- 4.34 Acre Historical Tobacco Warehouse, Intersection of 309 and 241; Attapulgus, Georgia
- 9000 Sq Ft Barn Built in 1940
- Interior Walls Exposed Brick
- Interior Floors Tongue and Groove Heart Pine
- Original Heart Pine Sliding Barn Doors with Original Iron Hardware
- 11 Ft Heart Pine Ceilings and Floors with Some Exposed Brick Floors; Galvanized Metal Roof
- Brick and Block Veneer
- Original Historical Tobacco Press
- Wood and Iron Tobacco Carts and Crates
- Original Working Scales in Entry
- Second 5000 Sq Ft Barn With Concrete Floors and Galvanized Metal Roof
- Incredible Historical Opportunity to Restore this Old Tobacco Warehouse to an Amazing Event Venue or Destination Dinner Spot
- Power Lines Close for Power Installation
- A+ Location - Havana 9 Miles, Bainbridge 15 Miles, Quincy 20 Miles, Tallahassee 24 Miles and Thomasville 39 Miles
I took this project on because it holds a very special place in my heart. It captures many childhood memories for me as my Dad was a local tobacco farmer from the time I was 8 years old thru the age of 16. I spent every summer working in the fields and although I didn't realize it at the time; it was teaching me an important life lesson of the importance of a hard work ethic.
At the heart of our brand for Jon Kohler & Associates lies the importance of land preservation and carrying on historical legacies. This barn has literally stood still in time. When you walk thru the door, it's as if you step back into 1940. The original tongue and groove pine flooring is covered in dust but literally a diamond in the rough! The working scales lead way to the next room in which you will find an industrial size tobacco press with incredible wood beams and iron work stamped with the word Bainbridge. From there you will meander into the next large room with huge rolling barn doors made of gorgeous wood and black iron fixtures. There are relics of the past in every corner of this structure. Tobacco sticks, wooden crates, tobacco carts, large tongue and groove lumber laying everywhere and 20 ft long pine wood table surfaces that would make unique tables for large gatherings.
I want more than anything to find a buyer that can appreciate the moments in history that these buildings capture and restore these buildings into an amazing venue or destination dinner restaurant. There is so much local history within these walls and the legacy of this place needs to live on.
Preserve This Unique Piece of History and Allow Others To Step Back In Time Within the Walls of This Historical Building!