creek
- Detached Two Car Garage with workout room and a attached dog kennel and full bath
- Apartment over garage 1 BR/1BA with kitchen, pine floor throughout, and accessible from external stairs
- .4 Acre Fishing Pond
- Abundant wildlife
- Greenhouse and fenced garden
- Pavilion with cathedral ceilings, full kitchen, ½ bath, & large fireplace
- Wobble machine under, high & low house for skeet - all maintained by Rick Hemmingway (Back Woods Quail club in Georgetown)
- Elevated box blinds & food plots
- Opportunities for Fishing, shrimping and crabbing
- Boat Dock
- Storage Barn
- Bordered on the Eastern Boundary by a Park
- The property has a conservation easement but allows for an additional guest home to be built
This is One of the Largest Acreage Estates within this Proximity to Charleston – Beautiful Picturesque Property Surrounded by Parks & Conservation Land, with Frontage and Spectacular Views of Rice Fields and Rantowles Creek
Features One of the Finest Homes on the Market South of Broad in Charleston – Its Rare to Find a Combination or Acreage with a Home of this Caliber and Amenities within this close proximity to downtown Charleston
Thomas Hall is a rare opportunity to purchase a combination of acreage and a custom, up to date, home and amenities within this close proximity to downtown Charleston. Located just 13 miles to historic Downtown Charleston, this 124.8 +/- acre recreational property and estate has beautiful views of Rantowles Creek & rice fields, a pond, beautiful live oaks, abundant wildlife, a dock, skeet range, and features a beautiful custom home with world-class finishes and no detail missed Not only is this one the largest acreage estates within 15 miles of Charleston, this is one of the finest homes on the market today outside of South Broad. Thomas Hall has the privacy and recreational enjoyments of a plantation yet also has the convenience to the city.
The custom main house boasts 7,300 +/- square feet, six bedrooms and six baths with extensive covered porches/patios. It has a beautiful architectural design with high quality brick exterior, radials on either side, and high quality moldings and finishes. It has an open floor-plan with kitchen, family room, living room, dining room all with cathedral ceiling with large exposed reclaimed wood beam. There is also a billiard room with large wet bar and a den. The master suite has a large walk-in closet and a very large master bath. The other bedrooms are on the second floor and have cathedral ceilings. The kitchen features Thermador appliances. The dining room features a custom mural by Jennifer Black. The is very little drywall inside the home – it is mostly high quality wood! The back side of the home opens up to a covered porch and then patio and large pool that overlooks picturesque views of the rice fields and Rantowles creek.
There is a detached two car garage with attached dog kennel and full bath and also a workout room with a view. Above the garage is a one bedroom, one bath apartment with full kitchen, wood floors throughout, and accessible by separate entrance.
Nearby the main house is a .4-acre fishing pond and a large covered outdoor pavilion with cathedral ceilings, full kitchen, half bathroom, and large fireplace. This is the perfect entertaining space.
The property also has a greenhouse with fenced garden, a storage barn, and a dock behind the main house. There is also a first-class skeet shooting facility maintained by Ricky Hemmingway (backwoods Quail Club in Georgetown); a wobble machine under the shoot deck, a high house and a low house for skeet.
There are approximately 47.35 acres of high lands including freshwater wetlands (and a total of approx. 124.8 acres including marsh). The property is surrounded by a Parks and land with conservation easements which adds to the privacy of the property. Thomas Hall is located only minutes away from Johns Island, James Island, and Kiawah.
It is rare to find a sporting property within this proximity to Charleston. Thomas Hall has abundant wildlife, elevated box blinds, and food plots. Behind the main house is a dock with access to Rantowles Creek. There is opportunity for fishing, shrimping, and crabbing. This is a year-round family enjoyment property.
The current owners spent almost 15 years enhancing and perfecting the property into what it is today. The property has a conservation easement allowing for one additional guest home to be built; this is one of the esteemed easements held by Ducks Unlimited. Ducks Unlimited has 175 total easements in South Carolina exceeding 100,000+ total acres in South Carolina and over 45,000 acres just in the Ace Basin.
A Social Storm® Ranked Property: Thomas Hall and it's Social Storm® Property Attributes are Highly Ranked. This Social Storm® property belongs to a unique asset class with key property attributes that investors gravitate to for safety in bad times and buy for a recreation reward in good times.
Why choose a Social Storm® Property?
The Kohler & Associate’s
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Or want to discuss the market with the Leader in this niche?
Contact us to discuss one of our properties, for information on properties that are not yet released to the market or to discuss the market.