Mill Owner’s Tract
- 2,966 Acre Timber and Recreational Property in Levy County, FL
- Owned by seller of a large regional sawmill – The smaller details in management have resulted in Major Differences – This isn’t a typical timber Tract
- Planted with the finest, fastest growing slash genetics of one of the best nursery’s in the country
- Accessible via easement of four-lane US 19
- 344 Acres of Merchantable Timber including:
- 304 acres of 40 year old plus thinned planted pine
- 40 acres of 14 year old slash pine
Fine bourbon and timberland have more in common than most would think. The best distillers in Kentucky know forethought and subtle details make a big deal in the end - similar to comparing a small batch to a single barrel. In the world of Timberland, the difference is known as the Mill Owner’s Tract and the financial ramifications are much greater. These are strategic tracts that the mills rely on to make things happen in rain or events when they really need timber. These are tracts that when this happens the timber commands a premium. The mills usually don’t have the luxury of owning them. Here the same owner owned both.
Here, the owner of this tract is one of the most sophisticated and successful mill owners of this generation and backed by a NY Private Equity Firm, Blue Wolf Capital. It’s a “who’s who” of the timberland business. This tract is vetted! This “Mill Owner’s Tract” is owned by the former owner of Suwannee Lumber Company. When the mill itself sold, the buyers also wanted this tract but financially things didn’t align. Now that the seller doesn’t own a mill, the general public has a rare opportunity to purchase one of the finer tracts in the region. Like the highest grade bourbon, the subtle differences of this tract make it heads above a typical timber tract. However, unlike the premium price high-end bourbon commands, this can be bought right now for the same price or less than a typical timber tract. If you’re looking to invest in Florida timberland and you have an opportunity to buy a “Mill Owner’s Tract” for the same price as regular timberland you would be well advised to add this to your holdings.
These 2,966 acres of square sections are planted with the finest, fastest growing slash genetics of one of the best nursery’s in the country. The 40 year old mature timber looks more like the Osceola National Forest than what we see on private lands. Interspersed uniformly throughout are scattered mesic wetlands typical of North Central Florida. There is currently no conservation easement nor water storage agreements on the property. Planned like a pro, the timber ages and stands are broken out across the landscape accentuating eco-tones for wildlife. Currently, the hunting rights are leased to one of Central Florida’s premier outfitters and turkey guides.
The property is almost surrounded by one of the largest and most capitalized cattle ranches in North Florida. Access is through this ranch via an easement directly to four-lane US 19. It has a small adjoining boundary with the 7,000 acre Quota Hunt only Devil’s Hammock Wildlife Management Area, which is on the Wacassassa River. Chiefland is 8.2 miles away, Ocala is 43 miles away, and Gainesville is 30 miles away. There are multiple mills in this area.
Maps & Location
Mill Owner’s Tract
- 2,966 Acre Timber Property in Levy County, Fl
- Located 8 Miles from Chiefland
- Located 30 Miles from Gainesville
- Access is through this ranch via an easement directly to four-lane US 19
- Eight Mills located within 80 Miles of property