Twin Eagles Plantation
Dougherty County, Georgia⁞715± ACRES
715± acre Southwest Georgia Quail Plantation with “Architectural Digest-Quality Home” Located Right in the Middle of the Albany Plantation Belt in Exclusive Tarva Road Location
- 715 +/- acres Quail Plantation in Dougherty County, Georgia
- Borders Pinebloom Plantation, Tarva Plantation and Wynfield Plantation
- 9 acre pond and a 3.6 acre pond, both well stocked
- Dry Branch Creek runs through the property
- Right in the middle of the Albany Plantation Belt in exclusive Tarva Rd location
- Managed primarily for wild bobwhite quail, whitetail deer, turkey & also has abundant doves, wood ducks
- Rich and diverse ground cover quail habitat
- Exceptional timber
- Great Eco-tones with a lot of edges
- Wood Duck Brood habitat pond and a 6 acre dove field
- Main house, 5 bedroom, 3,800 sf plus 2,000 sf of porches
- Three car garage with 1,000± sf carriage house apartment, unfinished but roughed in
- Plantation headquarters, 4,000 sf (50 x 80) equipment barn/managers office
- Furnished manager's office
- Climate-controlled garage
- Lunch and restroom facilities and shower area
- Climate-controlled storage room
- Large equipment barn with workshop areas
- Brick and wrought iron electronic entrance gate
- Mature Leyland cypresses border the property & giant magnolias grace the grounds around the home
- 3 miles of beautiful walking trails through pines, moss-draped live oaks and duck ponds
- Located twenty minutes to Albany and only twelve minutes from Southwest Georgia Regional Airport
- Winter training grounds for AKC Dual Champion dogs
- New Roof in 2019
- Offered Divided - 115 acres with House and Pond Available: $995,000
WALL STREET JOURNAL Named Twin Eagles as the House of the Day. . .then after Receiving the Most Votes, It was Named House of the Week!
Ponds, Creek, Rich and Diverse Ground Cover Quail Habitat, Excellent Timber, Great Eco-tones with a Lot of Edges, Wood Duck Brood Habitat, Dove Field, and More!
Twin Eagles Plantation is a 715± acre Southwest Georgia quail plantation with an "architectural digest quality home". It borders Pinebloom Plantation, Tarva Plantation and Wynfield Plantation and is right in the middle of the Albany Plantation Belt in an exclusive Tarva Rd location. The plantation has two ponds, creek, a rich and diverse ground cover quail habitat, excellent timber, great eco-tones with a lot of edges, a wood duck brood habitat pond, and a 6-acre dove field.
The plantation is managed primarily for wild bobwhite quail and whitetail deer with abundant doves, wood ducks, and turkeys. The primary focus for the past twelve years has been quail habitat management. The plantation has rich and diverse ground cover quail habitat and delivers consistent high-quality wingshooting each season. A diverse expanse of upland pine and cypress bottomland supports a prolific population of whitetail deer. There is a wood duck brood habitat pond and a 6-acre dove field. Twin Eagles Plantation offers recreation year-round.
Twin Eagles has a nine acre pond and a 3.6 acre pond in front of the main house, both well stocked. Dry Branch Creek runs through the property. Three high-volume dedicated wells are located on the estate grounds and two additional wells serve the plantation.
The plantation currently has approximately 450 acres of slash and loblolly pine ranging in age from 1986 to 1991. Additionally there are some 250 acres of hardwoods, much of which is merchantable. There is an excellent road infrastructure affords easy access throughout the property.
Twin Eagles Plantation features a beautiful five-bedroom, 3,800-square-foot main house that boasts 2,000 square feet of porches overlooking the pond. All of the architectural elements of the home, such as columns, millwork, and shutters, are period-correct. The floors and cabinetry are hand-crafted from antique heart pine. The fireplaces, chandeliers and decorative features are 17th to early 20th-century European elements from fine historic homes across the South. The library features Burmese Carved ceilings. The home has a historic feel but blends with modern features such as high-speed internet, state-of-the-art sound system, water purification system, multi-zone climate control, security features, commercial-grade kitchen appliances, copper countertops, large ensuite baths, and marble and granite surfaces throughout. Next to the main house is a three-car garage with a 1,000-square-foot carriage house apartment that is unfinished but roughed in and would be great for guests.
The brick and wrought iron entrance is equipped with a DoorKing electronic gate entry system. Mature Leyland cypresses border the property and giant magnolias grace the grounds. A river rock driveway winds through beautiful pines to the main house. Around the main house, there are nine acres of professionally landscaped grounds with a commercial-grade irrigation system and low-voltage landscape lighting gives a welcoming ambience to the house and grounds at night and provides security. Beyond the manicured grounds and the pond is a quaint bridge crosses Dry Branch Creek, leading to more than 3 miles of beautiful walking trails through the property.
The plantation headquarters, built in 2007, is 4,000 square feet (50 x 80). The facility houses equipment and provides facilities for both staff and hunters. It has a manager's office, climate-controlled garage, lunch and restroom facilities and shower area, a climate-controlled storage room, and a large equipment barn with workshop areas. It has a dedicated well, 24-hour monitored security system, and exterior security lighting.
Twin Eagles is located right in the middle of the Albany Plantation Belt in an exclusive Tarva Rd location. It is only twelve minutes from Southwest Georgia Regional Airport, twenty minutes to Albany and, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is less than 3 hours away via either I-75 or I-85.